NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Players anon calling out coaches is some pussy ass shit. Call a fucking audible, Captains.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How bad is Zeke???

Pretty bad.
Sweet note though, Prescott missed half of last week’s game and all of this week’s game and is STILL the league leader in passing yards. He was definitely on pace for MVP.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its so crazy how quickly star running backs go from premier, feature players to washouts.

LeVeon Bell. Todd Gurley. David Johnson. Now Zeke.

Compared to wr its crazy. Look at guys like Fitzgerald, or Julio Jones. RB is just such a punishing position.

I hate to put Saquon Barkley in that category but who knows if he returns to form? There is a wasteland of former productive runners who went from prime time to cut.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Was gonna post that it’s a bit early to call zeke washed up... now I see he has yet to breach 100 yards and no 2 TD games.

He is set to make $16.6 mm in 2026 lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Someday soon GM's will learn not to draft RB's in the 1st round, or pay them big money.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Someday soon GM's will learn not to draft RB's in the 1st round, or pay them big money.
I can see a RB in the first round, especially toward the end of it. RB's tend to peak mid 20s, so drafting them can ocassionally be a good move for a team. Giving a long contract to a RB is sheer stupidity though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Draft a new work horse in rounds 1-3 every 2 years.

Burn them out, break them down and dump after 4 years.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Draft a new work horse in rounds 1-3 every 2 years.

Burn them out, break them down and dump after 4 years.
Several teams, notably the Pats and a little bit here in GB have been using that strategy for a while. Its ruthless, but economical. Plus every RB turns into a headcase, especially the good ones as they start circling the drain...... Zeke, Lynch, Lacy, Gurley, AP, ect. You basically have to go back to Alstott, Emmit, and maybe Sanders before that to find a top end RB who did not mentally melt down at some point in their career. Maybe Frank Gore? It is definitely the position you never sink money into.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't they realize they're in first place!?!?
And will be for a while, until another team in that shitshow division manages to win a second game. So yeah two wins will lead that division through mid-season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Several teams, notably the Pats and a little bit here in GB have been using that strategy for a while. Its ruthless, but economical. Plus every RB turns into a headcase, especially the good ones as they start circling the drain...... Zeke, Lynch, Lacy, Gurley, AP, ect. You basically have to go back to Alstott, Emmit, and maybe Sanders before that to find a top end RB who did not mentally melt down at some point in their career. Maybe Frank Gore? It is definitely the position you never sink money into.

I've said it countless times here, but I think Frank Gore should be a no doubt HoF'er. Dude was a consistent thousand yard rusher for like a decade. When you look at the RB position today that's fucking phenomenal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah Gore should be in the HOF, no doubt. He is probably the closest we will ever get to someone as prolific as Jim Brown (the GOAT imo) at the position in the salary cap era.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I can see a RB in the first round, especially toward the end of it. RB's tend to peak mid 20s, so drafting them can ocassionally be a good move for a team. Giving a long contract to a RB is sheer stupidity though.
Yes that is a good point, towards the end of the 1st round would make sense, especially since you get that 5th year option for relatively cheap.

In other news. While I don't actually see this happening, it would be crazy if it did.

• 1Wow!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I can see Julio being sought but who would be interested in Ryan?
Fair point, especially with that contract. And really, both of their contracts are going to make it exceedingly difficult to move them, unless Atlanta agrees to pay some of it.