NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only thing I want for Julio is a ring, and I don't think any serious SB contenders can afford him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty bad.
Sweet note though, Prescott missed half of last week’s game and all of this week’s game and is STILL the league leader in passing yards. He was definitely on pace for MVP.

Even if they won their division at 7-9, they weren't giving MVP to guy with a losing record. Wilson has been the clear lead for MVP since Week 1.

A guy who I think should quietly be up higher on MVP lists, though? Tannehill.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if teams like Dallas are trying to deal for Fitz since Tua is going to be the starter. Feel bad for the dude he gets benched playing the best football of his career

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, wonder if he'll get dealt or something. Hard to feel bad for a dude playing QB and who's somehow racked up 71 million bucks through his career but this kinda shit has to be pretty rough to deal with.

Fitzmagic" said:
“I basically got fired yesterday, and today my day consisted of Zoom meetings with the guy that fired me and sitting in a room with the guy who replaced me for four hours,” he said. “Is this it? Was that my last game in the NFL, being a starter?”

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Even if they won their division at 7-9, they weren't giving MVP to guy with a losing record. Wilson has been the clear lead for MVP since Week 1.

A guy who I think should quietly be up higher on MVP lists, though? Tannehill.

I think Tannehill could get a few votes. I don't see Wilson giving up the lead based on his body of work though. Sacks taken in their first 4 seasons: Tannehill - 184, Luck - 115, Wilson - 164. David Carr had 204 sacks in his first 4 seasons.

Looking back at the 2012 QB draft class, it's pretty clear Wilson is #1, and a little surprising Tannehill is going to be #2 (Can thank meddling ownership for ruining Luck and RG3 I suppose). They both get credit for being iron men in their own way; taking an almost epic level beating behind crappy O-lines and never faltering (Wilson), or bouncing back from injuries incurred by a crappy O-line (Tannehill).

I wonder if teams like Dallas are trying to deal for Fitz since Tua is going to be the starter. Feel bad for the dude he gets benched playing the best football of his career

I feel bad for him too. Wish it didn't have to be like this, but the bye is the best time to make the switch. Sadly, it's a business. You have to know what you have in Tua at some point, and the bye is the best transitioning point (Miami's original bye was wk11, but that got flipped). There is an opening to take the division. The Bills and Patriots may be better teams than the Dolphins, but they have flaws of their own. Fitz isn't going to make the plays to get us past them. He still threw 2 boneheaded INT's against the Jets. The best chance is to roll the dice with Tua.

If he wants a trade I hope they oblige him.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand this move from Seattle. I get that AB used to be arguably the best WR in football, but why risk taking him now? You have 2 great WR's, and another couple of good ones (and I think Gordon is still around too?). Why in the world would you risk bringing that cancer into the locker room?

As a Seahawks hater, and since the 49ers are pretty much done thanks to injuries, I am all for it! SIGN HIM ASAP, SEATLLE!

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Several teams, notably the Pats and a little bit here in GB have been using that strategy for a while. Its ruthless, but economical. Plus every RB turns into a headcase, especially the good ones as they start circling the drain...... Zeke, Lynch, Lacy, Gurley, AP, ect. You basically have to go back to Alstott, Emmit, and maybe Sanders before that to find a top end RB who did not mentally melt down at some point in their career. Maybe Frank Gore? It is definitely the position you never sink money into.

AP is probably the most recent all time great I can think of

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, without the ridiculous yearlong suspension he's sitting at #3 all time in rushing yards. And who knows, maybe he doesn't get the backseat treatment afterwards either. Nevermind the ACL tear wasted year.

Fadaar

That guy
yeah unless he suffered another injury or something he'd likely still be with the Vikings pushing 18k+ yds

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand this move from Seattle. I get that AB used to be arguably the best WR in football, but why risk taking him now? You have 2 great WR's, and another couple of good ones (and I think Gordon is still around too?). Why in the world would you risk bringing that cancer into the locker room?

As a Seahawks hater, and since the 49ers are pretty much done thanks to injuries, I am all for it! SIGN HIM ASAP, SEATLLE!

DK, Lockett and AB on the field at the same time. You literally cant defend that. How would this be a bad signing. Hes gonna come cheap and motivated. And if Gordon ever gets reinstated that top 4 is fucking insane.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
And will be for a while, until another team in that shitshow division manages to win a second game. So yeah two wins will lead that division through mid-season.
Cowboys will pick up a third win this weekend. Likely division clenching win.

• 2Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Fuck man already had Fournette going to Tampa 3 days after I did my fantasy draft and picked Ronald Jones, don't need AB potentially swiping targets from Metcalf.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Gruden also said he is concerned for Trent Brown's health, and this may actually be a case where one could be concerned about Covid. Trent Brown is a fucking MASSIVE human being, 6'8 380lbs. Pretty sure that is not all muscle.
DK, Lockett and AB on the field at the same time. You literally cant defend that. How would this be a bad signing. Hes gonna come cheap and motivated. And if Gordon ever gets reinstated that top 4 is fucking insane.
You are assuming AB comes out and is still a top tier talent, and comes with zero drama. Go ahead and roll the dice on that. Could work out, could blow up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
2 words... Percy Harvin

*edit* and we need defensive help... not offensive. If we had a D that could reliably stop teams more than twice a game we'd be blowing people out

Last edited:
  • 2Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Josh Gordon and AB. It's the All World 2017 WR core with a lot of unnecessary headache. I remember people arguing with me on this board that AB was a better receiver than Julio. Those were the days.