NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Goodell to NFL Marketing: Hey, make this next draft as over the top as possible.

NFL Marketing: You got it!

Holy hell what a spectacle the draft has become

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
1579642051867.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente

Bengals could be on the verge of a record shattering trade. The haul they could potentially get might even be to great to not do it.
Being a Dolphins fan I hope they don't go crazy with this trade. They built up a ton of draft stock and have a bunch of needs and trading too much for the first pick is just going to get Burrow killed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
googling some QBs at random, this is not a ranking

Drew Brees - 1st pick second round

Aaron Rodgers - 24th pick first round

Brett Favre - 6th pick second round

Joe Montana - 26th pick third round

Tom Brady - fucking rofl

I think the only two all time great QBs that went first pick were John Elway and Peyton Manning.

The top drafted QBs of the last few years meanwhile, were Kyler Murray (1), Baker Mayfield (1), Mitch Trubisky (2), Jared Goff (1), and Jameis Winston (1). Aside from Murray that's a list of walking disappointments.

Meanwhile Mahomes went 10th, Watson went 12th, and Jackson went 32nd.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
googling some QBs at random, this is not a ranking

Drew Brees - 1st pick second round

Aaron Rodgers - 24th pick first round

Brett Favre - 6th pick second round

Joe Montana - 26th pick third round

Tom Brady - fucking rofl

I think the only two all time great QBs that went first pick were John Elway and Peyton Manning.

The top drafted QBs of the last few years meanwhile, were Kyler Murray (1), Baker Mayfield (1), Mitch Trubisky (2), Jared Goff (1), and Jameis Winston (1). Aside from Murray that's a list of walking disappointments.

Meanwhile Mahomes went 10th, Watson went 12th, and Jackson went 32nd.

Andrew Luck was a top overall pick, fwiw. Tough to really rate his career among the all time greats, but he was very good when healthy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Andrew Luck was a top overall pick, fwiw. Tough to really rate his career among the all time greats, but he was very good when healthy.

Well he definitely was good enough that I wouldn't call him a bust, so that brings the list up to 3 worthwhile first pick QBs.

Sterling

El Presidente
There's been some successful 1st overall picks. Carson Palmer and Alex Smith had non bust careers. Go back farther and you have like Aikman, Bradshaw, Plunkett, etc too. It's just a position that there's almost no true can't miss prospects for and having the first pick usually means your team is dogshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Dude can't get out of his own way.

At first I hated AB because of what he did to the Raiders. We easily would have made the playoffs if he had been on the roster.

But honestly, I feel sorry for him now. Something is wrong with AB, he needs help. Watching this kind of talent destroy themselves is just sad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
At first I hated AB because of what he did to the Raiders. We easily would have made the playoffs if he had been on the roster.

But honestly, I feel sorry for him now. Something is wrong with AB, he needs help. Watching this kind of talent destroy themselves is just sad.
Yeah he reminds me of special ed students. A lot of them just don't mature and have the mentality of a 5th grader both emotional and intellectual.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bengals won't trade for the #1 pick unless it is absolutely ridiculous. Like four 1sts and four 2nds level of ridiculous.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Chief's got pretty lucky when they had the #1 pick. There weren't any good quarterbacks AND Eric Fischer's stock rose dramatically that week and they took him first, despite everyone saying Luke Joeckel was best offensive lineman in the draft.