NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's not *every* QB that gets a new deal, though. When we're talking about the Rodgers/Wilson/Ryan/Luck guys, we're talking about elite QB's (or at least QB's with the potential to put up elite seasons. Is Dak that guy? Maybe in this offense with what he has around him, but he's sort of on the edge, outside of the normal level QB you'd see make that jump. Also everyone knew Rodgers/Wilson/Luck deals would be a significant jump over the previous level, and Dak wanting $40M is another significant jump you might not have expected until the next round of elite guys like Mahomes came up for discussion.
I'm calling the shot now. Dak won't get $40 mil. They will look to the Wentz contract to base his off of, just like they looked at the Gurly contract to base Zeke off of.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would expect Dak around 37M per year.

Statwise Dak is really good. Guess its up to if you feel his play matches his stats. Statwise he is a franchise/top 10 QB.

Screenshot_2019-09-19-17-25-35.png

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm calling the shot now. Dak won't get $40 mil. They will look to the Wentz contract to base his off of, just like they looked at the Gurly contract to base Zeke off of.

I expect he said 40 in order to get 35. But we'll see.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I would expect Dak around 37M per year.

Statwise Dak is really good. Guess its up to if you feel his play matches his stats. Statwise he is a franchise/top 10 QB.

View attachment 223613

I think he's borderline top 10 maybe right around 10. Granted they have a lot of help with their run game and improved defense, not to mention their O line which allows him a lot more time than some other guys. He takes care of the ball well, as we've noted previously his TD:Int ratio is in the top 4 all time for guys with 1500+ attempts. But he isn't putting up 4,500 yard seasons or throwing for 30+ TD's, either. We might not know the answer of whether or not he COULD do that, simply because when you have Zeke, too, no reason not to be using him to make everything easier on rest of your team.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The real issue is wtf are they gonna do without him? That's why he'll probably get a ridiculous deal.

As for Manning, he definitely deserves some type of lifetime achievement award for swiping two rings from Brady but I don't know if that rises to deserving a HoF induction.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
Manning to Tyree helmet catch was not a fluke! They practiced it that way! Even the impossible scrambling by Manning -- all like they did in practice!

/s

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
flag on the first play of the game. 180 holding calls already so far this season.

NFL officiating is trash.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I saw Rosen gets the start in Miami. Poor kid gets drafted by the worse team and gets crushed and gets traded to the worse team and is going to get crushed again.

Fadaar

That guy
Assuming he continues to play well I wonder if Foles gets his job back. Would certainly be cheaper in the long run if they cut ties with him.

Merrith

Some of those holding calls were terrible. The roughing the passer call was the worst I've seen though. Was basically textbook of how you should hit a QB legally.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If they're gonna call holding every other play, it needs to become a 5 yard penalty. 10 extra yards just kills drives.

Merrith

Not kicking the field goal to go up 16 was weird. Then the Titans final drive they weren't even trying to preserve the clock at all. Shitty game aside from Minshew.