NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a thought, but comparing Baker to Manziel is just ludicrous.

I say that for huge reason: Baker can actually play pro football. Manziel had zero pocket awareness, terrible footwork, and I doiubt he even knew the playbook that well.

This guy had a really good film analysis on Manziel which pretty much says that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Manziel was on a team with a bunch of NFL lineman, could hold the ball forever and then throw a jump ball to Evans, a pro bowl WR. Turns out that doesn't happen in the NFL.

• 1Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Luck is a beta cuck dickweed. Way to fuck the team over. I bet his former teammates would like a word with him. What a pussy.
How the fuck do you get tired, when you're only been in NFL for 6 years, out of which 1 you didn't even fucking play. And you're supposedly a passing qb, who sits in a pocket all day.

also

Last edited:
  • 2Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure he always has had pain in his throwing arm/shoulder since that injury. Its been an issue every year since.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Luck is a beta cuck dickweed. Way to fuck the team over. I bet his former teammates would like a word with him. What a pussy.
How the fuck do you get tired, when you're only been in NFL for 6 years, out of which 1 you didn't even fucking play. And you're supposedly a passing qb, who sits in a pocket all day.

also

It will be about the pain.

You clearly never played ANY sort of full contact football have you? The shit hurts even in fuckin Pop Warner. I only played up to college and every morning my knee feels like it will shatter even after surgery! Never mind the level of football these guys are playing.

I say good for him. Go enjoy your life.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
It will be about the pain.

You clearly never played ANY sort of full contact football have you? The shit hurts even in fuckin Pop Warner. I only played up to college and every morning my knee feel like it will shatter even after surgery! Never mind the level of football these guys are playing.

I say good for him. Go enjoy your life.

I do not have a problem of him retiring. Nor do I have a problem with the reasons he cited. But god damn, the timing is just idiotic at best. Like he didn't know after last season that his body was done. He must have known. What was he waiting for? Especially if it hurt so bad. That it would magically get better? That way he would have least given the team some time to adjust. Even if he had said he's retiring after first pre-season game, fans would have accepted it better than they did now.

• 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
Timing is unfortunate for the team certainly, but maybe it took practicing etc for him to realize it was just too much anymore.

• 2Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
The ankle injury probably was the last straw. Maybe he wasn't even thinking about it until recently. If he isn't mentally invested in playing, its best for him and the team to walk away. Giving a half assed effort and being mentally checked out for a season is worse than just leaving now.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I do not have a problem of him retiring. Nor do I have a problem with the reasons he cited. But god damn, the timing is just idiotic at best. Like he didn't know after last season that his body was done. He must have known. What was he waiting for? Especially if it hurt so bad. That it would magically get better? That way he would have least given the team some time to adjust. Even if he had said he's retiring after first pre-season game, fans would have accepted it better than they did now.

Timing is all fucked up I agree. Aaaand he fucked them hard by not giving them a heads up in the off season. I assume he was waiting to see if he actually could play? Did he actually throw passes this pre-season?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'd have a lot more sympathy if not for the timing. He dicked over everyone the least bit related to the Colts. A few weeks before the season starts? What a fucking dickhead thing to do. I don't want to hear the injury bullshit. Every other players deals with injury too especially the guys that get hit on all game. RBs, OL, DL, LBs, WRs. He's had all offseason sitting on his ass to make this decision. He doesn't even affect my team too much but damn do I hate giving Brady more props. Fucking Brady does anything to maintain his ability to play the game he loves. This dickhead couldn't even be bothered to tell anyone he didn't feel like it anymore. And yes, I played football and had a major injury. I didn't suddenly decide my scars were too deep. Fucking pussy.

• 2Picard

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Coming to the conclusion he needed to retire now and not wait sucks for the team, but he did what was in his best interest and the Colts. He could have sat on injured reserve and not played but still earn his full salary this year.

Rumors are even surfacing that the Colts new and were trying to convince him to not retire since May. They aren't even going after his bonus money, you think they came up with that answer last night?

EDIT what we need right now is no more Booger and more Luck on Monday Nights

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lamar Miller ACL. Good they traded for Duke Johnson I guess? Maybe they inquire about Melvin Gordon though

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can understand being pissed about it but I seriously doubt he sat around thinking up the best way to fuck the Colts he could.

• 2Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Coming to the conclusion he needed to retire now and not wait sucks for the team, but he did what was in his best interest and the Colts. He could have sat on injured reserve and not played but still earn his full salary this year.

Rumors are even surfacing that the Colts new and were trying to convince him to not retire since May. They aren't even going after his bonus money, you think they came up with that answer last night?

EDIT what we need right now is no more Booger and more Luck on Monday Nights
The timing was actually good for the owner tho, he retires in the spring and those ticket sales look wayyy worse.

• 1Like