NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I would argue that Jerome Bettis was the best RB in the league during his time. I don’t need rushing yards to tell me that. We don’t punish guys for playing when Barry Sanders did. The same way we don’t punish Rothlisberger for playing in the AFC during Brady and Manning’s reign. Andre Reed is a great example of a guy who wasn’t the best at his position, but because of his incredible post season success gets in. Rivers had neither, thus not a hall of famer.

That is why I put the stipulation of playing in a Super Bowl in my statement.

Regardless, Romo, Stafford, Rivers, and Eli are not hall of famers.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would argue that Jerome Bettis was the best RB in the league during his time. I don’t need rushing yards to tell me that. We don’t punish guys for playing when Barry Sanders did. The same way we don’t punish Rothlisberger for playing in the AFC during Brady and Manning’s reign. Andre Reed is a great example of a guy who wasn’t the best at his position, but because of his incredible post season success gets in. Rivers had neither, thus not a hall of famer.

Eli is a hall of famer unfortunately. And I hope they put 18-1 on his gold jacket.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

You'd be wrong about Bettis. It's not just the rushing yards, he only broke double digit TD's twice, his yards per carry were under 4.0 in 9 of his 13 years playing. Bus was just decent to very good overall numbers for a fairly lengthy career at RB. Wasn't just Sanders that was far better during that time, Smith as well for pretty much Bettis' entire time in the league. Other guys took over towards the end of Bettis' career, but frankly he was really only relevant as a "top back" in '96 and '97. Rest of his career he was basically just decent to pretty good, nowhere near the top of the heap.

Also your playing in a Super Bowl stipulation was tagged with being a QB and playing in one, not any position (essentially your argument against Rivers).

Be the best at your position, and at the very least as a quarterback make it to a Super Bowl, just play in one.

Ben frankly fit into that elite category as a passer far more years than Bettis did as RB. Not just as far as leading a single season, but hitting marks like 5k+ passing yards in a year, and having two seasons in the top 15 passing yard single seasons of all time.

Bettis and Reed are both great examples of players who were never the best at their position, but had extremely long (for their positions) and productive careers mostly throughout. Thus, Hall of Fame worthy.

I actually agree with you about Romo and Stafford, although I think Romo would have a more of a case if his career had been a little longer. Stafford might eventually get there through sheer numbers but probably would have to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING in the postseason first.

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
As I’ve said, you don’t punish Bettis for playing during Barry Sanders career. His ‘97 season is a hall of fame season.

What low IQ posters do is use today’s stats and compare them to games in the 90’s, I understand a lot of you aren’t students of the game like I am, but it was a different time back then.

You’ll just have to concede that Rivers, Eli, Flacco, Stafford, and Romo are not Hall of famers. Facts not opinions.

Merrith

As I’ve said, you don’t punish Bettis for playing during Barry Sanders career. His ‘97 season is a hall of fame season.

What low IQ posters do is use today’s stats and compare them to games in the 90’s, I understand a lot of you aren’t students of the game like I am, but it was a different time back then.

You’ll just have to concede that Rivers, Eli, Flacco, Stafford, and Romo are not Hall of famers. Facts not opinions.

No the smart people compare his stats to his contemporaries when claiming he was the best during his career. It wasn't just Sanders either. Smith, Davis, George, Faulk. Shit Uber, at least pretend to know a little bit when you claim to be a student of the game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Claiming Eli won't get in with 2 super bowl wins is stupid.

• 1Like

Merrith

Also I don't remember anyone supporting Flacco as a HoF member. Aside from some super homer Ravens fans I can't imagine anyone suggesting him.

• 1Truth!

Sterling

El Presidente
Also you list a bunch of dudes that are worse than Rivers. Rivers is better than all those dudes and Romo would have needed a few more seasons to be in any kind of serious HoF discussion.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Uber getting his ass handed to him worse than Brady by the Ravens defense.

Facts, not opinions

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck the Seahawks and their fans! But this shit is pretty funny

1573345803318.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Speaking of low iq posters look in the mirror. You compare Bettis to his contemporaries but won't do the same with Rivers and Eli who are both playing against the greatest sports dynasty in history? The greatest QB and Coach which dominate all teams almost every year. If the Patriots were not here there would be a lot more Superbowls going around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Why do you guys argue with Uber? He's a fucking grade A troll.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Why do you guys argue with Uber? He's a fucking grade A troll.

I think he trolls with the super over the top "Pats only in pre-season stuff". When he actually tries to sound like he knows something we're just being nice calling it trolling.

• 1Truth!

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Also you list a bunch of dudes that are worse than Rivers. Rivers is better than all those dudes and Romo would have needed a few more seasons to be in any kind of serious HoF discussion.

So we agree, none of them are hall of famers. I know it’s tough to be wrong but you guys just are. Stafford won’t be a hall of famer and he will have a career that dwarfs Rivers. He might even play in a super bowl.

These are just the facts, these guys are not in the Hall of fame, you guys can keep posting your opinions, but facts will always win.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
They'll end up in the HoF but aren't HoF caliber players

So now the NFL hall of fame will be the MLB hall of fame. I agree it’ll probably end up that way, I just don’t agree with it like some of the lower IQ posters desire it to be.

Merrith

Stafford won’t be a hall of famer and he will have a career that dwarfs Rivers.

About the only thing Stafford is likely to dwarf Rivers in is passing yards...and that would likely only be by virtue of dwarfing maybe everyone by an even greater margin in passing attempts (Luck's attempts rate still slightly ahead of Stafford, who is #2).

Although I will say Stafford has actually become a much better QB the last couple years (minus last year).

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He is literally a caricature of a pompous fan with infinite wisdom. Opinions, not facts.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I guess we’re just lucky Stafford didn’t get to play with LT. Stafford might have made it to a super bowl with him.