NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

this part is really something
Vincent said he plans to talk to Lions owner Martha Ford at the meeting, which ends on Wednesday, and also will reach out to Lions general manager Bob Quinn.

and say what? "our bad?" This incident isn't a one-off or a rare occasion where you can understand a human error and accept that sometimes shit happens. But these bullshit calls have become a norm. If I was the owner I'd tell him to fuck off.
NFL is brilliant when it comes to protecting the shield. Vague rules, open to interpretation. What is a catch? What is a football move? What is pass interference? Every season there's something new. And they have this magical safety net when pretty much everything can be challenged. Don't like the call, well challenge it. Don't have a challenge left, well cry me a river. I'd like to see the statistic on how many challenged calls get the "ruling on the field stands". I can't even remember the last time the ruling as confirmed. Or don't they call rulings confirmed any more? This season refs basically are told to let the play play out and don't blow it dead. And the call on the field will most likely stand.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rivers gifs are great
The gift that keeps on giving.

The thing about these calls is the NFL doesn't give a fuck. It has the media talking about it all week during week fucking 6 while the MLB CS is going on. Literally no incentive to do anything about it.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

If this guy can keep up his level of play, he's going to the hall of fame. He's super smart, super athletic, super tough and Kyle Shanahan is just the guy to turn him into a superstar.

• 2Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The way he can just climb up the field on a cut and burst through the defense is so impressive. He has the surest hands on the team, and is unbelievable with the ball in his hands.

He lead the league in YAC last year, with 873 yards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man if 'insert player with a highlight reel play' can just always play like he does in this highlight reel play, he's going to the hall of fame!

Also, he owes half that gain to 22 being such a lazy unmotivated fuck during that play.

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brock Osweiler retired today. Dude made serious bank for 7 years of mediocrity.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He probably made more money than any other professional athlete from Montana. Sad.

I think he is a good kid though, even if his football skills couldn't cut it in the NFL.

Sterling

El Presidente
JFC! That’s insane.
In fairness at the end he was a backup making less than a million a season, which is totally reasonable. It was the Texans/Browns stint that was ridiculous. 21 million in 2016, 15 million in 2017.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
He probably made more money than any other professional athlete from Montana. Sad.

I think he is a good kid though, even if his football skills couldn't cut it in the NFL.
financially he's set for life, he's still got his health, he's young and he's got a ring. I think he got a pretty good deal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

His football skills were fine. He was probably better then a couple of the guys starting this year. He was just never going to be elite.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Man if 'insert player with a highlight reel play' can just always play like he does in this highlight reel play, he's going to the hall of fame!

Also, he owes half that gain to 22 being such a lazy unmotivated fuck during that play.

He does that shit every game. The guy is amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Only team that gets as many calls to go their way as Green Bay, is Seattle.
Like the Matthews RTP flags last year multiple games? Gb went what 6-9 last year? Good thing the refs were there to give them those 6 wins.... Or how about the PI no-flag at the end of the Packers Eagles game a few weeks ago, that cost them an almost guaranteed win/tie? Below is the final Rodgers throw that led to an interception in the endzone. Clear PI, unable to be reviewed due to 2 minute warning rules. Or how about the helmet to helmet no call from Ford on the first punt return? He even got fined for that shit, but guess what? No flag! Not even gonna go into fail mary or a million other shit calls I can dredge up over the last few years.

Shit calls happen to every team. Sometimes you get the benefit of them, sometimes you get fucked by them. Most of the time, teams win despite shit calls, and you never hear about them again. It's only when it's a game changer do they really stand out. They happen every Sunday. But people that sit there and whine that certain teams get favoritism, or that bad calls only happen to their team, just look like whiny bitches.

Packers-Eagles-Officials-Pass-Interference-e1569585621450.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Salty
  • 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Like the Matthews RTP flags last year multiple games? Gb went what 6-9 last year? Good thing the refs were there to give them those 6 wins.... Or how about the PI no-flag at the end of the Packers Eagles game a few weeks ago, that cost them an almost guaranteed win/tie? Below is the final Rodgers throw that led to an interception in the endzone. Clear PI, unable to be reviewed due to 2 minute warning rules. Or how about the helmet to helmet no call from Ford on the first punt return? He even got fined for that shit, but guess what? No flag! Not even gonna go into fail mary or a million other shit calls I can dredge up over the last few years.

Shit calls happen to every team. Sometimes you get the benefit of them, sometimes you get fucked by them. Most of the time, teams win despite shit calls, and you never hear about them again. It's only when it's a game changer do they really stand out. They happen every Sunday. But people that sit there and whine that certain teams get favoritism, or that bad calls only happen to their team, just look like whiny bitches.

Packers-Eagles-Officials-Pass-Interference-e1569585621450.jpg
LOL, some of you guys take half hearted joke posts too seriously.

Here, get upset over this too

1571337185168.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Heard on the radio today if Stafford throws for 80 or more yards in the next 4 games, he will be the fastest player to hit 40k yards passing (measured in games played).

I knew guy threw some big games but I was pretty surprised by that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Stafford is a bad ass, super solid QB who plays for the Lions. Here's hoping Patricia is around long enough to make a difference.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users