NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

“If the league is serious, they should fine Browns $5 million and fine [coach Freddie Kitchens] $500,000. That was like a bounty game. There were so many unnecessary flagrant hits, and then the cherry on top.”

Who knows who the "high level-source" is but I kinda wouldn't be surprised they get hit with something like a fine like this.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Where that linked video starts you just see Rudolph trying to pull off the helmet. Garret couldn't get off. Looked like he's trying...

You can't discount the stage 1 shit though. If you start and instigate the fight, you are just as guilty, even though you got a black eye. My kids fight? They all got punished.

I'm not discounting it, didn't now the video only started at that point I watched it live and went back with dvr. Rudolph is just trying to get Garrett off him and that's how it all started. Garrett is the one who escalates it both into actually pulling off Rudolph's helmet, then also when he swings it.

Merrith

I don't think there were "a lot of articles" about Kaep's improvement. There was one article where a guy showed like 3 plays from the season where Kaep went to his second read and then declared it proof that he was a good quarterback. Gabbert, who beat him out as a starter was third string at Arizona the next year and has been on 3 teams in 3 years since and no one has even thought about making him a starter, so I don't know where the outrage about that is. Gabbert can't beat out Drew Stanton or Marcus Mariota but he did beat out Kaep. Kaep was well suited to Chip Kelly's offense because he was athletic and it's a dumbed down offense based on playing fast, running the QB, and getting big plays against defenses that are out of position. It doesn't work in the NFL and neither does Kaepernick.

The only point I brought up with Gabbert is he wasn't looking to stay in San Fran after that year, either, because that roster was terrible. Gabbert got the job at end of 2015 when Kaepernick was playing hurt, eventually put on season ending IR with a shoulder injury he had been playing through. Gabbert got the job to start 2016, but lost it to Kaepernick eventually. Maybe thought Gabbert "beat out" Kaepernick in training camp, but he certainly didn't do it during the regular season:

z8tIR8A.png

Granted, he had the same top two WR that Kaepernick did that year in Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton (can't remember if Torrey Smith got hurt that year, although he was getting towards the end of his career anyways by then), so doubtless they brought Gabbert's numbers down a bunch (PFF or some other analytics group had them dropping the most catchable passes in the league that year). Kerley played 9 games in the league since 2016, Patton has been out of the league since 2016.

I remember there being a couple different articles I saw, the one I remember linking specifically looked at Kaepernick v. Flacco from that season (I'm sure they picked Flacco because they played against each other in the Super Bowl). Again none of it was claiming he was some top end starter by any stretch, just that he had made improvements in being a pocket passer versus previous years. I agree the Chip Kelly offense should be taken with a grain of salt, because it's pretty much a different case entirely from any current NFL offense. Not to mention 2+ years out of the game, which is just the nail in the coffin for anyone that thinks Kaepernick could actually walk onto an NFL team this year and make any sort of impact. It's just not happening and people are crazy if they actually think it will.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Watched the video of the fight over and over like the Zeprutter Film. It is quite obvious that Rudolph is the punk bitch in this incident and Garrett was just trying to put Rudolph’s helmet back on him so he didn’t get a penalty for being on the field without a helmet

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

Crazy to me that Mayfield ended up with 2 passing TD and a rushing TD to make his numbers look good. I thought he looked pretty poor for a lot of the game. Although anyone could have made that throw to Landry for his first passing TD. No idea how a guy like Landry gets that wide open.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Maurkice Pouncey was suspended three games, and Browns defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi was suspended one game, and both players would face further fines.

Seems about right.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Surprised Ogunjobi got a game, but I'm sure they're really trying to set an example. Feel a little bad for Pouncey, totally get why he went ballistic.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still expecting a suspension for Randall for the hit he got ejected for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
ya, read a bit ago he was able to walk to the sideline very woozy and then needed to be carted off the field.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Surprised Ogunjobi got a game, but I'm sure they're really trying to set an example. Feel a little bad for Pouncey, totally get why he went ballistic.
Because he attacked a guy on the field that had no helmet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Because he attacked a guy on the field that had no helmet.

Ogunjobi? He trolled Rudolph by bumping him over. Classless, mildly amusing to watch...I think "attacked" is a little overboard. But I'm cool with them sending a message to anyone that was involved last night. Shit was nuts.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
. I expect the NFL to make an example of this and I would expect a lifetime ban. This never happens again.

in addition to the indefinite suspension of Browns defensive end Myles Garrett

See ya.

If anything, there is a severe amount of retribution going on because everyone knows Garrett is a pussy dirt ball. And honestly, I can guarantee you this piece of shit said something after the late hit on Rudolph and wouldn't get off him. Par for the course. Have fun pumping gas you piece of shit.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ogunjobi? He trolled Rudolph by bumping him over. Classless, mildly amusing to watch...I think "attacked" is a little overboard. But I'm cool with them sending a message to anyone that was involved last night. Shit was nuts.
Yeah i don't mean to imply he beat him or anything but he did cone up behind him and knocked him down.

• 2Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Anyone surprised that patriots fans coming in with the dogshit hot takes

???

Are you referring to me saying Pouncey or whoever it was should be also suspended for kicking the Browns player in the head after they take him to the ground?

Feels bad for the guy who kicks someone in the head while they're on the ground defenseless?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I'm still expecting a suspension for Randall for the hit he got ejected for.
I am hoping they are waiting on Johnson's medical checkup to determine the length of Randall's suspension.

But, they needed to get these punishments out there in front of the media asap.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
See ya.

If anything, there is a severe amount of retribution going on because everyone knows Garrett is a pussy dirt ball. And honestly, I can guarantee you this piece of shit said something after the late hit on Rudolph and wouldn't get off him. Par for the course. Have fun pumping gas you piece of shit.

He will be back next year, guaranteed

• 2Like