NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Heh, and now it looks like maybe not on Monday.

Edit: Also Marlon Humphrey just got paid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Postponed. This makes me worry for the season being able to complete

• 1Pathetic

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
These Thursday night games are a disgrace....

..... and I will be watching every second of them

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
That’s bullshit.

Make them forfeit.
They fucked up and need to pay the price.

• 1Faggotry

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It doesnt even matter FFS. Put the infected players on DL and next man up, play the game. CNN released an article today about how there might never be a "back to normal". Its almost like the left likes the virus or something.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If they don't establish a bubble soon, I don't see how the season finishes. Especially when you have the shit the raiders players did.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If they don't establish a bubble soon, I don't see how the season finishes. Especially when you have the shit the raiders players did.

A bubble for the NFL would be a logistics nightmare probably. Sheer numbers alone. 55 minimum and leave the practice squad? Can you really do that in the NFL? Practice squads matter. How many coaches/scouts? You would really need to pare it down a ton. My sons high school team had four bus loads of people associated with the team. Parents would joke how since Bob Kraft's grandson attended school there, just put Patriots on the side of the Greyhounds.

Plus the IDIOTS that permeate the NFL rosters. You KNOW every team will have that idiot(s) that will go out of their way to bang some chick for example.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
They will roll out footballs to replace players. No way they scratch games IMO. Team down 10 players? Better go to that sub shop and recruit the big fat guy that's making your steak and cheese subs to block!

They will at the least roll out practice squad players IMO.

I would be fully engorged and looking for a job at a subway in dallas right now if we were talking about the cowboys.

All teams need to bubble for the rest of the season.

You mean until the second week of November.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

Carr is a colossal faggot, trying to justify breaking the rules by claming his wife is having a tough time not being able to go out to have fun and have to stay home to take care of the kids. Fuck him, fuck Raiders, fuck that clown Gruden and fuck the abstract blob of biomass that is Mark Davis. Fuck 'em all.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You mean until the second week of November.

I don't get when people say this. The entire world is dealing with this. This isn't unique to America. Unless you think the left has so much power they can control the whole world. If that is the case, how the fuck did they lose to Trump?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I don't get when people say this. The entire world is dealing with this. This isn't unique to America. Unless you think the left has so much power they can control the whole world. If that is the case, how the fuck did they lose to Trump?

I think the point he is trying to make is that the left is using this to try and defeat Trump in Nov. So if Trump wins they stop trying cause he won, or if he loses they stop caring cause they won. At least this is always what I assume when people say that.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
But they're rolling shit back in the UK. A lot of Europe is still pretty shutdown. It's not like mid-November is going to hit and all the sudden everything is going to be fully open again.

Jozu

Things won't be normal again until 2022.

Even after a vaccine, the devastating effect of the virus economically will go on long after the virus itself is no longer a threat.

• 4Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Things won't be normal again until the end of 2022.

Even after a vaccine, the devastating effect of the virus economically will go on long after the virus itself is no longer a threat.

Even the end of 2022 seems like a stretch

Jozu

you might be right man.

I was bullish on the virus initially. I thought things would blow over by now. But at this rate, I think it will have a permanent effect on society one way or the other.

Its hard to completely dismiss as a hoax, because ai know people who contracted it and got sick. I dont know anyone who actually died, but its not fake.

The impact it is having is blown way out of proportion though, imo.

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

To be more precise, the US has that kind of influence on the rest of the world. This is a rhetorical question because it's the wrong forum and if you wanna discuss it more, you can tag me into the thread in the grown up section. But why did it get this serious for kung flu and not for SARS, MERS, Swine Flu, or avian flu? It's not that we just got lucky those other times or that this one is any more deadly. Some parts of the world shut down for all of those, the difference is, this time we followed suit. Then once the US media was whipping everyone up into hysteria the rest of the world felt pressure to ramp it up too.

I don't expect it to actually go away right after the election, but it will start ramping down. By thanksgiving I expect it to be a punchline for most people. Sure, the economic damage will take longer to repair, but I'm only talking about the fear of the virus itself, which is why we're talking about playing in a bubble.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To be more precise, the US has that kind of influence on the rest of the world. This is a rhetorical question because it's the wrong forum and if you wanna discuss it more, you can tag me into the thread in the grown up section. But why did it get this serious for kung flu and not for SARS, MERS, Swine Flu, or avian flu? It's not that we just got lucky those other times or that this one is any more deadly. Some parts of the world shut down for all of those, the difference is, this time we followed suit. Then once the US media was whipping everyone up into hysteria the rest of the world felt pressure to ramp it up too.

I don't expect it to actually go away right after the election, but it will start ramping down. By thanksgiving I expect it to be a punchline for most people. Sure, the economic damage will take longer to repair, but I'm only talking about the fear of the virus itself, which is why we're talking about playing in a bubble.

Didn't swine flu only have something like ~12,000 deaths the first year? Also isn't one of the major differences the asymptomatic cases and longer incubation period for covid?

I know SARS actually was much deadlier than the rest, but there were only something like 8,000 total cases globally in only 29 total countries. More severe symptoms actually make it easier to contain outbreaks.

• 1Like