NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's a shame it took the Colts so long to hire a real GM. Can't help but wonder if they finally have the necessary team to really do something... sadly it's a few years removed from Luck's prime, when he could actually throw the ball 30-40 yards before his nerves/shoulder died.

Brissett is underrated though. Smart insurance pick up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Mid season firings are 99% a PR move, with a little sprinkle of “let’s see what this other guy is capable of”.

Garrett did get his job after a mid season firing so it would only be proper for it to come full circle.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree you concede the season, but this season was already NFC Championship game or bust for Garrett. It's obvious now it's going to be bust. Fire him now, save yourself from losing Kellen Moore to another team who is going to fire their coach (*cough* Redskins *cough*) and let these past 2 games dictate the Dak extension. If Dak refuses to be reasonable, use this lost season to find his replacement.

Dak is going to get paid. It is what it is, and I’ve come to terms with it.

Even at 3-2, the season isn’t lost. The Cowboys are the still in it for division title and wild card. The East being complete shit should keep them in the playoff hunt. Let Garrett try to make a run, no point in ending soon even if it is unlikely they make it to the conference title game. Really, odds were he was incapable of making it that far before the season anyways.

Let’s not go nuts about needing to keep Moore. We need to see at least a full season of him at OC. That secondary/DC guy is more important to keep around if possible.

• 1Cutler

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Similar to last year, I have a fear they will go on another run again make the playoffs, win the 1st round game, and then just get completely out prepared/schemed in another Rams-esque type loss. Hopefully Jerry has had enough, regardless of how buddy buddy he is with Garrett. Truly hope it is Super Bowl appearance or bust.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Dak is going to get paid. It is what it is, and I’ve come to terms with it.

Even at 3-2, the season isn’t lost. The Cowboys are the still in it for division title and wild card. The East being complete shit should keep them in the playoff hunt. Let Garrett try to make a run, no point in ending soon even if it is unlikely they make it to the conference title game. Really, odds were he was incapable of making it that far before the season anyways.

Let’s not go nuts about needing to keep Moore. We need to see at least a full season of him at OC. That secondary/DC guy is more important to keep around if possible.

I think we all know they will make the playoffs. Roster is talented. It's IN the playoff where Garrett will be a huge liability. That last 2 minute field goal is in a nutshell what is wrong with him. Forget they missed it. They fucked the whole thing up by not preparing the FG team in ALL scenarios.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They fucked up by not kicking the FG the moment they were in FG range. If they managed it properly, GB would have the ball up 7 with the 2 minute warning and 1 Cowboys TO left. Instead they dicked around into needing an onside kick, which are basically impossible now.

I’m not sure they will make playoffs. That Wild Card is going to be really competitive this year. Panthers, Bucs, Bears, Vikings, Lions and 2 of Rams/49ers/Hawks will all be in it. I’m sure injuries will thin the herd but the wildcard is going to require 10-6, at least.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let’s play the schedule game. 4 games left in division and the Jets, let’s give them the benefit of the doubt, 4-1 (split the Eagles). 7-3.

Remaining games Vikes, @Lions, @Pats, Bills, @Bears, Rams. They HAVE to go 3-3 at least in those games. Definitely possible but will be tough. If they go 3-2 instead of 4-1 in the games I listed at the top they are basically fucked.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Was a bit disappointing waking up to see that the redskins named Callahan as interim HC over their young OC Kevin O'connell.

Would have been nice to see what O'Connell can do with Haskins the last 11 games. Now if we hire someone new next season we might miss out on another young offensive mind without using our chance to see what we got in him.. Also Callahan is the architect of the redskins pathetic run game.

The one bright light at the end of the tunnel for skins fans is the mayor of DC coming out and saying she wants a stadium deal done. Hopefully the second that deal gets done, Bruce will be done with the redskins.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Rudolph probably out multiple games. Confirmed concussion. I don't get the Steelers games but I hope someone got ejected. They should institute a new rule, remove all QB specific protections from the rules but if your defense knocks out the opposing QB from the game on a penalty play, your QB has to sit the rest of the game.

Excellent well thought out rule change. Lets implement it immediately. Oh and when we play the patriots, lets sign some bum off the street to be 'starting qb' for one play and get knocked out.

See now I don't mind this PI challenge because it's desperation time, so I'm not gonna bag on Garrett.

It's funny because, because of this challenge he didn't have one left at the end that would have nullified an interception. Like seriously, what the fuck was up with that shit? I don't care where they were on the field, the motherfucker was slapping him in the helmet repeatedly. How is that not a personal foul? If the NFL doesn't fine him for that, they're full of bullshit.

Also, was I the only one hoping Garret would throw the red flag in a mean way again and get ejected from the game?

Daks getting a lot of pressure on some of these plays in all fairness to Dak.

It's a fucking shame that we have a great O-line, but we're 1 player away from it being shit. I don't understand why we didn't get that dude some fucking help on the left side.

Has firing an HC mid-season ever fixed anything? I just don't understand why teams do it.

Doesn't fix anything, but it gives you a chance to give someone in your organization a trial by fire. Your coach sucks bad enough to fire them, you are looking towards a long term fix.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Was a bit disappointing waking up to see that the redskins named Callahan as interim HC over their young OC Kevin O'connell.

Would have been nice to see what O'Connell can do with Haskins the last 11 games. Now if we hire someone new next season we might miss out on another young offensive mind without using our chance to see what we got in him.. Also Callahan is the architect of the redskins pathetic run game.

The one bright light at the end of the tunnel for skins fans is the mayor of DC coming out and saying she wants a stadium deal done. Hopefully the second that deal gets done, Bruce will be done with the redskins.

Are redskin fans taking over 49’er fans as dumbest in football? What have you seen this year that makes you think starting Haskins is a good idea? Let Colt McCoys corpse start the rest of the year, find a LT, and start Haskins next year. Jesus Christ. You think Haskins is taking you to the playoffs or something?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are redskin fans taking over 49’er fans as dumbest in football? What have you seen this year that makes you think starting Haskins is a good idea? Let Colt McCoys corpse start the rest of the year, find a LT, and start Haskins next year. Jesus Christ. You think Haskins is taking you to the playoffs or something?

Shit you and I actually agreeing on something. They already said Haskins isn't starting, too.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking sucks to have to use a challenge on the 1st drive of the game.