NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
At 3 separate domestic assaults pending, doubt anyone picks him up anytime soon

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I would bet the players would be against this. They prefer just every Sunday as far as I know.

Don’t forget get Monday and Thursday.

Saturday is no leap! If their are smart they would bubble up by geography and play 2 games Monday/Thursday each and the rest split between sat/sun

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don’t forget get Monday and Thursday.

Saturday is no leap! If their are smart they would bubble up by geography and play 2 games Monday/Thursday each and the rest split between sat/sun

Yeah players hate Thursday games. I think everyone just knows Monday Night Football will be a thing, but 6 day week is a lot better than the weird Sunday to Thursday ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Just Sat/Sun games would be cool but doubt they can ditch Mon/Thur due to contracts

Fadaar

That guy
I'd be cool with them ditching the TNF games in favor of splitting the weekend schedule between both days. Would make fantasy a lot more interesting too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That will suck for hundreds of potential NFL prospects if they cancel the college season. Think if you were a highly touted freshman, trying to establish yourself, and then all the sudden they tell you there is no football this year, sorry bud. How does that work? Is he a freshman next year? What about a senior who is on the bubble draft wise and a solid final season is what he needs to propel him into being picked, or go from a 3rd rounder to a first? Does he get to play again?

I imagine they would, But then how does that effect the 2021 freshman? If your a 5 star recruit QB I imagine you wouldnt want to ride the bench in favor of a guy who got to play an extra carona season. Its going to be a clusterfuck.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is unknown how the NCAA will handle eligibility for players that opt out or play in a conference that cancels. That has no effect on NFL draft eligibility. That is 3 years removed from HS. You don’t have to actually play, go to college, or be on a team or any kind to become eligible, it’s strictly time gated.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It is unknown how the NCAA will handle eligibility for players that opt out or play in a conference that cancels. That has no effect on NFL draft eligibility. That is 3 years removed from HS. You don’t have to actually play, go to college, or be on a team or any kind to become eligible, it’s strictly time gated.
Yeah but think of someone like Burrow. 2 years ago he wasn't even discussed as a top QB, then he went on to have one of the greatest college seasons by a QB ever. Imagine that season never happens and he still goes into the draft. No way he goes #1

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
That will suck for hundreds of potential NFL prospects if they cancel the college season. Think if you were a highly touted freshman, trying to establish yourself, and then all the sudden they tell you there is no football this year, sorry bud. How does that work? Is he a freshman next year? What about a senior who is on the bubble draft wise and a solid final season is what he needs to propel him into being picked, or go from a 3rd rounder to a first? Does he get to play again?

I imagine they would, But then how does that effect the 2021 freshman? If your a 5 star recruit QB I imagine you wouldnt want to ride the bench in favor of a guy who got to play an extra carona season. Its going to be a clusterfuck.

I mean, his year in school should probably be related to where his scholastic work is. If he sits out the football season -and- the scholastic year, then yeah he should probably be a freshman. If he sits out the football season (because no football) but move forward in scholastic work to be considered a sophomore? Then he's a sophomore. If that -isn't- the case? The college stuff should admit they give zero fucks about education and just want those College Football Dollars and completely do away with the schooling aspect. And then pay the kids because that is clearly the only reason they are there.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean, his year in school should probably be related to where his scholastic work is. If he sits out the football season -and- the scholastic year, then yeah he should probably be a freshman. If he sits out the football season (because no football) but move forward in scholastic work to be considered a sophomore? Then he's a sophomore. If that -isn't- the case? The college stuff should admit they give zero fucks about education and just want those College Football Dollars and completely do away with the schooling aspect. And then pay the kids because that is clearly the only reason they are there.

Well, you get 4 years of eligibility. You have to have some required amount of credits or whatever to keep that eligibility. If someone gets red shirted for injury or whatever, they can use their 4th year during Grad school or whatever.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Eligibility starts the second you take a class and doesn't stop. This for everyone and not just an athlete. I don't know if they will make an exception with covid. Only reason I know this is because out of high school I didn't want to play sports anymore so I took a class at the local community college out of high school. Dropped out and then a few years later I missed football so I walked on at the community college but I only had 1 year of eligibility left so I only played 1 year of football. I couldn't play anymore.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Eligibility starts the second you take a class and doesn't stop. This for everyone and not just an athlete. I don't know if they will make an exception with covid. Only reason I know this is because out of high school I didn't want to play sports anymore so I took a class at the local community college out of high school. Dropped out and then a few years later I missed football so I walked on at the community college but I only had 1 year of eligibility left so I only played 1 year of football. I couldn't play anymore.

It can stop. For one thing there are red shirt years. Anyone who wants to sit out who hasn't already been red shirted can probably get that now. It would have to be requested and come from the NCAA. Also, I believe your eligibility can be suspended when you change schools under certain circumstances. Or maybe that's just another application of the redshirt rule.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Take this with a grain of salt, because Grant Cohn is wrong far more often than right. Plus he's a total dbag

Last edited: