Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1578259812846.jpeg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
looked like he already had enough separation to extend his arm fully, certainly didn't look like he suddenly gained any extra distance from the defender.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You lose 35 seconds on the clock and lose an extra time out from the 2 minute warning. There is no situation where it's not the right call. On top of it they threw in to the center of the field AND didn't burn it for the penalty. This is just fucking awful clock management.

Well you don't lose the timeout from 2 minute warning. It's either or basically. There's plenty of situations where it's the right call...if you need to avoid a delay of game penalty or a 10 second run off (if you choose to use it in that case). I agree they managed the clock poorly towards the end, but having the timeouts isn't a negative by itself.

Merrith

looked like he already had enough separation to extend his arm fully, certainly didn't look like he suddenly gained any extra distance from the defender.

Eh, I think he got some of that separation pushing off. Dude's head snaps back a little from it. I will say they were both hand checking a little so contact wasn't initiated by the push off.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well you don't lose the timeout from 2 minute warning. It's either or basically. There's plenty of situations where it's the right call...if you need to avoid a delay of game penalty or a 10 second run off (if you choose to use it in that case). I agree they managed the clock poorly towards the end, but having the timeouts isn't a negative by itself.
Yes, you do lose the two minute warning as it happened during the change of possession. They lost 35 seconds and an extra time out. Awful call that ultimately cost them the game.

Merrith

Yes, you do lose the two minute warning as it happened during the change of possession. They lost 35 seconds and an extra time out. Awful call that ultimately cost them the game.

I'm saying they either burn timeouts or they have the 2 minute stoppage...but then NO ability to stop the clock beyond that at the end. Especially in case of needed to avoid a delay of game or a 10 second runoff, or whatever. Any coach is going to pick the timeouts for "in case shit happens" stuff.

Now at the end, when Cook caught the ball inside the 30, they should have either immediately burned the timeout with 32 seconds left and the 1st down or rushed up to spike it a lot faster than 11 seconds later (and not get the penalty).

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm saying they either burn timeouts or they have the 2 minute stoppage...but then NO ability to stop the clock beyond that at the end. Especially in case of needed to avoid a delay of game or a 10 second runoff, or whatever. Any coach is going to pick the timeouts for "in case shit happens" stuff.

Now at the end, when Cook caught the ball inside the 30, they should have either immediately burned the timeout with 32 seconds left and the 1st down or rushed up to spike it a lot faster than 11 seconds later (and not get the penalty).
Losing 35 seconds AND a stoppage is not worth it in any situation. You are literally giving them a full play clock. Logically it's better to have the 35 seconds than it is to have a play stoppage later, especially since that exact situation came up and they didn't use it.

Merrith

Losing 35 seconds AND a stoppage is not worth it in any situation. You are literally giving them a full play clock. Logically it's better to have the 35 seconds than it is to have a play stoppage later, especially since that exact situation came up and they didn't use it.

Not using it is on them, logically for a lot of situations it's waaay better to have the ability to use a timeout when you might need it versus just having the 2 minute warning. Especially if they end up being forced to kick for 3 to tie, you'd rather have a timeout left to make sure you do it on the last play of the game...although they screwed that up, because Sean Payton didn't think 7 seconds was enough time to run a quick pass and call the timeout for a few more yards (but I thought the all or nothing screen that burned 4 seconds after the 10 second run off was stupid, too).

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Brees and Payton are the biggest choke artists in post season history since Manning and Dungy.

If Brady and Belichick were in New Orleans or Indianapolis they’d have 6 championships in 9 super bowl appearances. I know those numbers sound exaggerated or even made up; but take my word for it, I’m smarter than you.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Still in shock. I highly doubt we can keep this up next Saturday. But at least we got one!

266FDBCF-6CCB-4348-B880-300F39688EEA.jpeg

99848785-8196-4BA0-A9C7-7874FCD2A12E.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users