NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gotta like Barkley, to bad he is on such a shit team.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Years ago, Walter Payton had to start a game as the QB for the Bears due to QB injuries, and he pretty much just ran the ball almost every time. The Giants at this point should just let Saquon do the same. It can't get much worse with Eli chucking it back there.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I had no clue until tonight that the Giants wanted Justin Herbert so badly...I'm not sure the 2011 Colts could have found a way to lose to this team.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm still not sure the Bears are legit. Their three wins are Seattle, Arizona and Tampa Bay. Defense is real but I think their offense is going to let them down.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Agreed. I'm getting flashbacks from 2006 but am hopeful Trubisky can string along some quality starts and the TB game wasn't just an anomaly. If that's the case, I think this can be an 11 win team.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
As a Bears fan, it is so nice to actually look forward to Sunday's. Haven't felt like this in many a year.

You should be. I used to be optimistic on Gase as a playcaller but I've soured on him this year. He's going to call passing plays that require Tannehill to sit in the pocket for 2 seconds even though we have a backup center, RG, and our LT left last week's game with a concussion.

Our O-line is in shambles and he has refused to change playcalling based on the talent he has available. No QB rollouts, few running plays, etc.

I would not be surprised at all if Chicago gets 6-8 sacks this weekend.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm supremely nervous for this weekend. Pitt-Cincy games are always the worst. 5+ injuries, 200 yards worth of personal fouls, inevitable Bengal heartbreak. Then I get to look forward to getting crushed by the Chiefs on SNF the following week. This is when the optimism comes crashing down!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
DpQGVIuVsAARz6H.jpeg

NFL might be losing viewers, but they're still not exactly hurting.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know it's fun to make fun of Itlan, but wasn't there a lot of people thinking Barkley would be a total bust? Since Eli sucks and OBJ can't get the ball enough, Barkley is basically their entire offense.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The Dallas Cowboys are so non-offensive that Taylor Swift has endorsed them.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I know it's fun to make fun of Itlan, but wasn't there a lot of people thinking Barkley would be a total bust? Since Eli sucks and OBJ can't get the ball enough, Barkley is basically their entire offense.

Barkley being a stud was really never the issue. I think most people thought he was very talented -- I think the most people talked poorly about him was just the idea that hardly anyone is a guaranteed lock.

It's more about Eli being on his last legs (and now you can see it's really his last legs) and them needing a QB far more than they needed an RB. And it's way more cost effective to build a team around a rookie contract QB than a rookie contract RB.

And even with Barkley's ability, he still has dozens of runs that go for less than a yard because the offensive line and the passing game sucks. So, they drafted a guy as if they thought they had a chance to compete when they don't and they don't even have the players around him to maximize his ability.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To be honest, I think they need a better O line before they draft a young QB to take over. A lot of Barkley's yards come from individual monster runs he breaks, because he doesn't get the blocking he could get and has to create his own space...as you noted, as well. In this case, if they didn't like the other QB's (or they actually thought Eli had gas left in the tank)...probably better to take the talent at RB rather than get a young QB killed behind that O line.