NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What an exciting and wonderful morning for the NFL! It's like 31 teams just won the lotto!

I think Brady goes to the Bucs. Arians has been very successful making potent offenses and Brady would have some elite tools to throw to. Not only would the 49ers have won with Brady, the Bucs would have made the playoffs with him last year. It also sends him far, far away from the AFC. I'd love to see Rivers with the Colts where he has the best chance to succeed. With the Pats, they should just stick with Stidham and draft Eason with their first pick. Fromm with their 2nd, and Cole McDonald with their first 3rd rounder.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess I'm alone here but I feel like Cooper is a #2 WR. That is going to be an albatross of a contract.

I can't see Brady on the Buccs and if he is crazy enough to come to the Chargers then may God have mercy on his soul!
I was one of the people that was furious when they traded a #1 pick for him, and I have had to admit how wrong I was. I have watched basically every Cowboys game since Amari arrived in Dallas. I'm good with the deal. He made Dak A LOT better.

That said, when shit is going bad, he is a sulking, cry baby mother fucker. The old Raider's Amari did show up for a lot of games when the team wasn't doing well. He isn't a team leader or motivator. He is a bit of a front runner that puts games out of reach when they already have the lead.

He is a #1 talent. The offense was vastly improved when he showed up. In some ways, giving him the money also protects that #1 pick investment they gave up for him.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What an exciting and wonderful morning for the NFL! It's like 31 teams just won the lotto!

I think Brady goes to the Bucs. Arians has been very successful making potent offenses and Brady would have some elite tools to throw to. Not only would the 49ers have won with Brady, the Bucs would have made the playoffs with him last year. It also sends him far, far away from the AFC. I'd love to see Rivers with the Colts where he has the best chance to succeed. With the Pats, they should just stick with Stidham and draft Eason with their first pick. Fromm with their 2nd, and Cole McDonald with their first 3rd rounder.

The Chargers coach wants a mobile QB which is why Rivers was run out of town. Brady is not that. How ever im sure the owners want Brady because he will suddenly make the Chargers relevant in LA. Rumor is they offered him around 30mil. Thats going to eat up a lot of money the team needs to be superbowl caliber. Given all this the more I think about it the more the Buccs make sense. I'm just glad they moved on from Winston. I think Brady would have a lot of say In Tampa. I think if they were smart they would let Brady have all the say he wants on the Chargers too but I don't think Lynn would lile that.

TLDR will be interesting to see who on the Chargers wins, the Lynn or Spanos.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I don't think 43 year old Tom Brady is going to lead any team to the SB, including the Patriots. A team could lead him to one similar to Denver and Manning but you could probably plug in half a dozen other QBs and get the same result. His biggest value is in experience and performing under pressure but his overall performance isn't good enough anymore. Everyone talks about "Bills system" but the Patriots offense is really Brady's system, completely tailored to him over years with a compliment of offensive weapons who are so used to him they know what hes going to do just by looking at him and make up for his faults and diminishing talent. The Patriots playbook has been called the hardest to learn in the league by far by numerous players.

The rumor I'm hearing is that Brady wants 2 years+ minimum and money greater than what he made last year. Bill offered him 1 year and less money than he made last year. Apparently he got upset/insulted with the offer, Bill asked him to get back to him with a counter offer, and he decided to move on without ever getting back to Bill. It sucks that there's a chance he could wear another uniform to end his career but Bill needed to decide between probably not winning the SB for the next 2 years with Brady or rebuilding 2 years earlier. It looks like he tried to compromise by going 1 year and what he saw as fair value to try to add an additional offensive weapon to help and Brady got insulted and decided it was time to bounce.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The Chargers coach wants a mobile QB which is why Rivers was run out of town. Brady is not that. How ever im sure the owners want Brady because he will suddenly make the Chargers relevant in LA. Rumor is they offered him around 30mil. Thats going to eat up a lot of money the team needs to be superbowl caliber. Given all this the more I think about it the more the Buccs make sense. I'm just glad they moved on from Winston. I think Brady would have a lot of say In Tampa. I think if they were smart they would let Brady have all the say he wants on the Chargers too but I don't think Lynn would lile that.

TLDR will be interesting to see who on the Chargers wins, the Lynn or Spanos.

Yeah, the Chargers are a dumpster fire and Brady's last option. He can win with the talent on the Bucs and Arians loves his older, more cerebral QBs. I bet it eats at him that he couldn't get Winston over the hump, and Winston has always been childish. Who doesn't get their eyes checked until they've already played 4 years in the NFL? Guy just wasn't serious enough about winning even if I buy that excuse.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I was one of the people that was furious when they traded a #1 pick for him, and I have had to admit how wrong I was. I have watched basically every Cowboys game since Amari arrived in Dallas. I'm good with the deal. He made Dak A LOT better.

That said, when shit is going bad, he is a sulking, cry baby mother fucker. The old Raider's Amari did show up for a lot of games when the team wasn't doing well. He isn't a team leader or motivator. He is a bit of a front runner that puts games out of reach when they already have the lead.

He is a #1 talent. The offense was vastly improved when he showed up. In some ways, giving him the money also protects that #1 pick investment they gave up for him.

I thought the original Cooper deal was an amazing steal for the Boys and I still do. He's a #1 WR, not the best in the game but as you said, he makes his QB a lot better. I don't give a shit about his crybaby ways. He's a WR. They are all bitches. His ability to make an average NFL QB look like he's good cannot be overstated. Dak looked like utter trash before that deal(that season).

He may not be worth 20 a year but none of the QBs are worth their money either, lol. Jerrah always overpays and I knew he would again. I can't wait to see how much Dak robs him. Hoping the first $50 per year deal with 180 guaranteed over 10 years....lol!

• 3Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think Cam makes way more sense on the Chargers than Brady.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that sucks. I thought the Cowboys had Quinn for at least a few years. That guy was awesome.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Cam Newton is not mentally healthy.

You don't say...

iu

iu

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Colts are finalizing a deal with Rivers. I know what team I am rooting for this year.

Panthers are working on a deal with Teddy Throwsavelt.

• 3Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Colts are finalizing a deal with Rivers. I know what team I am rooting for this year.

Panthers are working on a deal with Teddy Throwsavelt.

Not unexpected. He'll get to play with an elite line which isn't something he's had in awhile. Bridgewater getting a starting gig is good.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Not unexpected. He'll get to play with an elite line which isn't something he's had in awhile. Bridgewater getting a starting gig is good.
This is what I expected given Rivers and Reichs history.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm, I don't see Bridgewater being successful with the Panthers but I can understand not wanting to spend your prime years warming a bench behind one of the all time greats who might have 2-3 productive seasons left in him.

• 1Like