NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Yup, the old story tho. It's a QB driven league. Everyone is desperate?

I still think it might be ez, but not entirely true. Get good targets, a decent front, some smart rb's, even an avg qb can get you some scorez and some wins.

But that is the hard way. For a long time now, the ez way is to cross fingers you find a space alien QB who sees everything in bullet time.

Speaking of space aliens, I am wondering what shall become of Tom Brady now that Gronk is gone. He was an amazing TE. Dominating.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Bro, look at the Pats first 7 games. They start 7-0, 6-1 at worst. Their final 3 games are a fucking joke. Even if they go 3-3 in the middle, they are 12-4, playing a joke at home in the divisional round and then hosting the AFC a championship. See ya in Miami.

Wish people had more sympathy for Pats fans, we haven’t had an exciting regular season in a decade. You guys get to enjoy pre season and then the regular season, I’m so jealous.

They usually start like 1-3 so all the media can spaz out and ask "is this the end of an era?!?" then they finish with 12 wins and win a Super Bowl.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That fuck isn't even worth half that. They better let him walk.

If you look at QB salaries for 2019, he should be coming in at around 25 million. Foles, Manning, Flacco are at 22 million or so on older contracts. New contract demands at least that. 5 million more than that is crazy considering you can sign ancillary players with that. Zeke's money? etc. That's why you don't give him 30 million. You kill your ability to handle an injury.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the patriots have taken a few games recently to get into the swing- i think changes to the preseason "style" of practice forces them to not be as advanced "professionally" in the early season, plus they have to see if in REAL game situations what they planned for...is working (plus injuries etc) past 5 years first 4 games and final "result"

2018 - 2-2 Won SB
2017 - 2-2 Lost SB
2016 - 3-1 (no brady those games) won SB
2015 - 4-0 - lost to denver in the AFC title game
2014 3-1 Won SB

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Jim Murray of radio station 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston tweeted that, according to a source, "Patrick Chung’s home in Meredith had an alarm tripped for a B&E. Police show up to check on the home, have probable cause to enter the home, and ultimately end up finding cocaine, leading to the investigation and indictment."

whoopsie

• 2Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
On the subject of expectations, I expect the Bengals to be last place in the AFCN. There's a chance they finish above the Ravens. The biggest question mark to me is the Steelers and how they handle the loss of Brown. I'm still excited for football season, but it's hard to get too amped when you know the team is likely to be a basement dweller.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
On the subject of expectations, I expect the Bengals to be last place in the AFCN. There's a chance they finish above the Ravens. The biggest question mark to me is the Steelers and how they handle the loss of Brown. I'm still excited for football season, but it's hard to get too amped when you know the team is likely to be a basement dweller.
Tank for Tua!!!

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I don't see any chance they finish above the Ravens

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

If you look at QB salaries for 2019, he should be coming in at around 25 million. Foles, Manning, Flacco are at 22 million or so on older contracts. New contract demands at least that. 5 million more than that is crazy considering you can sign ancillary players with that. Zeke's money? etc. That's why you don't give him 30 million. You kill your ability to handle an injury.

Foles' deal is new, btw.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't see any chance they finish above the Ravens

I only say that because maybe this new coach is good. I still don't believe that Lewis won't be the head coach. He's been the HC of the Bengals for literally over half my life.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Figure if they are willing to go that high for a RB, Dak can sit back and wait for highest paid QB and then some.

Merrith

Figure if they are willing to go that high for a RB, Dak can sit back and wait for highest paid QB and then some.

Only difference being Zeke is actually an elite RB in the league. Dak at his best you could maybe say is a top 10 QB. Dak at his normal is a top 15 QB.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

2 year rushing champion. Yeah, he might be an ok RB.....

Fadaar

That guy

It's a race to the bottom between them and the Dolphins

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of expectations: anything less than a Superbowl victory for the Chiefs will be a disappointment.

• 1Like