NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Brady also benefitted from being in the weakest division in the history of football. Seriously the NFC least could be this bad for five more years and they still would not have the run of dogshit the AFC East has had, minus the Pats. Starting last year, that began to change with the Fins and Bills getting their heads out of their asses. NFC North consistently put two to three teams in the playoffs over most of that same stretch. Butfumble is literally the last team to challenge their dominion of that division. Point being, it was time to make the move because the balance in the AFC East is rapidly changing and a couple of down years rebuilding is better than a last gasp and a decade of Jets level futility.

I know we like to harp on this a lot, and it's not wrong that their division sucked for most of those years, but from the 2001-2019 seasons, the Pats went 134-44 against the rest of the league outside their division. Note that's not including the 2008 season when Brady got hurt week 1...although they still went 11-5 that year and 7-3 outside of the AFC East.

Only twice did they have as bad as a 5-5 record outside of their division over that span. Out of those 18 years, in 11 of them they went 8-2 or better against the rest of the league.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ya the division argument has been used by lesser football minds. High IQ football minds realize that Brady and the Patriots kicked the shit out of every team and every division. The by product of being the best for 20 years was that the were forced to play the other division winners every year, and all they did was beat them too.

The Patriots made an organizational decision that the end was near for Brady, the decision was almost made 2 years ago when Belichick wanted to trade Brady instead of Garoppolo. The Patriots were wrong then and they are wrong now. They passed on two more championships on the basis that because Brady couldn’t win last year with garbage, that he wasn’t worth investing in with more talented players.

And now the greatest NFL player of all time is about to show them the mistake they made by winning a championship with some dogshit coach in a nothing NFL city. Infuriating as a Pats fan.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
yeah, their divisional win pct and their first place schedule win pct were very close during that span. The 2nd to 4th place win pct is middle of the road compared to other divisions and the number of wildcard teams out of the AFC East is also middle of the road among divisions. It obviously hasn't been a great division, but people massively overstate how bad it is.

Fadaar

That guy
Brady never won a single Super Bowl by himself. He didn’t play a down of defense and didn’t run routes or run the ball or block. The stupidity sports fans use to attribute wins to a single player on a 52 man team is beyond ridiculous and idiotic.

His skills as a QB are not questionable but not other worldly. He’s not even the best at his position in history of the league.

Facts first.

um excuse me sir, brady did run a route once in the super bowl. it failed miserably.

• 1Worf

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Best QB sneak executor ever, but never ran the ball. Made valiant attempt to tackle Atlanta Falcon DB during pick 6 in super
Bowl, but never played defense. Laid vicious blocks during reverses with no regard for his body, but never blocked.

To all you new guys posting here, remember, if Kaines is on your side, you’re wrong. If he likes your post, delete it. If he responds in agreement with your post, edit it. The sun rises, the sun sets, and Kaines has the worst takes and knowledge on football. Facts, not opinions.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Best QB sneak executor ever, but never ran the ball. Made valiant attempt to tackle Atlanta Falcon DB during pick 6 in super
Bowl, but never played defense. Laid vicious blocks during reverses with no regard for his body, but never blocked.

To all you new guys posting here, remember, if Kaines is on your side, you’re wrong. If he likes your post, delete it. If he responds in agreement with your post, edit it. The sun rises, the sun sets, and Kaines has the worst takes and knowledge on football. Facts, not opinions.
Everything this man says is true.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Rams player has covid but they haven't revealed who it is for some reason.

That's like the 3rd time someone has gotten covid after playing the Seachickens....

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Steelers fan concerned about charges. Now that’s what I call comedy. Oh if they were true that would be an issue?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn Uber, your trolling has become as terrible as your team.

Concerned? Not at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Ya the division argument has been used by lesser football minds. High IQ football minds realize that Brady and the Patriots kicked the shit out of every team and every division. The by product of being the best for 20 years was that the were forced to play the other division winners every year, and all they did was beat them too.

The Patriots made an organizational decision that the end was near for Brady, the decision was almost made 2 years ago when Belichick wanted to trade Brady instead of Garoppolo. The Patriots were wrong then and they are wrong now. They passed on two more championships on the basis that because Brady couldn’t win last year with garbage, that he wasn’t worth investing in with more talented players.

And now the greatest NFL player of all time is about to show them the mistake they made by winning a championship with some dogshit coach in a nothing NFL city. Infuriating as a Pats fan.

But Uber, it's still basically the same garbage there, only you have Edelman hurt and hoping guys like Meyers and Harris can carry a Brady led Pats team to the Super Bowl? Not going to happen. Brady looks as good as he does again because he has fucking Godwin, Evans, AB now, Gronk, Brate, Rojo, Fournette...it's crazy.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, Jameis Winston is better than teddy Birdgewater. I dont know how any Saints fan can be upset that they let him go for Winston. I would be happy. Birdgewater is so limited. Yea, hes a great person, is efficient and can win you games by not being a disaster unlike Winston, but Winston can also fuck around and throw for 300+ yards 3, 4 games in a row and can fuel an offense to put up points by pushing the ball downfield. We all know about the turnovers, but he is just a better option than Teddy IMO.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
But Uber, it's still basically the same garbage there, only you have Edelman hurt and hoping guys like Meyers and Harris can carry a Brady led Pats team to the Super Bowl? Not going to happen. Brady looks as good as he does again because he has fucking Godwin, Evans, AB now, Gronk, Brate, Rojo, Fournette...it's crazy.

Unsurprisingly you failed to understand high IQ football talk. I specifically said (for the low IQ football brains) that the patriots made the decision that because Brady couldn’t win with garbage, he was not worth investing in with more talented players. That was a GM decision, and has been proven to be wrong. Had the Patriots realized that Brady got those bums to the playoffs, and then lost to a good Titans team, there was a lot of good football left in Brady. They should have been in on Diggs and Hopkins, pursued OBJ or Thielen, but they made the wrong decision. Had they landed Hopkins and Diggs, as I hoped they would, then Brady would be back to shitting on the NFL and leading the Patriots to two but more than likely four championships. Those are just the facts, I’ll leave the opinions to the low IQ guys and Bengals fans.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Honestly, Jameis Winston is better than teddy Birdgewater. I dont know how any Saints fan can be upset that they let him go for Winston. I would be happy. Birdgewater is so limited. Yea, hes a great person, is efficient and can win you games by not being a disaster unlike Winston, but Winston can also fuck around and throw for 300+ yards 3, 4 games in a row and can fuel an offense to put up points by pushing the ball downfield. We all know about the turnovers, but he is just a better option than Teddy IMO.

I wanted the bears to sign Winston. He needed to shoot for 40 TD/40 int. He would make bears football interesting again.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Raiders whole defense just got put on Covid list. NFL always holding down the man.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Unsurprisingly you failed to understand high IQ football talk. I specifically said (for the low IQ football brains) that the patriots made the decision that because Brady couldn’t win with garbage, he was not worth investing in with more talented players. That was a GM decision, and has been proven to be wrong. Had the Patriots realized that Brady got those bums to the playoffs, and then lost to a good Titans team, there was a lot of good football left in Brady. They should have been in on Diggs and Hopkins, pursued OBJ or Thielen, but they made the wrong decision. Had they landed Hopkins and Diggs, as I hoped they would, then Brady would be back to shitting on the NFL and leading the Patriots to two but more than likely four championships. Those are just the facts, I’ll leave the opinions to the low IQ guys and Bengals fans.

Unsurprisingly your version of High IQ football talk is "I watch some and think I know shit, but I'm actually dumb".

While I absolutely agree they should have been in on Hopkins (I mean, fuck...every team in the league should have been in on Hopkins if they had known O'brien would trade him away for a washed up RB making too much this year and a 2nd), just getting one of those guys would not transform the Pats into what Tampa has around him that allows him to succeed. That's just fantasy land for you.

Also with all the opt outs this year from the Pats defense, the Tampa D is superior. For your low IQ football mind, I'll sum it up...you chase one of those big name receivers to give to Brady, and the Pats still make the playoffs and still win one game there at best.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Once again your opinion is wrong. Patriots get Hopkins and Diggs, Brady decides to stay, no Patriots opt out. They are once again guaranteed a super bowl victory. Those are the facts.

Very unsurprised you didn’t acknowledge your mistake when quoting me originally, typical retard behavior.

Just take the L and move along, like I forced Kaines to do.