NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Sterling

El Presidente
Announcer explains why going for 2 right away is better, so you know whether you will need 2 TD's, then says he would have just kicked the extra point. Idiot.
I mean explaining why someone might do a certain thing doesn't mean that you should. But yeah.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They always say You should go X because of Y. But then when X fails they say ya I wouldnt of done that.. Cant even believe in what they are saying lol.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After tonight I'm thinking teams will be looking for some covid for 2.5 weeks off. Titans look sharp

Animosity

Bills shot themselves in the foot with the 2 interceptions and all the penalties.

• 1Like

Animosity

Thanks Bills for benching Josh Allen for the last 2 minutes and fucking me over.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean explaining why someone might do a certain thing doesn't mean that you should. But yeah.

It just always cracks me up in those situations when they advocate saving the 2 point attempt you would in theory need to tie until the very last potential score.

Sterling

El Presidente
It just always cracks me up in those situations when they advocate saving the 2 point attempt you would in theory need to tie until the very last potential score.
yeah. I mean you have to get it at some point, so might as well see if you need another score right away or not. There's always a lot of results oriented commentary after the fact too, which is funny to me.

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
leveon bell.jpg
Baby Bell

• 1Worf

Merrith

yeah. I mean you have to get it at some point, so might as well see if you need another score right away or not. There's always a lot of results oriented commentary after the fact too, which is funny to me.

The shit I really don't get is when a team is down like 30-13, they score a TD to make it 30-19, and the new analytics say they should go for 2 to cut the lead to 9 versus kicking an extra point to make it 30-20. Shit doesn't make sense to me because if you fail the 2, you're forcing yourself to go for another 2 after your next TD.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The shit I really don't get is when a team is down like 30-13, they score a TD to make it 30-19, and the new analytics say they should go for 2 to cut the lead to 9 versus kicking an extra point to make it 30-20. Shit doesn't make sense to me because if you fail the 2, you're forcing yourself to go for another 2 after your next TD.

You gotta do the math. In your example let's say you go for 1 and make it. Now you're down by 10. Thats 2 scores, TD and fg to tie. But what if you don't want to fucking tie? Then you need 2 TDs. If you go for 2 and miss 2 TDs still gets you a win. If you go for 2 and make it, the TD and fg now gives you the win.

So what you don't get is the aggressiveness of going for the win over a tie. Failing the 2 makes no difference if you weren't going to go for a tie anyway.

• 1Like

Merrith

You gotta do the math. In your example let's say you go for 1 and make it. Now you're down by 10. Thats 2 scores, TD and fg to tie. But what if you don't want to fucking tie? Then you need 2 TDs. If you go for 2 and miss 2 TDs still gets you a win. If you go for 2 and make it, the TD and fg now gives you the win.

So what you don't get is the aggressiveness of going for the win over a tie. Failing the 2 makes no difference if you weren't going to go for a tie anyway.

Very rarely are teams "going for the win" like that, though. Also the whole point in those situations is usually to NOT force yourself to need 2 TD's, sometimes due to lack of time to do so. Usually if a team is going to go for the win, it'll be when they score a final TD and can kick for a tie or go for 2 for the win. Maybe coach knows their D is super gassed/banged up and won't be able to get a stop in OT. Or if they think they have some super play for the 2. We have seen some good ones over the years.

Jozu

49ers with 13 players on IR. What a wonderful season it has been! They are 2-3, with their only 2 wins against teams that play in New York, (Jets and Giants a combined 0-10) and their next 7 games are brutal.

Rams
Patriots
Seahawks
Packers
Saints
Rams
Bills

Then their final game is against Seattle.

lol. 49ers will be lucky to be a 4 win team this year. They will be on a 9 game skid by the time they finish playing Buffalo, with their sole victories against the 2 worse teams in the league. Could truly end up as one of their worse seasons in franchise history. They mine as well of stopped existing as a franchise.

• 1Truth!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Very rarely are teams "going for the win" like that, though. Also the whole point in those situations is usually to NOT force yourself to need 2 TD's, sometimes due to lack of time to do so. Usually if a team is going to go for the win, it'll be when they score a final TD and can kick for a tie or go for 2 for the win. Maybe coach knows their D is super gassed/banged up and won't be able to get a stop in OT. Or if they think they have some super play for the 2. We have seen some good ones over the years.

The team in your example was going for the win like that.

The old standby is to go for the win on the road and a tie at home. I don't think that applies normally because it seems like the last team to score last always has a huge advantage in OT. If it ever did apply, it definitely doesn't apply this ye.

Merrith

The team in your example was going for the win like that.

The old standby is to go for the win on the road and a tie at home. I don't think that applies normally because it seems like the last team to score last always has a huge advantage in OT. If it ever did apply, it definitely doesn't apply this ye.

I'd actually be curious to see OT edges with the new OT rules where a field goal allows the opponent to have one possession. Although obviously that plus it only being 10 minutes instead of 15 now we see a lot more ties in general.

• 1Like

hory

If I was a falcons player I would get covid too. I'm sure shutting the facility down is the best move for all.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
49ers with 13 players on IR. What a wonderful season it has been! They are 2-3, with their only 2 wins against teams that play in New York, (Jets and Giants a combined 0-10) and their next 7 games are brutal.

Rams
Patriots
Seahawks
Packers
Saints
Rams
Bills

Then their final game is against Seattle.

lol. 49ers will be lucky to be a 4 win team this year. They will be on a 9 game skid by the time they finish playing Buffalo, with their sole victories against the 2 worse teams in the league. Could truly end up as one of their worse seasons in franchise history. They mine as well of stopped existing as a franchise.

It's all part of Shanahan's master plan. Get a top 5 pick every other year, then go to the super bowl with your team full of young stars and easy schedule because you had 4 wins the year before.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users