NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'd risk my life for a hell of a lot less money than these chucklefucks are being paid
I can understand players like Marquise Goodwin who are more worried about their kids themselves. Him and his wife have already dealt with 3 miscarriages, and any risk to their new child just isn't worth it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This might be my year. I'm going to walk in to the dallas cowboys training camp.

• 4Worf
  • 1Touchdown
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I can understand players like Marquise Goodwin who are more worried about their kids themselves. Him and his wife have already dealt with 3 miscarriages, and any risk to their new child just isn't worth it.

Any risk isn't worth it?

Kids are at an extremely low risk of contracting Covid. And if they do, risk of having major health issues from it, much less dying, are statistically practically non-existant. So, yeah, I understand that people have irrational fears, but they're still largely irrational. Obligatory list of things like flying and food poisoning that pose more risk.

I mean it's not surprising people were acting out of ignorance and fear at the start of this, but still, we're 4-5 months into this and an organization as rich as the NFL seems to be unorganized and players seem to be making career decisions based on ignorance and fear. It's weird and shouldn't be the case at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if any of them are using it as leverage for contract negotiations or thinking it will be a chance to get off of a bad team or actually let a nagging injury heal all the way.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any risk isn't worth it?

Kids are at an extremely low risk of contracting Covid. And if they do, risk of having major health issues from it, much less dying, are statistically practically non-existant. So, yeah, I understand that people have irrational fears, but they're still largely irrational. Obligatory list of things like flying and food poisoning that pose more risk.

I mean it's not surprising people were acting out of ignorance and fear at the start of this, but still, we're 4-5 months into this and an organization as rich as the NFL seems to be unorganized and players seem to be making career decisions based on ignorance and fear. It's weird and shouldn't be the case at this point.

Do they already have a newborn or is he just super paranoid about potentially spreading it to her and any little thing possibly affecting her and causing another miscarriage? Not that I've heard of any connection between covid and miscarriages, although I'm sure there are some chance of health complications that might be kinda rare.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Any risk isn't worth it?

I get it, extremely low risk. But the heartbreak he felt at having multiple miscarriages was enough for him to not want to risk his child at all. I am not going to fault him for that.

Do they already have a newborn or is he just super paranoid about potentially spreading it to her and any little thing possibly affecting her and causing another miscarriage? Not that I've heard of any connection between covid and miscarriages, although I'm sure there are some chance of health complications that might be kinda rare.
They already have a new baby, I think she was born in February.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Any risk isn't worth it?

NFL players aren't known for having above average intelligence and the people merely average intelligence are irrationally panicked about this.

• 1Like

Merrith

Saw Minshew went on the list. Least surprising thing ever. Literal Florida Man.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Jordan Reed to 49ers. No way he just suddenly plays a full 16 games and ends up a nice TE2 option behind Kittle right?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, as much as I would like to hope he will be a solid #2 TE, I think it will be a small miracle if he stays healthy

Merrith

Yeah, as much as I would like to hope he will be a solid #2 TE, I think it will be a small miracle if he stays healthy

Yeah, of course. If we still had him he'd definitely catch one pass then be on IR forever. But leaving us, he'll probably have the miracle.

• 2Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I wonder if any of them are using it as leverage for contract negotiations or thinking it will be a chance to get off of a bad team or actually let a nagging injury heal all the way.

Wouldn't really work since I think their contract essentially freezes for the year and they'll just be making much less this season and coming back another year older in a game people age out of very quickly.

• 2Like