NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess we’re just lucky Stafford didn’t get to play with LT. Stafford might have made it to a super bowl with him.

Or Rivers with Megatron? But seriously, while I agree Rivers should probably have some more overall success than he does, it's pretty clear he's also had some very bad breaks come playoff times, most of which had nothing to do with him being a very good to great QB.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Great quarterbacks don’t need excuses, they don’t leave an AFC divisional round game at home in the hands of a kicker 53 yards away.

But those are just facts, continue on with your opinion.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Rivers gets in, Stafford gets in, Eli gets in, Ryan gets in. This is the argument the low IQ posters are making.

Merrith

Great quarterbacks don’t need excuses, they don’t leave an AFC divisional round game at home in the hands of a kicker 53 yards away.

But those are just facts, continue on with your opinion.

Ignores defender fumbling away a pick Brady threw to gift new set of down. Facts, classic Uber.

Sterling

El Presidente
Rivers gets in, Stafford gets in, Eli gets in, Ryan gets in. This is the argument the low IQ posters are making.
My argument this whole time is Rivers gets in and none of those others should. You're the one that keeps bringing up all these other players. Rivers has a much better record overall than Stafford and Eli, has better stats than Eli by a mile and Eli's entire claim is 2 fluky playoff runs that were largely based on his defense and running game.

• 1Like

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Matt Ryan checks off all of the boxes you've laid out (played in a super bowl, was the best at his position for at least one season). And unless he retires earlier than expected, always a possibility, hes going to be right next to Stafford pushing for whatever records Brady and Brees leave behind.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Also I don't remember anyone supporting Flacco as a HoF member. Aside from some super homer Ravens fans I can't imagine anyone suggesting him.

I am a huge Ravens fan and I wouldn't support Flacco for the JV squad. If you take away the four-game stretch in one of the best playoff runs ever (granted), the man was the definition of mediocrity.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
That play didn’t win the Pats the game. The pats scored a TD and tied the game, and then Rivers went 3 and out, because he’s an average qb that plays horrible in big games. Brady then took the ball and drove down for a game winning chip shot. Rivers drove down for a 53 yarder.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Matt Ryan checks off all of the boxes you've laid out (played in a super bowl, was the best at his position for at least one season). And unless he retires earlier than expected, always a possibility, hes going to be right next to Stafford pushing for whatever records Brady and Brees leave behind.

Matt Ryan has never been the best at his position. Even in his mvp season, all knowledgeable NFL fans recognized Rodgers as having a better year. You’re right, he belongs right next to Matt Stafford.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Matt Ryan was absolutely the best QB of the 2016 season, even when stacked up against Aaron Rodgers. If you wanted to instead argue that Brady was the best QB that season, if you were to extrapolate out for the 4 suspension games, I would be more willing to accept that and it would circle us back to your argument that you won't punish Jerome Bettis for playing at the same time as Barry Sanders.

• 1Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
But I don’t want to argue that, because I’m smarter than you. The fact is Rodgers was amazing that season, his best season in a hall of fame career.

But you have your opinion, which is fine. It’s just wrong.

Keep telling me Eli, Rivers, Ryan, and Stafford belong in the hall of fame. You are still wrong.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So Josh Gordon has exited the injury report, will be interesting how he does on Monday.

Merrith

Rodgers may have been equally worth of MVP in 2016, but Ryan deserved it. Rodgers had 2 more TD's (they both had only 7 Int), but Ryan had superior yards, completion %, and an insane 9.3 yards/attempt over a full season.

• 1Like

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
But I don’t want to argue that, because I’m smarter than you. The fact is Rodgers was amazing that season, his best season in a hall of fame career.

But you have your opinion, which is fine. It’s just wrong.

Keep telling me Eli, Rivers, Ryan, and Stafford belong in the hall of fame. You are still wrong.

Not even Rodgers' best season, which would be his 2011 MVP season.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Sometimes he looks like peak Peyton Manning but other times completely pedestrian. He's Peyton without the consistent high level performance, barring Peyton's noodle armed last year or two.

• 1Picard

Merrith

Sometimes he looks like peak Peyton Manning but other times completely pedestrian. He's Peyton without the consistent high level performance, barring Peyton's noodle armed last year or two.

I feel like 2011-2014 was pretty insane elite, aside from being hurt for about half of 2013. Then he was great in 2016 again, but missed a lot of time in 2017 with the collarbone, and played hurt all last year with whatever he had. This year looking on pace for one of his better efficiency seasons, though TD passes a little low for peak Rodgers (although having Davante Adams hurt for a bit and basically just a bunch of guys behind him doesn't help).

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now Rogers is over rated? lol

I dont like the guy but he is deserving of the praise he gets. His talent and field intelligence are off the charts. Only 1 super bowl but fuck it he has that one. If you win just one SB it is still a huge accomplishment and immediately validates everything else you have done (see Elway, John, who went out with 2, or Brett Favre)