NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Just a thought, but comparing Baker to Manziel is just ludicrous.

I say that for huge reason: Baker can actually play pro football. Manziel had zero pocket awareness, terrible footwork, and I doiubt he even knew the playbook that well.

As to Baker getting hit, you know that every defense in the country wants to lay him out on his back. The Browns' offensive line needs work, but hopefully coaching will take pains to make sure Baker is not caught in a meatgrinder offense. In fact, it is something I am really going to be watching for. If the coaches let Baker get smashed too much, fire them asap.

This Browns fan is TIRED OF STUPID COACHING!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Not really a Colts fan, but that shit is pretty wild. They finally put a half decent line together and he's just so broke down at this point he's done. Damn.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
And also, wtf with Luck?? How do you decide that a couple weeks before the season starts that you are just too tired to do it this year?

Bad form. Man, Colts fans should be super pissed. It just is not cool. At least blow out a knee or break a bone, loser.

• 2Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm honestly not surprised. He got so beat up his first 3-4 years b/c of the nickel & dime o-line he always had. Makes you wonder how many good QB's like Luck or Archie Manning whose careers were wasted.

I still remember Tim Couch being drafted by the Browns and you just knew he was done for.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm honestly not surprised. He got so beat up his first 3-4 years b/c of the nickel & dime o-line he always had. Makes you wonder how many good QB's like Luck or Archie Manning whose careers were wasted.

I still remember Tim Couch being drafted by the Browns and you just knew he was done for.
David Carr might be the the stand out example, dude had no chance.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Noted sack of potatoes Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked 9 million times and he’s still going strong!

lol sack of potatoes. Nice decription. But Ben is a *big* player.

And not to be overly negative, but I suspect this year he is gonna have a real hard time. Clock is ticking on him, and the Squeelers ain't all that great.

OK, let me just be honest. I am looking forward to the Browns' defense owning his ass.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Also as much as Big Rapist has been sacked it wasn't anywhere close to the rate Carr was getting sacked in Houston.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If only someone could have predicted he might never be the same again. He had serious injuries he clearly never fully recovered from.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And also, wtf with Luck?? How do you decide that a couple weeks before the season starts that you are just too tired to do it this year?

Bad form. Man, Colts fans should be super pissed. It just is not cool. At least blow out a knee or break a bone, loser.

He did get injured again in camp... He didn't play in the preseason because of injury. He was going to miss regular season weeks, too.

• 1Like
I hear ya DT, but still, making the decision this close to the season is not cool. I know he was injury plagued, but lots of players start seasons with an injury that postpones when they can join in.

It is just bad form. After all, the scoop is internally this was known to be on his mind for several weeks.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Guys, guys guys. Luck wanted to play for his dad in the XFL and this was the only way to do it. Gotta admire his pluck and determination.

• 1Worf

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Get injured snowboarding
Retire at 29
Collect guaranteed $25mm after retirement

Smart play Andrew

Sucks for Colt fans, they could have gone deep this year, looks like $25mm dead cap for this year at least

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hear ya DT, but still, making the decision this close to the season is not cool.

It's his life, his body, and his health. I sure as shit wouldn't want to spend the rest of my days stumbling punch-drunk and half-blind like Dennis Quaid in Any Given Sunday.

For which he has been handsomely paid.

You get paid, you fight.
38txj5.jpg

• 2Picard

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I'm angry drunk, but this has me super salty.

It would be one thing if he couldn't play, but the major injury is an ankle sprain?

Way to fuck over the team, when they have no options this late other than pick up a cast off and have him learn the playbook. (Jake Brisket has been acceptable, but does not seem like a franchise guy.)

Way to fuck over the fans that have bought tickets already for this season.

Way to fuck over the team again on the cap front. I _believe_ the team could make him repay the prorated portion of the signing bonus he won't be there for, but this leaves them with less options for the base salary.

Again, if it is debilitating the day after the season ends, sure. Nagging just before the season starts, fuck you. This might actually be worse than Vontae Davis give the discrepancy in pay / importance.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users