NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I miss the days when sports weren’t about politics

Nobody will remember the political stuff once they figure out Belichick is going to get to tank in a year with no fans to even boo so he can potentially get his next dynasty QB.

No but seriously, if that actually happens and Lawrence turns out good? Fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Trevor Lawrence might be overrated.

If Patrick Mahomes isn't #1 on the top 100, imma complain about it on the internet.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Has he even said he would enter the draft early? If there is no college football this year, would he even be eligible?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Nobody will remember the political stuff once they figure out Belichick is going to get to tank in a year with no fans to even boo so he can potentially get his next dynasty QB.

His chances of being good under Belichick are orders of magnitude more likely.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
The only argument against me is to deny reality and facts and go with feels

VICTORY LAP

That is kind of my point though. The behavior of players, the teams, the owners, the media, the fans, is not rational. It is panic mode, blowing things out of proportion, making dumb rules that make things even dumber, etc.

My take is, it is like I am watching a car wreck in slow motion, and I can see the stupid things that cause the crash happen in slow motion too. I think that is what all of us see, right? This is carnival of fools level stuff, and if only to save some shred of dignity, I really would prefer this whole sad act to take this season off to get their heads back together.

I wish people would have cool heads and think with clear heads on this, but instead, apparently our clown ratio in this country is through the roof. I am not saying you are right or wrong, but I am saying that it does not matter if you are right.

I remember 9/11. I was one of the first on the scene as the towers fell, and I frantically told everyone around me, "But this does not make sense! Jet fuel can't melt steel beams!" but no one would listen to me. Joe Pfiefer, one of the FDNY battalion chiefs and an old family friend, came over to me, put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Don't waste your breath, Sadre. This is madness."

No one listened to me then, no one listens to me now. Maybe the difference between you and me is, I'm more used to it.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm still not convinced we will get a "complete" season at all.

They just gotta hold out till nov 4th.

Player health and safety??? Name the peak condition under-40 pro athlete that has died from Corona. Go ahead. I’ll wait. Name ONE that even ended up hospitalized. From what we know about this these guys are the LAST people who will suffer severe effects from this disease. You fucking moron.

23 year old iranian female athlete. Says she was a futsal player for the iranian national team. I don't know what the fuck that is, but unless it's a drinking / smoking competition I think it meets your criteria. She died back in February.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
He'll move the goalposts a little to still show he's right.

• 1Moron
  • 1Solidarity

Kaines

Potato Supreme
He'll move the goalposts a little to still show he's right.
So you ACTUALLY believe pro athletes are just as susceptible to severe reactions to COVID from everything we know about it??? You’re a fucking moron.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

So glad the NFL isnt bringing politics into sports. That way we have no need to talk politics in the sports forum....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hey you're the one that was so adamant about providing even ONE example. Example was provided. That doesn't mean I believe these athletes are just as susceptible. Just you were wrong in your initial point.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Hey you're the one that was so adamant about providing even ONE example. Example was provided. That doesn't mean I believe these athletes are just as susceptible. Just you were wrong in your initial point.
Then you have no idea what my initial point was. I’m not surprised

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I don't think it's possible. As much as I hate seeing him still coach, I don't think he can intentionally be as bad as some of these coaches naturally are. Throw in Cam being able to win a couple games and Belichick's pride, and I see at least 4 wins no matter who's on the team. Flores won 5 with garbage. Belichick is better and hates losing. I can't see him stomaching a 1 win season and that's probably what it will take to get Lawrence. There's no way Belichick can be a bigger loser than Gase, even if he wants to be.

I doubt there's a full season. Most of these players are as terrified of COVID as Kaepernick is of playing. You get one positive case in a locker and they'll all want to go to the hospital and postpone their games for a few weeks/month.

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Elham Sheikhi, 23, a prominent athlete from Isfahan and member of the woman’s national team in futsal, a form of soccer, said Friday in a video release that contrary to earlier announcements of her death from the coronavirus — including a condolence message from a sports federation — she was alive and healthy.

Phew. The player of an indoor form of soccer, definitely in peak athletic condition, is being reported alive!

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users