NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if people remember how that game ended, KC was lined up to kick about a 47 yard field goal to go up 8, some sort of bad snap whatever with the holder drawing an intentional grounding to hand Titans ball at their own 40ish down 5. Titans score and successfully go for 2 to take a 3 point lead with 23 seconds left. Mahomes gets Chiefs into 52 yard FG range for final play of the game and FG gets blocked.

Credit the Titans, but some crazy shit on back to back FG's.

Definitely crazy but so was this one. While Mahomes and Co. went crazy, the Texans fucked up to get them there as well. At no point did they ever stop Kelce. He had 10 of the 23 completions from Mahomes. The Texans never tried to slow the game down and kept trying to compete with the Chiefs passing game which looked retarded during the game and sounds even more retarded now. 12 of their 21 total run plays were done before the Chiefs had scored a single point. 9 runs for the final 41 minutes of the game. Give the Chiefs credit but that was one stupid as fuck gameplan after going up 24-0.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
If there is such a thing as momentum, I think Titans have it right now. A lot.

1pSDXK8.gif

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I definitely think the niners match up better vs. the Titans. After they held Dalvin Cook to 18 yards, I think they will be able to slow down Henry as well. Maybe not 18 yards but not 180 either and I don't think Tannehill is much better than Cousins, especially vs that pass rush.

Mahomes, on the other hand, wtf do you do about him?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Definitely crazy but so was this one. While Mahomes and Co. went crazy, the Texans fucked up to get them there as well. At no point did they ever stop Kelce. He had 10 of the 23 completions from Mahomes. The Texans never tried to slow the game down and kept trying to compete with the Chiefs passing game which looked retarded during the game and sounds even more retarded now. 12 of their 21 total run plays were done before the Chiefs had scored a single point. 9 runs for the final 41 minutes of the game. Give the Chiefs credit but that was one stupid as fuck gameplan after going up 24-0.

Sorry had to edit this, was a massive text wall with way too much play by play. That does read crazy to see they only had 9 runs over the final 41 minutes of the game...a game in which they had a 24-0 lead with 11 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. But there are some nutty facts about this game and the situations that provide some context.

Over those last 11 minutes of the 2nd quarter, the Texans had 3 offensive possessions. The last one was with only 44 seconds left so they had to throw to get into FG range (which they did, but missed the FG). Between 24-0 and 24-21, they only had the ball once offensively. They ran it twice, incomplete on 3rd down, tried the fake punt (also technically a run). Because the fumbled a kickoff return that was the only offensive snaps they ran in between 3 KC TD's. The only other offensive possession they had was while up 24-21, they gained a couple first downs, had 2 runs and 2 passes in the first 4 plays leaving them 2nd and 10. A loss of 2 yards and an incomplete pass left them punting from midfield, and they pinned the Chiefs back at their own 10. Mahomes drove 90 yards anyways to give KC the lead 28-24, Texans got it back for that short 44 second drive to end the half with a missed FG.

The other 30 of those 41 minutes (aka the entire 2nd half) the Texans didn't have one offensive snap where they were down less than 10 points. I know that sounds impossible when the fact was they were up 24-0 with 41 minutes left in the game (a little under 11 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter), but it's true. By the time the Texans go the ball for the first time in the 2nd half they were down 34-24. Got the ball back down 10, had an 8 yard run nullified by illegal formation, ran it another time on 2nd down for 1 yard, and took a sack on 3rd down forcing a punt. They didn't run a single snap the rest of the way down less than 17 points.

It seems ridiculous to have a 24-0 lead with 41 minutes left in the game, and spending the entire final 30 minutes down 2 scores (and all but 3 snaps in the 2nd half down 17+ points)...but that's what happened. Between being up 24-0 and going down 41-24 they ran 14 offensive snaps (aside from the quick drive with just 44 seconds left in the 1st half). 1 got nullified by a penalty (an 8 yard run), and the rest were 6 runs and 7 passes (1 a sack). Not sure I can blame the offensive game plan there at least in the sense of abandoning the run. It's pretty easy to point at the fake punt failure and wondering why the hell not punt it and force them to go a longer field, but it might not have mattered. The very next time they punted it left KC 90 yards to go and they did that in 2 minutes. They followed that with TD drives of 85, 77, and 72 yards.

Need to fix that defensive game plan or maybe Mahomes and Reid just that the ultimate game plan which was scoring TD's on 7 straight drives.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
God damn Hawks fans are fucking idiots. A ton of them are calling for Pete to be fired after losing by 1 score in the divisional round with a team missing 3 RB, starting center, starting LG, starting DE and we had a very banged up DE and LT.

Yes we need to start better but ffs we played way above our talent level this year winning 11 games and 1 playoff game.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah most other Packer fans I know we're kind of like me and that we're pretty happy just to have made it this far given what last season was like. At least it's easy to tell the shit Hawk fans from the ones you can kind of respect. Just asked if they know who Ricky Watters is and you have your answer. And as much as I like the dog pile Sneaky Pete he didn't really make any mistakes in that game given what his roster was going into it.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The only one that i think is debatable is when he punted back to you guys with like 2:45 left. We were looking at 4th and 11. Most fans thought we should have gone for it. Under our defense of old for sure punting is the right play now I am not sure.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think the only way you can even make that argument is if the whole Texan meltdown didn't happen earlier where they basically handed over the momentum of the entire game lwith that fake punt early in the game deep in their own territory. Given the game state of the second half he made the right call there and with the Kansas City game fresh in everyone's Minds he would have rightly gotten crucified if they would have went for it and failed. Like everyone said earlier Seattle's problems began and ended with a slow start combined with no running game.

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Last time the Chiefs played the Titans, the Titans returned a fumble for a touchdown. Chiefs had 3 offensive line injuries during the actual game and I think Cam Erving was still covering for Eric Fisher. It was a weird game.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
God damn Hawks fans are fucking idiots. A ton of them are calling for Pete to be fired after losing by 1 score in the divisional round with a team missing 3 RB, starting center, starting LG, starting DE and we had a very banged up DE and LT.

Yes we need to start better but ffs we played way above our talent level this year winning 11 games and 1 playoff game.

If anything they should fire the GM for not putting some talent around Russell Wilson. Without him they are garbage.

• 1Truth!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Sorry had to edit this, was a massive text wall with way too much play by play. That does read crazy to see they only had 9 runs over the final 41 minutes of the game...a game in which they had a 24-0 lead with 11 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. But there are some nutty facts about this game and the situations that provide some context.

Over those last 11 minutes of the 2nd quarter, the Texans had 3 offensive possessions. The last one was with only 44 seconds left so they had to throw to get into FG range (which they did, but missed the FG). Between 24-0 and 24-21, they only had the ball once offensively. They ran it twice, incomplete on 3rd down, tried the fake punt (also technically a run). Because the fumbled a kickoff return that was the only offensive snaps they ran in between 3 KC TD's. The only other offensive possession they had was while up 24-21, they gained a couple first downs, had 2 runs and 2 passes in the first 4 plays leaving them 2nd and 10. A loss of 2 yards and an incomplete pass left them punting from midfield, and they pinned the Chiefs back at their own 10. Mahomes drove 90 yards anyways to give KC the lead 28-24, Texans got it back for that short 44 second drive to end the half with a missed FG.

The other 30 of those 41 minutes (aka the entire 2nd half) the Texans didn't have one offensive snap where they were down less than 10 points. I know that sounds impossible when the fact was they were up 24-0 with 41 minutes left in the game (a little under 11 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter), but it's true. By the time the Texans go the ball for the first time in the 2nd half they were down 34-24. Got the ball back down 10, had an 8 yard run nullified by illegal formation, ran it another time on 2nd down for 1 yard, and took a sack on 3rd down forcing a punt. They didn't run a single snap the rest of the way down less than 17 points.

It seems ridiculous to have a 24-0 lead with 41 minutes left in the game, and spending the entire final 30 minutes down 2 scores (and all but 3 snaps in the 2nd half down 17+ points)...but that's what happened. Between being up 24-0 and going down 41-24 they ran 14 offensive snaps (aside from the quick drive with just 44 seconds left in the 1st half). 1 got nullified by a penalty (an 8 yard run), and the rest were 6 runs and 7 passes (1 a sack). Not sure I can blame the offensive game plan there at least in the sense of abandoning the run. It's pretty easy to point at the fake punt failure and wondering why the hell not punt it and force them to go a longer field, but it might not have mattered. The very next time they punted it left KC 90 yards to go and they did that in 2 minutes. They followed that with TD drives of 85, 77, and 72 yards.

Need to fix that defensive game plan or maybe Mahomes and Reid just that the ultimate game plan which was scoring TD's on 7 straight drives.

Really good points. Definitely needed better defense but both teams were a clusterfuck the first half. KC gave Houston two easy TDs in the first but then Houston gives away 3 easy TDs in the 2nd. Three of KC''s four second quarter TDs had a combined 81 yards of movement. You just can't do that lol. I guess my point is that while KC and Mahomes are awesome, Houston had to give them a mighty helping hand to fuck themselves over.

"Do you need lube or anything before you rape my asshole? No? Ok, just whenever you're ready Mr Reid. "

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The 49ers with 47 rush attempts. Taking shit back to 1930.

Maybe 50 attempts next week.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

As a Seahawks hater, I am all for them firing Carroll!

But yeah I was scrolling through Twitter last night and the number of fans calling for his head is pretty damn funny. They have been so spoiled with winning the last 8ish years they've forgotten what it's like to have a shit team and coach.

My neighbor is a hardcore Seahawks fan and he says it happens literally every time they lose a game.

• 2Like