NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
tbh wouldn't be surprised if Clowney gets fined for that hit.
And there isn't a single team in the playoffs that would be contenders with their backup QBs playing more than a half. Using this as evidence that Wentz is injury prone is dishonest at best

• 1Fumble
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
And there isn't a single team in the playoffs that would be contenders with their backup QBs playing more than a half. Using this as evidence that Wentz is injury prone is dishonest at best
The fact he had never finished a whole season is plenty of evidence.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The fact that he's injury prone is evidence that he's injury prone, but I'd guess most QBs would be out of the game after that hit injury prone or not. If this was regular season I'd even give decent odds at a one game suspension for that hit.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
He just finished a whole season....

Of his 4 seasons in the league, he's finished 2 of them. (16 games in 2016 and 2019).
How many quarters of playoff football has he played in 4 seasons? And how many playoff games have the Eagles played in that time?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
How many quarters of playoff football has he played in 4 seasons? And how many playoff games have the Eagles played in that time?

You know that answer.

The guy finished the season strong and gets a BS hit on him in his first post season game. Then the guy gets to keep playing for his team sealing the deal against the Eagles. Seahawks were shit and only won cause of a cheap shot. gg.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
He just finished a whole season....

Of his 4 seasons in the league, he's finished 2 of them. (16 games in 2016 and 2019).
He didn't finish the season. He went out in the first game of the playoffs. Though to his credit this is more than he has played any other years.

• 1Picard

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Its called post season.
Yes and part of finishing the season. That is why season is in the descriptor. Regular season and post season.

I'm not trying to be an ass but the playoffs if you make them are part of your season. The teams goal is to win the Superbowl. That implies the playoffs are part of your expected season.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
The only positive from this Saints loss will be my liver recovering until Mardi Gras.

Paytons game plan was good enough to win, but not great.

Brees has played mediocre or less in the last few playoff games.

Defense played with heart, but just don’t have the talent.

credit the Vikings for playing their butts off and Taysom Hill for being a warrior. Goodbye I will be joining that other Patriots guy in the woods where all the sad fans go

• 1Solidarity

Hosix

All labs matter!
You know that answer.

The guy finished the season strong and gets a BS hit on him in his first post season game. Then the guy gets to keep playing for his team sealing the deal against the Eagles. Seahawks were shit and only won cause of a cheap shot. gg.

BS hit? Wentz ran and did not slide. He dove forward. How about you learn to QB and slide? He put himself in that situation. He slides and gets hit like that? Absolutely a flag.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
BS hit? Wentz ran and did not slide. He dove forward. How about you learn to QB and slide? He put himself in that situation. He slides and gets hit like that? Absolutely a flag.

So you're saying the hit was legit, shouldn't draw a flag or fine?
Are you fucking with me?

knee already on ground before being hit, Clowney lead with his head, drilled him into the turf... perfectly fine though!

Last year he gets fined $40K for this hit on Foles, much more tame than the Wentz "tackle"

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't personally mind the hit but in today's NFL, that was supposedly over the line. You can touch a helmet with a finger and get a penalty. You bend your head just a bit when hitting the WR and they can call a penalty or eject you. This looked worse than most of the ones I've seen even if unintentional.

The big problem for the NFL is their rules aren't enforced evenly or even known. This isn't a competitive game except for which group of refs will fuck who more. The players and coaches still try to do their damnedest but the refs decide the games. Kinda scary with a gambling driven sport, isn't it? Personal bias can be watched but who knows what a catch is? What's PI? What's a football move today?

Hosix

All labs matter!
So you're saying the hit was legit, shouldn't draw a flag or fine?
Are you fucking with me?

knee already on ground before being hit, Clowney lead with his head, drilled him into the turf... perfectly fine though!

Last year he gets fined $40K for this hit on Foles, much more tame than the Wentz "tackle"

He will get fined and I am good with it. A running back gets hit like that several times a game. In today’s NFL I understand we are protecting QB’s. But he should have been sliding. Wentz needs to understand to have a long career? Fucking slide. That was put in to protect the quarterback.

Stop watching it in slow mo and realize it’s a “bang bang” type of play. Had Clowney been flagged I wouldnt be surprised at all.

Stop with the knee down shit. Clowney is playing full speed.

It’s football.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
He will get fined and I am good with it. A running back gets hit like that several times a game. In today’s NFL I understand we are protecting QB’s. But he should have been sliding. Wentz needs to understand to have a long career? Fucking slide. That was put in to protect the quarterback.

Stop watching it in slow mo and realize it’s a “bang bang” type of play. Had Clowney been flagged I wouldnt be surprised at all.

Stop with the knee down shit. Clowney is playing full speed.

It’s football.

This is not a play that is abnormal for quarterbacks to make. It's not a long run and not an easy slide. It's a standard QB play trying to pick up a few yards after the pocket collapses. He still lead with helmet on a falling player. Unnecessary and any professional in his position should be able to act accordingly. I attribute it to Jadevon being hurt himself and unable to make the proper adjustment. Reckless. Yet NBC praised him all game long.