NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Calling it,

Buffalo takes the afc east this year, pats just make the wildcard game which they lose to KC.

So which two division winners out of Buffalo/AFC North/AFC South are ending up with a better record then KC then (or all 3 if we're saying Pats go in as #5 seed)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Calling it,

Buffalo takes the afc east this year, pats just make the wildcard game which they lose to KC.
giphy (1).gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Calling it,

Bills have a pretty tough schedule.

I do think Darnold for the Jets is going to probably be the real deal though.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Zeke who?

I fully admit I was wrong on this guy when Dallas drafted him. I thought it would be another disaster of a gamble pick. Guy has turned into an All-Pro caliber linebacker is one half of the best linebacker duo in the league.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Even though I hate the Cowboys, I am really glad to see Smith was able to recover from that injury. Being a ND fan I was super bummed for the guy when he hurt his knee in his last college game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Yeah story like Smith's it's hard not to at least somewhat root for the guy even if he's a Cowboy.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Not sure if we are in early predictions or not, but does anyone have a serious chance to derail the Evil Empire? Lets face it, their own division is an easy gift wrapped home field advantage and none of the likely playoff contenders from the AFC can beat them at home in playoffs. That means its NFC teams in the SB are the only real obstacle. Rams flopped and who knows if their RB recovers. Whatever wounded duck from the North gets in the playoffs is just going to get murdered in the Championship round (and I am a GB fan saying this) after an erratic year. None of the NFC Least Teams are taken seriously by ANYONE. People are all hyped about the Saints, but LOL yeah unless another hurricane gives them the sympathy boost I think its going to be the Falcons going one and done as usual.

My early prediction, the next SB will be the same two teams and even more lopsided.

I would take the Pats over any other AFC team getting to the SB right now. It'll be the same old story though: Pats start out slow, lose a couple of early games. The media and everyone will be like, "Is this the end for New England!?"

Of course by season's end most other teams adopt one system, throw in a few wrinkles, and will ride that as far as they can. Belichick coaches his players to understand the game, drills them in practice and film study for each opponents' approach, and by the time the playoffs start nothing is going to surprise them. It doesn't matter who the opponent is; at some point in the season NE has practiced and played against whatever scheme you're running, or something very similar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I still gotta look at the Chiefs as the only team with a real shot (assuming no crazy injuries for the Pats, etc). We'll see how a lack of Gronk changes how teams defend them in the passing game...but as far as other contenders, Chargers looked good last year but got wrecked by the Pats in the playoffs and with Derwin James injury and Gordon holdout they got enough stuff going on to hurt them.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I refuse to believe any team coached by Andy Reid will ever get past humilation in a conference championship game. He is the modern day Marty Schottenheimer, who ironically coached the Chiefs for a while himself. Though at least Reid takes his team to the championship game before shitting the bed....

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I refuse to believe any team coached by Andy Reid will ever get past humilation in a conference championship game. He is the modern day Marty Schottenheimer, who ironically coached the Chiefs for a while himself. Though at least Reid takes his team to the championship game before shitting the bed....

If the NFL was a buffet, we’d have more rings than the Steelers and Patriots combined.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Superbowl or bust!

"Got Lucky".... no, they play in the worst division in football. That's not luck, that's decades of systemic incompetence by their division foes. Not the Patriot's fault, but absolutely a large reason why they get such a good start to every post-season.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I would take the Pats over any other AFC team getting to the SB right now. It'll be the same old story though: Pats start out slow, lose a couple of early games. The media and everyone will be like, "Is this the end for New England!?"

Of course by season's end most other teams adopt one system, throw in a few wrinkles, and will ride that as far as they can. Belichick coaches his players to understand the game, drills them in practice and film study for each opponents' approach, and by the time the playoffs start nothing is going to surprise them. It doesn't matter who the opponent is; at some point in the season NE has practiced and played against whatever scheme you're running, or something very similar.

Bro, look at the Pats first 7 games. They start 7-0, 6-1 at worst. Their final 3 games are a fucking joke. Even if they go 3-3 in the middle, they are 12-4, playing a joke at home in the divisional round and then hosting the AFC a championship. See ya in Miami.

Wish people had more sympathy for Pats fans, we haven’t had an exciting regular season in a decade. You guys get to enjoy pre season and then the regular season, I’m so jealous.

• 1Picard

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
"Got Lucky".... no, they play in the worst division in football. That's not luck, that's decades of systemic incompetence by their division foes. Not the Patriot's fault, but absolutely a large reason why they get such a good start to every post-season.

I mean, plus the greatest QB and coach of all time.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I mean, plus the greatest QB and coach of all time.
They only play 2 competitive games each year (sometimes only 1). They are basically into their 2nd full season of competitive football. Hardly greatest of all time contenders.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I still gotta look at the Chiefs as the only team with a real shot (assuming no crazy injuries for the Pats, etc). We'll see how a lack of Gronk changes how teams defend them in the passing game...but as far as other contenders, Chargers looked good last year but got wrecked by the Pats in the playoffs and with Derwin James injury and Gordon holdout they got enough stuff going on to hurt them.
James is a huge loss. Gordon will hurt too. We are having issues with the offensive line again as well. I am way more concerned by that then the other 2 issues. We should be a contender again but if the line is really bad we might not even make the playoffs.