NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Pats will more or less have their homefield wrapped at week 9 like Lenardo says. The real concern for them is where KC is at by then. If KC is keeping pace and does not have any serious injuries or brainfarts, then the Pats will actually be forced to do something they have not had to for years and play a complete season. That undermines their normal playoff edge, since they can usually idle the last few weeks of a season, but KC is probably dangerous enough that Darth Bill will want them in Foxborough. If KC has any sort of issue before Week 10 or so, then the Evil Empire can just kind of fuck off during their rougher weeks to avoid injury and walk away with at least 3-4 wins without even trying that hard. I mean, Ravens look good, but no rookie is going to beat the Sith Lord of New England when he has time to prepare. KC is literally the only possible obstacle to a SB return and with their defense, I think we see a repeat from last year honestly.

NFC is an open shit show, though. Cowboys look strong, both on film and paper, but I need to see them play someone with a working defense before I get on that hype train. Packers have been making due with good Defense and shitty Oline play, so until they beat someone outside the NFCN, I have a hard time getting excited about my team for the same reasons. Rams seem to be doing ok, but Gurley still looks off and beating up on a Breesless Aints team is not exactly a test. Same for the Roidhawks against a Rapelesberger free Steeler squad, yesterday. Then who knows that the deal is with the 49ers. I guess gun to my head I would say Cowboys are the best looking team in the NFC at the moment, but they also are legendary at shooting themselves in the foot in the playoffs. I think my Cowboys fan pal said it best when he stated that this feels like a year where the Cowboys go 12-4 and then lose round one to an 8-8 Packer team. I just do not have any real confidence in anyone in the NFC beyond "well they don't suck as bad as the other guys" process of elimination.

As a Packer fan, I am glad we are leading the division this early, but I know we have benefited from horribly QB play by our rivals to get there. We are destined to win this shitty division, MAYBE get one cinderella win, and then be humiliated in the NFC Divisional Round, pretty much like every other year. That's if we manage to stop Rogers from getting pounded like its Jonas Bros sleepover night at his house every game. Six sacks a game is not something he is going to survive, especially at his age.
The one thing people in Dallas are hanging onto around here to hope this year is different is that Kellen Moore appears to be more dynamic an OC than Scott Linehan. Now, that's against 2 teams that will pick in the top 10 of next year's draft and they go up agains the likely #1 selecting team next week. But just from play calling alone (Dak keepers, better route combinations, passing to run rather than running to pass) we have already seen a significant different in play calling. That's not to say the results will be any different, but it's something to keep in mind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah that's why I think the Cowpokes are the best NFC team at the moment. Well, that and they have demonstrated consistency on both sides of the ball. I think any team that faces GB is going to consider us dangerous, but its a Jekyl and Hyde show right now, especially with our O-Line and Special Teams. That's true of several front runners in the NFC right now, aside from Dallas. Also, no Brees pretty much means that Zeke can just bend that shitty defense over and have his way with it. I mean, look at that Texans game against the Aints and I think Dallas has to be licking their chops. Plus you more or less get a scrimmage this week against the Fins. I think when we blow into town might be the first real test for both teams, honestly. This assumes that Rogers has shaken off the rust by then, otherwise it will go a lot like the Redskins game did for you, but maybe lower scoring on both sides.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's weird how no one respects the 49ers this year.

They were hyped so much 2 years ago, and shit the bed. Now they put on the best performance over 2 games in 30 years and no one cares.

Hosix

All labs matter!

They were hyped so much 2 years ago, and shit the bed. Now they put on the best performance over 2 games in 30 years and no one cares.

But...you care.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Lol that's right.

Why wouldnt I? This is the best they have looked in half a decade. They also have legit star power on both offense and defense.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
San Francisco's head coach carries the majority of the blame in that Atlanta super bowl lost to the Patriots. Not a real coach, not a real team.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Which racked up more injuries and had to finish the game with a back up.

A backup coached by bill bellicheck.

checkmate. Or should I say ... bellicheckmate?

• 1Like

Jozu

Lol you should be praising Shanahan, if it weren't for him Pat's lose that game.

With that said he is still a great play caller and offensive mind. The 49ers are real, and will win 10 games. The defense is tough against the run, and they can run the ball. That's a recipe for success.

• 1Seriously?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Same reason most people are telling Ravens fans to ease on the Super Bowl talk. You beat Tampa by 2 scores when Winston threw 2 pick 6's, and your big performance was against the Bungles. See if they can continue it against better competition and people will believe more.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
NFC as a whole is a giant clusterfuck now with Brees out. I'd say they're basically eliminated from the playoffs now, but the whole division is a gigantic question mark. None of the teams look like frontrunners at all with the QB's being wildly inconsistent to downright terrible. Would not be surprised in the slightest if the division winner is 8-8. The only 2-0 NFC team to beat any 'quality' opponents, IMO, is the Packers. They've been such a shitshow as seasons have gone on in recent years I just can't trust them. Curious to see how the Rams v 49ers matchup in week 6 goes, they should both have one loss max by then.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that's why I think the Cowpokes are the best NFC team at the moment. Well, that and they have demonstrated consistency on both sides of the ball. I think any team that faces GB is going to consider us dangerous, but its a Jekyl and Hyde show right now, especially with our O-Line and Special Teams. That's true of several front runners in the NFC right now, aside from Dallas. Also, no Brees pretty much means that Zeke can just bend that shitty defense over and have his way with it. I mean, look at that Texans game against the Aints and I think Dallas has to be licking their chops. Plus you more or less get a scrimmage this week against the Fins. I think when we blow into town might be the first real test for both teams, honestly. This assumes that Rogers has shaken off the rust by then, otherwise it will go a lot like the Redskins game did for you, but maybe lower scoring on both sides.
I don't think the Packers looked very good outside the first quarter yesterday. Really they have looked pretty questionable in 7 of 8 quarters this year.

• 1Truth!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
NFC as a whole is a giant clusterfuck now with Brees out. I'd say they're basically eliminated from the playoffs now, but the whole division is a gigantic question mark. None of the teams look like frontrunners at all with the QB's being wildly inconsistent to downright terrible. Would not be surprised in the slightest if the division winner is 8-8. The only 2-0 NFC team to beat any 'quality' opponents, IMO, is the Packers. They've been such a shitshow as seasons have gone on in recent years I just can't trust them. Curious to see how the Rams v 49ers matchup in week 6 goes, they should both have one loss max by then.

It kills me to say this. I like Dallas now that N.O is done.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Touchdown
Reactions: 4 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Jozu proving how dumb he is by saying stopping the run and running the ball are a recipe for success.

Literally the opposite is true.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just means oldman Brees' arm will be rested for the second half of the season.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird that they called holding on the Jets when a Browns defender clearly made contact with a receiver who had called a fair catch.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I _think_ the Eagles and Rams will improve, but yeah, the Cowboys seem to be the leader followed by the Vikings and Seahawks in the NFC.

Or to review, the Patriots and Cowboys are the teams to beat. This season sucks already.

• 1Solidarity