NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He is also still playing like he is in his prime.

I think he has more games now with 3+ turnovers, games like the 2nd half of their first game against the Ravens when they just get completely shut down. But Ben is still one of my top candidates for a 500+ yard 5 TD game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It happens but seems well inline with his stats historically. He has had some high int years and some really low ones.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its good to see Chanur energized by perhaps the best Chargers team since 1994.

*cheers*

I wish I could say the same about the 49ers :( One good thing about the Niners is Fred Warner. What a player this guy has been as a rookie. Has 100+ tackles and is calling the plays as the defensive leader since Foster got cut. Very fortunate to have him after how much of a bust Foster was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
No question Big Ben is a great QB, but he has also had the pleasure of an all star cast around him at the skill positions since pretty much day 1

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If you don't have the slightest bit of optimism in the 49ers considering all the injuries they have dealt with this year, you aren't paying attention.

They still have quite a few holes to fill, but if they can manage to stay healthy next year I expect them to at least improve to a .500 team at a minimum.

Oh, and Fred Warner was calling plays all year. They never trusted Foster to do it because he was essentially too stupid. Go read the stories on it. Saleh and Shanahan tried to spin it as a "oh we just want him to focus on going out and doing what he does best, and that is flying around and playing football".

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you don't have the slightest bit of optimism in the 49ers considering all the injuries they have dealt with this year, you aren't paying attention.

They still have quite a few holes to fill, but if they can manage to stay healthy next year I expect them to at least improve to a .500 team at a minimum.

Oh, and Fred Warner was calling plays all year. They never trusted Foster to do it because he was essentially too stupid. Go read the stories on it. Saleh and Shanahan tried to spin it as a "oh we just want him to focus on going out and doing what he does best, and that is flying around and playing football".

Isn't it weird the Redskins are 7-7 with 20 guys on IR and most or 2nd most man games missed due to injury...but I lack that optimism. that's what not being sure about your QB can do

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Slightest bit of optimism? Because I said that the 49ers arent as good as the last year they won the Super Bowl a quarter century ago?

Ok.

And yeah, Warner was calling plays essentially all season, as Foster was suspended. But Foster was the MIKE linebacker when he was out there, whether or not he called plays or not is not the point, at the end of the day Warner is a better inside linebacker, and maybe just a better player overall. I was only pointing out how lucky we are to have hit on a guy like Warner where we got him, given the colossal disappointment Foster turned out to be.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No question Big Ben is a great QB, but he has also had the pleasure of an all star cast around him at the skill positions since pretty much day 1
This is usually how it works though.

Montana/Young had some pretty decent guys around them. Would Steve Young ever made the HoF staying on the awful Tampa team he was drafted to? We likely dont even remember his career if he had stayed put. He was 3-16 as a starter in his two seasons in Tampa and likely his career fizzles out into obscurity if the 49ers hadnt gotten him.

You could also point to loads of talent around other HoF guys such as Aikman, Bradshaw, Jim Kelly, etc etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Then you have the second tier teams , Pats, Steelers, Colts, Texans, Ravens.

Ahhhh, this thread needs this statement reposted.

iu

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently Chris Long made a shrine to Nick Foles, complete with Jesus candles and signed copies of pictures and books lmfao

i.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The really important discussion is simple - will Gurley play this week??

I think he needs to play. The Rams still have a lot to play for and I'm sure Gurley wants to hit those incentives to maximize getting paid.

Oh, and this has nothing to do with me having Gurley on my fantasy team in our league's championship. I'm only thinking about his best interests. Yeah!

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda sounds like he won't, as of yesterday he hadn't even tried running yet this week. Even if he does, will he even be effective?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Rams are not great with out Gurley. If he doesn't come back im not confident they keep the 2 seed.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
impressive drive by the Redskins. Johnson looks calm and competent.