NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You think he wants to go back to the frigid Northeast to follow up Bill and Brady? That's an impossible task, you'd have to be a fucking nut to want to take that on.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
He left for Denver and came crawling back.
After he got fired, went to St Louis and got fired again. Why would he want to follow up one of, if not the most, successful pairing of all time?

First he'd have to succeed somewhere besides under Bill, then he'd want to leave his current job he's succeeding at?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So, you just don't ever watch the Jets huh?

Well, let's see. They wouldn't give Fitzpatrick a 4-60 or 3-45 contract and thought it best to play out a single year at 12m. I would say that was a pretty smart move and they had to keep him around when a) they didn't have any better options and b) Fitzpatrick had a career year, including the most TD passes in Jets history. So, no, I don't think they'll overpay for Matt Moore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well, let's see. They wouldn't give Fitzpatrick a 4-60 or 3-45 contract and thought it best to play out a single year at 12m. I would say that was a pretty smart move and they had to keep him around when a) they didn't have any better options and b) Fitzpatrick had a career year, including the most TD passes in Jets history. So, no, I don't think they'll overpay for Matt Moore.

So, you are saying the Jets were the only team with QB problems this past year? The reason for keeping Fitz were no better options available, right? Do you think the NFL Int leader per game played was worth the full $12 mill or just $11.5? Because it seems you are saying no one has ever paid for a Matt Flynn, Cassel, Kolb, etc who got overpaid for their previous work(less than Moore's sample).

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Is McDaniels and Garappolo with him just an elaborate ploy by the Patriots to rape the Niners for their draft picks, and then we'll see McDaniels back in New England in 2 years?

No, they are sending him off to create "Patriots West" and the next 49ers dynasty will start just as Brady and Belichick retire. Then the two of them will buy the team (Brady's from the Bay Area anyway) and rule the NFL for the rest of eternity.

Hey if we're making up wacky stories, we might as well make them good right?

• 1Like

Cybsled

That story only works if Brady's wife helps buy the team for him

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jacksonville hired Coughlin as VP of football operations and made Marrone full time head coach.

Coughlin is 70 years old, you would think he would want to retire and go relax for his remaining years. Surely he has plenty of cash to do so.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Parcells had a hard time stepping away from the game too. If it's something you love to do, no reason to stop if you feel you can do it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So, you are saying the Jets were the only team with QB problems this past year? The reason for keeping Fitz were no better options available, right? Do you think the NFL Int leader per game played was worth the full $12 mill or just $11.5? Because it seems you are saying no one has ever paid for a Matt Flynn, Cassel, Kolb, etc who got overpaid for their previous work(less than Moore's sample).

Sigh, looks like you got worked up.

No, I wasn't saying that, since I was just responding to your comment referencing the Jets. Yes, other teams have QB issues.

Again, Matt Moore is 32 and will be 33 before the next season start. If you think he could get more than Fitzpatrick, who was coming off a pretty good full year and a good partial year (31/15, 17/8) as well as some middling years, I think you're delusional. Keep in mind, this was, by far, Fitzpatrick's worst year. So, no, I can't say that it was a bad decision at the time even if it didn't pan out. Obviously he wasn't worth $12M after having that awful season but they can't see the future. You also have to look at the relative value of that $12m, not it in a void. In terms of QB salary, he was 24th. Pretty much everyone below him except RG3 is on a rookie contract. This isn't a Brock Osweiler situation. Like Brock, all your examples are of young dudes where people gamble on their upside. A 33 year old doesn't have much upside. Moore even had a 13 game season a number of years ago where he was fairly competent and that didn't get him a big payday. It's not happening with Moore.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Sigh, looks like you got worked up.

No, I wasn't saying that, since I was just responding to your comment referencing the Jets. Yes, other teams have QB issues.

Again, Matt Moore is 32 and will be 33 before the next season start. If you think he could get more than Fitzpatrick, who was coming off a pretty good full year and a good partial year (31/15, 17/8) as well as some middling years, I think you're delusional. Keep in mind, this was, by far, Fitzpatrick's worst year. So, no, I can't say that it was a bad decision at the time even if it didn't pan out. Obviously he wasn't worth $12M after having that awful season but they can't see the future. You also have to look at the relative value of that $12m, not it in a void. In terms of QB salary, he was 24th. Pretty much everyone below him except RG3 is on a rookie contract. This isn't a Brock Osweiler situation. Like Brock, all your examples are of young dudes where people gamble on their upside. A 33 year old doesn't have much upside. Moore even had a 13 game season a number of years ago where he was fairly competent and that didn't get him a big payday. It's not happening with Moore.

Lol, I was bored and hoping you wouldn't dig deeper. Fine, you are right and it's quite possible Moore stays. He likes Miami( for some reason) and for a small upgrade in pay...probably not willing to uproot.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol, I was bored and hoping you wouldn't dig deeper. Fine, you are right and it's quite possible Moore stays. He likes Miami( for some reason) and for a small upgrade in pay...probably not willing to uproot.

Can't see anyone getting excited over Moore. But it is the NFL, and he is a QB.

• 1Like