NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He wasn't swinging the correct end of the helmet to properly brain Rudolph. If he'd swung the crown of the helmet at him I guarantee Garrett would be in cuffs right now.

He should already be in cuffs regardless of the end of the helmet used.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rudolph started it. Tried to pull Garrets helmet off. Garret succeeded in pulling off Rudolphs'. Rudolph is pissed the fuck off and keeps coming at Garret even after his team mates pull Garret off him AND stepping between the two. Garret goes full retard and hits Rudolph with his own helmet. Both out rest of season is what I would hope for.

Garrett started it by bear hugging him to the ground and refusing to let go/get off in a reasonable time frame...if we're going to blame the smallest little shit for "starting" it all. At first Rudolph was just trying to get him off. If Garrett just lets go once on the ground and gets up it's a complete nothing burger. Even after all the stage 1 shit the rest didn't flare up until after he swung the helmet.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Garrett started it by bear hugging him to the ground and refusing to let go/get off in a reasonable time frame...if we're going to blame the smallest little shit for "starting" it all. At first Rudolph was just trying to get him off. If Garrett just lets go once on the ground and gets up it's a complete nothing burger. Even after all the stage 1 shit the rest didn't flare up until after he swung the helmet.

Where that linked video starts you just see Rudolph trying to pull off the helmet. Garret couldn't get off. Looked like he's trying...

You can't discount the stage 1 shit though. If you start and instigate the fight, you are just as guilty, even though you got a black eye. My kids fight? They all got punished.

• 4Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where that linked video starts you just see Rudolph trying to pull off the helmet. Garret couldn't get off. Looked like he's trying...

You can't discount the stage 1 shit though. If you start and instigate the fight, you are just as guilty, even though you got a black eye. My kids fight? They all got punished.

That isn't how the NFL works and you know it, so where are you going with this?

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lets go with a happy gilmore metaphor here. Imagine rudolph tries and fails to pull off garrets skate...at which ppint garret repsonds by pulling off rudolphs skate...and then cutting him with it. The weapon doesnt matter. This is a massive escalation of force with a weapon. Literally if this was a criminal case you might say one party engaged in theft(helmet taking) and the other party committed assault with a deadly weapon.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
At first Rudolph was just trying to get him off.

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Guy deserves nothing less than a full season suspension.

Pouncey deserves a season suspension too. Stands up and kicks the browns guy in the head after they take him to the ground.

Edit: Also, good luck arguing that a football helmet is a deadly weapon while keeping that from having any impact on the sport in general.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
lol Garrett must be roided up af.

Fucking dumbass is going to be watching the rest of this season from the sideline.

Exactly. You think we want our best players potentially blowing out a knee or something this season? This season is done for us.

All according to plan. Now Miles can get even more deadly for next season.

Lesson?

3gfc2g.jpg

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What a shitshow.

Hold the fuck on guys.

Let’s listen to what OJ has to say.

/em OJ defends Garrett

Last edited:

Ome

Molten Core Raider
As a Raider fan Garrett better be watching games with Burfict for the rest of the year at the very least.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Garrett has to be suspended for remainder of season. Not only for his sake, but for the NFLs. They cant have that, they have set a precedent with something so egregious.

Maybe he will come back a better player/person.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I agree with most of yours as well, though I read a lot of articles from guys who watched closely his last season in San Fran that said he had showed considerable improvement in his ability to be more than a single read passer, and really suffered greatly from poor receivers that year. I agree he had a ton of weapons early in his career and a good defense for the most part (although like I noted, the D didn't do a lot of favors in the playoffs and he and the offense had to do a good bit of heavy lifting then...but I mean, better opponents so to be expected to a degree), but when that team exploded or imploded, however people want to define it, it went to shit really fast.

Frankly that team was so bad both him and Gabbert left town after that year, although Gabbert won an extra game or two, Kaep looked far more efficient by the numbers overall. Just hard to do much (either of them) when your D was giving up 30 points a game and their lead wideouts were nobodies. It's actually pretty crazy the turnover since that 2016 seasons in San Fran and you have to give Lynch and Shanahan a lot of credit for rebuilding the team on both sides of the ball so much the last 2+ years. Pisses me off to no end knowing Kittle was a 5th round pick while we're still paying forever hurt Jordan Reed like $10M a year.

I don't think there were "a lot of articles" about Kaep's improvement. There was one article where a guy showed like 3 plays from the season where Kaep went to his second read and then declared it proof that he was a good quarterback. Gabbert, who beat him out as a starter was third string at Arizona the next year and has been on 3 teams in 3 years since and no one has even thought about making him a starter, so I don't know where the outrage about that is. Gabbert can't beat out Drew Stanton or Marcus Mariota but he did beat out Kaep. Kaep was well suited to Chip Kelly's offense because he was athletic and it's a dumbed down offense based on playing fast, running the QB, and getting big plays against defenses that are out of position. It doesn't work in the NFL and neither does Kaepernick.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The extent of this could go beyond this season for Garrett, people are going to be calling for his banishment from the league level of consequences. He is seriously lucky he didn't do more damage to Rudolph with the helmet strike. Rudolph had to be pumping massive amounts of adrenaline so it's possible the hit did more than we know yet.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No place for any of it in the NFL, and he is lucky he didn't nail him with the crown of that helmet. I expect the NFL to make an example of this and I would expect a lifetime ban. This never happens again.

• 1Picard

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Also when I talk about a lifetime ban, don't forget this is already a pattern.

Week 1: Punched Titans TE Delanie Walker after whistle

Week 2: Ended Jets QB Trevor Siemian's season on late hit

Week 11: Struck Steelers QB Mason Rudolph over head with helmet

• 3Like