NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would totally take Wade in DC, but I think there are other candidates we're looking at.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So Chargers and Rams share a stadium, combined home record for the Chargers and Rams in 2016, 4-12. I give it 5 years until whichever shittier of the teams is sent packing, don't get comfortable in LA charger fan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Theyre not building a 128937648374 billion dollar stadium to be leaving anytime soon

LA won't stand for one shit team, let alone two..one will get sent packing and since Kroenke is fitting the bill I suspect the Chargers will be relocating again soon.

It's tongue and cheek but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
chargers moving to within 10 miles of here, and so far I can't find anyone that cares

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They might rebrand and won't be the Chargers by the time the new stadium is ready also. Will still be the Chargers for 2017 though.

Lets go Raiders, get your shit w/ Adelson/Goldman Sachs settled and get your relocation details all sorted out.

Between the Chargers and Rams the owners will get to split $1.1b in relocation fees.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yay two teams LA doesn't want to see. They wouldn't come out and fill stadiums for the Rams or their beloved Raiders when I grew up there.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Get the feeling he will be in LA with the rams
Aren't they built as a 4-3 defense though? Wade's been a 3-4 guy his whole career, that's why Jerry brought him in after Parcells left. Unless they're committed to a switch of that type, which can take 3-4 years depending on how much draft capital they spend, I think it's more likely Wade goes to a 3-4 team or sits for a year.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Neither of those owners give a shit if their teams suck. Those stadiums will still probably be near capacity because of the city size and the fact so many fans of other teams will show up. Those dudes are still likely to get paid, it just won't be by fans of the Rams and Chargers.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think Dave Dameshek correctly renamed the chargers. If they move to LA they should be the Hollywood Stars.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The Chargers playing in a soccer stadium is just proof the NFL doesnt care about ticket sales, only TV market and ratings.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Vance is the new HC for Denver... not sure how I feel about this, as it looks like a good chance Wade moves on.

Klee blog: Broncos hire Vance Joseph, and his next moves should be...

I dont get it. Why would the model NFL Franchise hire this guy? one year as a DC. other than being young and black I dont see it. And his defense this year was 27th in yards and like 18th in points. Worse than the shitty Defense that got Rex Ryan fired.

As a bills fan I dont LOVE McDermott, but he has 8 years as a coordinator at the same age, with a super bowl run and some top 5 defense success. I can see a bit more of a resume to build off.

Just dont get how the team who could have any coach because of their all time defense goes for an underqualified DC that might run out Wade, the reason for their success.

I also dont get how Anthony Lynn started the year as a middling RB coach and his considered for head coaching jobs now.

the NFL makes no sense.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
@Gunnar you're not upset that once again Buffalo went with a head coach that has a defensive pedigree? Isn't it time for someone to develop a QB in Buffalo? At times Taylor, McCoy and Watkins looked like they had something, I don't get why they wouldn't explore that side of the ball. AFC East outside of NE is dumb.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
@Gunnar you're not upset that once again Buffalo went with a head coach that has a defensive pedigree? Isn't it time for someone to develop a QB in Buffalo? At times Taylor, McCoy and Watkins looked like they had something, I don't get why they wouldn't explore that side of the ball. AFC East outside of NE is dumb.

I dont put much faith in that. We had Mularkey and what did he do besides ruin Losman? Belichek is a Defensive guru and "Groomed" the greatest QB of all time. Newton has developed under Rivera. Carr Under Del Rio. Wilson under Carroll. I dont buy the "Head Coach Grooming" angle. I believe good coaches will hire good assistants, and build a good culture and develop players. Its as simple as good coaches are good coaches. We just fired a Defensive Guru who couldnt groom young defensive talent.

The rumored OCs under McDermott are Mike McCoy and Norv Turner. Either one would be as good as some of the offensive head coach candidates.

Im waiting to see what McDermott can do. Im not high or low on him. I dont think being a DC prior to this makes a difference. Who he hires, and more importantly, what the GM decides to do with taylor/drafting a new QB and who it is will be the real question.

Also, outside of McDaniels, the "offensive" coaching candidates were trash. Whaley said he wanted a young modern coach to lead the team for a decade. On the offensive side that left McDaniels, who would never stay in division with his Daddy Bill (No one will after what happened to Mangini), Frank Reich who is a local hero but not an inspiring head coach choice, and one other guy whose name escapes me.

Denver has a worse QB situation and hired a DC too.