NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I want the Titans in the SB. One of the commentators mentioned that if they beat the Chiefs, they will be the first team that beat every conference champion on their way to the SB. I want Ryan Tannehill and his 90 yards a game to have that honor. Now that's historic, Uber.

Crazy Tannehill stat. Lamar Jackson had 59 attempts against Tennessee. Tannehill has 29 attempts through 2 playoff games so far.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Punting in that situation was 100% the wrong call last night, even with the timeouts and two minute warning, field position was really meaningless. (they were on the 36)

You had to stop them from getting two first downs or a touchdown and get the ball back with enough time to score. An unsuccessful try only changes field position unless you have a pick 6 or something.

It makes zero difference how good your defense is and punting isn't the right call even if it worked and you get the ball back.

That said, I wouldn't fire the guy over it, he's ridiculously successful overall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I feel like they would have gone for it if it wasn't 10+ yards needed for the 1st. You don't want to just hand them FG range immediately where they could get no first downs but force you to burn all your timeouts and be able to go up 8. The sack on 3rd down was really a killer.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Chiefs, 49ers, and Fudgepackers. They are technically the Triumvirate of Evil, they are missing the Pats to be the full Axis.

Nah the 49ers bandwagon fans in the 80s and 90s are what turned me off to them. They were everywhere in California. Though a lot of them became Cowboys fans in the mid to late 90s.

49ers and Packers I get. Their fans are truly awful terrible people who shouldn't be allowed to breed, but what's wrong with the Chiefs?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
49ers and Packers I get. Their fans are truly awful terrible people who shouldn't be allowed to breed, but what's wrong with the Chiefs?

I don't hate the Chiefs as much as the other 2 but they are a divisional rival and have been kicking our ass for years now.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I dunno, I think I put the ball in the hands of one of, if not the, best QB's in the league on 4th and 11 with my season on the line. 8 points or 5 points, you need a stop with enough time left on the clock to score a touchdown when you'll almost certainly have no timeouts. Then if you want you can factor in how mediocre to bad Seattles defense has been this year and I think you have to go for it. Can't deny that 3rd down sack was inexcusable though. You CANNOT take a sack in that situation.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Also, I actually think you WANT the Packers thinking FG there, maybe they don't go all out for that first down and run 3 straight times no matter what. It actually probably does change the Packers strategy from run the clock out on their side of the field.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I feel like they would have gone for it if it wasn't 10+ yards needed for the 1st. You don't want to just hand them FG range immediately where they could get no first downs but force you to burn all your timeouts and be able to go up 8. The sack on 3rd down was really a killer.

Pete said as much today on his radio show. If Russ hadn't taken the sack he and we were short yardage we go for it on 4th.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, I think I put the ball in the hands of one of, if not the, best QB's in the league on 4th and 11 with my season on the line.
This 100%. How many times have we seen the Seahawks and Wilson pull out a miracle 3rd or 4th and long?

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
giphy.gif

• 1Cutler

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Hindsight has nothing to do with this. It didn't matter if they were successful in getting the ball back or not. Thanks for playing.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
If Romo goes to Monday Night Football, Tessitore should fuck off back to NCAA and Booger should be sent to the Phantom Zone. Romo is fun to listen to and he needs someone he can have a conversation with. Nance is good but I enjoyed having Tirico on a game a while back; he seems pretty natural calling it.

Too bad John Kelly and Darren Pang only call regular season Blues games. They are my favorite play by play and color pairing.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My dream pairing is Al Michaels & Tony Romo, but Nantz & Romo is really good.

Tirico & Romo would be awesome, but I think Tirico burned some bridges at ESPN or vice versa?

• 1Like

Merrith

This 100%. How many times have we seen the Seahawks and Wilson pull out a miracle 3rd or 4th and long?

Seen him do it a lot. Not sure it's the best percentage play given where they were on the field with all 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning. Might get good field position for a potential TD drive if you force them to punt, too.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Booger should be demoted to a weekly podcast with Tony Siragusa that no one will listen to. He does not belong on national television

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users