NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's funny b/c I actually drafted Edmonds late to be Drake's handcuff. All year been hearing about how if Drake was out, Edmunds is so much more efficient. Gets his shot last week, and mostly busts (I mean, he had something like 80 or 90 total yards, but on almost 30 touches). This week, Drake of course comes back and I have no idea what kind of split they are going to do, so I start Edmonds figuring they throw him the ball at least. Basically scored about the same, just wish 1 got most/all the work.

Fucking Thomas and Drake. Thank goodness I was able to trade for Ridley right after Thomas got hurt, pretty much helped keep me afloat until now. 4-6 after this week, though. 2 weeks ago lose by 1.2 because Rojo fumbles and they bench him. Never could trust starting him again, of course this week he fumbles but doesn't get benched and goes off for almost 200 yards. Lose by 0.66. Worst fantasy year ever.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
DeAndre Hopkins stats over his first 7 seasons is ridiculous. 2nd all time in catches over thst span, is leading the league in catches and yards again (behind Diggs barely).

Bill O'Brien is a fucking idiot. Paid Tunsil 22 million a year for THREE years. Why??? Traded a 3rd round pick for....Duke Johnson Jr....

and then traded Hopkins...lmao

Em5-vKtUUAAR4dW.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
DeAndre Hopkins stats over his first 7 seasons is ridiculous. 2nd all time in catches over thst span, is leading the league in catches and yards again (behind Diggs barely).

Bill O'Brien is a fucking idiot. Paid Tunsil 22 million a year for THREE years. Why??? Traded a 3rd round pick for....Duke Johnson Jr....

and then traded Hopkins...lmao

View attachment 318089
Yeah why did it have to be to the fucking NFC West.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No shit. He single handedly destroyed the 49ers week 1. Murray is starting to worry me. Already have to deal with Wilson...now we are going to have to see fucking Murray run for 1st downs on 3rd and long for the next decade.

I liked Josh Rosen Cardinals.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
This is on the Aints organization. They should have kept Bridgewater. You could see the fall off in Brees last year. That team is now in freefall. NFC Championship is going to be the Packers getting destroyed by whatever team survives the NFC West, like most years.
So do you agree with how the Pats handled Brady? It’s very easy to play Monday morning quarterback, but you never know if a guy is just mailing it in because he’s complacent.

Merrith

No shit. He single handedly destroyed the 49ers week 1. Murray is starting to worry me. Already have to deal with Wilson...now we are going to have to see fucking Murray run for 1st downs on 3rd and long for the next decade.

I liked Josh Rosen Cardinals.

Sad thing is, I think Klingsbury's system/playcalling fucks him over a bunch forcing him to have to use his crazy running to convert so many 3rd and longs. That offense could be absolutely terrifying in the hands of someone like Andy Reid.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So do you agree with how the Pats handled Brady? It’s very easy to play Monday morning quarterback, but you never know if a guy is just mailing it in because he’s complacent.
As someone who is a Favre fan, yes I do. At some point you have to start looking to the future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

As someone who is a Favre fan, yes I do. At some point you have to start looking to the future.

At some point, yeah. Tough to keep asking Bridgewater to wait behind Brees, though, when starting spots open for him elsewhere. Also a big part of why that prediction of the Packers getting destroyed in the NFC Championship game by an NFC West team is because they were thinking about some weird 5 years down the road future instead of this year through the next couple with their first 2 picks.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t get the Favre comparison, mine as well say Flacco at that point. Brady is in a class by himself and incomparable to all other quarterbacks. But halfway through the season the Pats completely mishandled Brady, he left, they got nothing, and he wasn’t slipping skills wise.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's better than anyone on the Raiders.

Than our rushers? Yep, not a doubt. But he's not worth more than our quarterback and that's the kind of money he wanted. And when he was here our defense still sucked.

The money he wanted went instead to building a solid team and we are now in the hunt. We beat New Orleans and KC. We have a legitimate shot and Chicago sucks. Fuck Khalil Mack.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don’t get the Favre comparison, mine as well say Flacco at that point. Brady is in a class by himself and incomparable to all other quarterbacks. But halfway through the season the Pats completely mishandled Brady, he left, they got nothing, and he wasn’t slipping skills wise.
Favre, like Brady now, had a couple good years left in him but not many. He also did not exit entirely gracefully. And like GB was, NE will be a lot better off in two years by trading away their football jesus while there is still a little tread on the tire. Tampa Bay has maybe a two year window to win or bust, pretty much exactly like the Vikings did with Favre. Old Number Four will always be my favorite player, but it was time for him to move on and the team was better doing it then. New Orleans should have taken the same path and nudged Brees out, especially since he is not any wear near as durable as Favre or Brady were. And like you I did not believe this at the time, but objective hindsight changed my stance from the emotional one I had at the time they let Favre go.

• 2Like

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
You are still wrong in comparing Favre and Brady. Favre won 1 Super Bowl. Brady has won 6. When you say Favre had a couple good years left, all that means is he was the same guy not winning anything. When Brady has good years left that means Super Bowls. I would gladly trade 10 years of mediocrity for two more Super Bowls with Brady. You go on to say they traded him away, which is just untrue, he left with no compensation. No franchise tag, no nothing. Compare Brees and Favre, that’s fine. But you fail to understand how great Brady is, and anyone who suggests the Patriots should have kicked away three super bowl appearances and two championships over the next four years with Brady, so they can be the Packers now? Who have won one championship with Rodgers. That’s just fucking retarded. Win now, fuck the future.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pats weren't going to win the Super Bowl with Brady and neither are the Bucs.

• 1Truth!

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I try to stick to the facts, not opinions. I appreciate your opinion on the matter though. I’ll register the Bengals fans opinion in the ledger.

Merrith

I disagree that he wasn't slipping skills wise. I think we overestimated how much that was the end all, be all reason for his drop in production over his last couple seasons there...especially when you consider what the talent difference in the weapons around him has allowed him to do this year. I do think the skills have slipped some, it's just much more clear that the biggest problem between the Pats offense and Tampa's is that his skills are still more than up to the task with talent around him greater than just Edelman making a bunch of catches.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Brady also benefitted from being in the weakest division in the history of football. Seriously the NFC least could be this bad for five more years and they still would not have the run of dogshit the AFC East has had, minus the Pats. Starting last year, that began to change with the Fins and Bills getting their heads out of their asses. NFC North consistently put two to three teams in the playoffs over most of that same stretch. Butfumble is literally the last team to challenge their dominion of that division. Point being, it was time to make the move because the balance in the AFC East is rapidly changing and a couple of down years rebuilding is better than a last gasp and a decade of Jets level futility.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Brady never won a single Super Bowl by himself. He didn’t play a down of defense and didn’t run routes or run the ball or block. The stupidity sports fans use to attribute wins to a single player on a 52 man team is beyond ridiculous and idiotic.

His skills as a QB are not questionable but not other worldly. He’s not even the best at his position in history of the league.

Facts first.

• 2Like