NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Sterling

El Presidente
still can't believe the Bucs lost to this trashcan of a team and embarrassed the Packers in back to back weeks
Because Bears do on occasion have an actual pass rush. Your guys have literally no idea what to do when that happens.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It remains to be seen I think. The Pats did have some big players opt out of the season. Imagine if Bill gets in striking distance in the draft of a QB he likes?

Yeah, I agree. I just like shitting on the Pats. They still have Bill so it's not like they don't have one of the most important parts already. There are supposedly five Round 1 worthy QBs. It will be interesting if he finally drafts a guy early. I've found Bill to be an average drafter at best and a great teacher and enabler of talent. His system works but he misses a lot like everyone else. He doesn't mind since he always drafts later.

He may have the worst coaching tree in history(for a top coach) but I think his best 'protégé' is Flores who he has to play twice a year. Cam Newton is a really bad QB. I loved when the talking heads fellated that move. Guy was never a really good 'QB'.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cam Newton is a really bad QB. I loved when the talking heads fellated that move. Guy was never a really good 'QB'.

Who did he pass up to sign Cam that was definitely better? Like maybe he could have started courting Bridgewater before the Panthers got him, I dunno what the time frame was on the various signings.

• 2Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I agree. I just like shitting on the Pats. They still have Bill so it's not like they don't have one of the most important parts already. There are supposedly five Round 1 worthy QBs. It will be interesting if he finally drafts a guy early. I've found Bill to be an average drafter at best and a great teacher and enabler of talent. His system works but he misses a lot like everyone else. He doesn't mind since he always drafts later.

He may have the worst coaching tree in history(for a top coach) but I think his best 'protégé' is Flores who he has to play twice a year. Cam Newton is a really bad QB. I loved when the talking heads fellated that move. Guy was never a really good 'QB'.
I definitely agree with you on Bill's lackluster drafting for sure. He should end up with a much better pick than normal though and maybe that makes a difference.

It is crazy how bad his coaching tree has been record wise once they have moved on.

Newton had an amazing year when he got the MVP but to me that Super Bowl and specifically that fumble changed him. He just always seems mopey and aloof. I know he was always a weird dude but he just doesn't seem to inspire teammates. His throwing motion and fundamentals are just terrible at this point and he isn't as quick as he used to be. The Pat's kinda had to make the move for him or I thought Jameis honestly though. They needed someone once they realized what they had on the roster wasn't gonna do it. There was a distinct reason that Cam was still available at that time though beyond his recent injury history.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who did he pass up to sign Cam that was definitely better? Like maybe he could have started courting Bridgewater before the Panthers got him, I dunno what the time frame was on the various signings.
Its hard to say at the point they got Cam but maybe Jameis or Bridgewater earlier. Not too many out there that late though for sure.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think you can go for anyone else, maybe Bridgewater but he surely wasn't gonna go play for 1 million with a max, I think it was, $7.5 for good play. Jameis is as good for the other team as he is for his, Bill would straight up murder him if his td/int ratio remained the same.

Cam not the worst QB in the league and is a cheap rental in a year they had some of the best defensive guys sit out. If your gonna have a down year do it on the cheap.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
in other news, Jalen Hurts got first team reps so maybe get to see Wentz finally get yanked tonight.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I definitely agree with you on Bill's lackluster drafting for sure. He should end up with a much better pick than normal though and maybe that makes a difference.

It is crazy how bad his coaching tree has been record wise once they have moved on.

Newton had an amazing year when he got the MVP but to me that Super Bowl and specifically that fumble changed him. He just always seems mopey and aloof. I know he was always a weird dude but he just doesn't seem to inspire teammates. His throwing motion and fundamentals are just terrible at this point and he isn't as quick as he used to be. The Pat's kinda had to make the move for him or I thought Jameis honestly though. They needed someone once they realized what they had on the roster wasn't gonna do it. There was a distinct reason that Cam was still available at that time though beyond his recent injury history.

To clarify on Newton for both of you, you're both exactly right. Newton was best available and cheap as hell. It was a great decision. I was really just calling out pundits selling fools gold. Newton was a one year wonder and they happen all the time.

That Carolina team just had all the right ingredients that year and Newton went above himself. For another example, I've always thought Flacco was garbage but for that one magical season, nothing could go wrong. Same with Rypien in the 90s, and I think the same with Goff even though its too early on him. Same with Eli except he was able to bottle lightning twice which is pretty damn impressive in a way.

Hell, they still got rings and some elite QBs don't have one. Bill is the best but any chance I can I'll enjoy hard times for the Pats. Even when there are no good options like this year.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Even looking at Cam's MVP season, it wasn't a great year from a statistical perspective. He only threw for 3800 yards, with just under a 60% completion percent. That is an absolute shit completion percent. He did throw for 35 TD's versus 10 interceptions, which is not a bad figure. He also added in an additional 600ish rushing yards.

But his team went 15-1, and he had decent numbers for a QB, so he kinda won by default. His best statistical season as a QB is probably still not even top 20 all time.

• 1Truth!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its so insane this Wentz situation. His career has been wild from the start. He played great as a rookie and in his 2nd season he was phenomenal, gets hurt Foles wins a SB for the team, he comes back, plays great gets contract and then now is basically the worse QB in the league.

If they cut him next year thats 60! million $ in dead money. After 2021 40 million in dead money! There is NO FUCKING WAY they can cut him until 2023. So either way the Eagles should just stick it out with him, at least maybe if they can get him some help he could salvage something.

the 49ers are terrible this year, and injuries are a major reason for that there is no denying it. But there defense is surprisingly stout against the pass, and now they have Uncle Sherm back. They are ranked 3rd right now against the pass I believe. Other than getting smoked by Miami, the defense has been decent even with all of the injuries. They have lost every single starting DB this season at some point. Bosa gone right away with ACL. Dee Ford a no show and injured, greenlaw was hurt. Only Fred Warner really has been the lone constant. The fact they have 5 wins is insane, look at how tough their schedule is.

edit: it wasnt ever about Cam being a world beater throwing the ball. He was a great weapon on the ground, didnt he have like 10+ rushing TDs that year as well? All he needed to do was keep the defense honest by being able to beat them over the top if they dont respect his arm, and he did.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even looking at Cam's MVP season, it wasn't a great year from a statistical perspective. He only threw for 3800 yards, with just under a 60% completion percent. That is an absolute shit completion percent. He did throw for 35 TD's versus 10 interceptions, which is not a bad figure. He also added in an additional 600ish rushing yards.

But his team went 15-1, and he had decent numbers for a QB, so he kinda won by default. His best statistical season as a QB is probably still not even top 20 all time.

636 rushing yards with 3800 passing is pretty good. 10 Rushing TD as well. 45 combined TD's and almost 4500 combined yards is pretty up there. You look at Lamar Jackson's season last year, he had 1200 yards rushing, but only 3100 and change passing, so less total than Cam. 36 passing TD with 7 rushing TD, also less combined than Cam.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
636 rushing yards with 3800 passing is pretty good. 10 Rushing TD as well. 45 combined TD's and almost 4500 combined yards is pretty up there. You look at Lamar Jackson's season last year, he had 1200 yards rushing, but only 3100 and change passing, so less total than Cam. 36 passing TD with 7 rushing TD, also less combined than Cam.
Yeah, that was a very good season if not an all time kind of season. But the point mostly remains that it was a huge outlier for him. He's really never had another very good season. He's had some that weren't pure shitshow, but none that you'd consider good for a recent MVP.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, I'm a huge fan of the Moneyball concept of looking for QBs on rookie contracts and moving on after their 5 year window unless greatness is found. Only 4 QBs have been in more than two Superbowls since the salary cap was introduced in 1994. Brady, Rapist, Forehead, and Warner. Lots of blips on the radar. There are 10 QBs I'd keep today without looking to draft a possible replacement. 5 of them are too new to know definitively but are talented and can win. They have the talent to win if you build the team. The other 5 are Rapist (for now), Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, and Hopkins. (Brady and Brees would have been on the list when younger)

The biggest mistake is to spend big money on a Goff, Garapollo, Flacco type talent. Just replace filler QBs every 5 years.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Will Fuller busted for performance enhancers. Suddenly this season makes sense.

This Ravens/Steelers game shit sucks. I'm down 20 in fantasy going into tonight with Metcalf v. Lockett, which could obviously swing heavy either way...but also Diontae Johnson still to play IF that game ever fucking happens. I picked up Reagor to swap in tonight if they had cancelled the game today, but now it just got pushed back to Wednesday. Sick of this shit let us know on or off so I can at least throw in Reagor tonight for a chance.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This Ravens/Steelers game shit sucks. I'm down 20 in fantasy going into tonight with Metcalf v. Lockett, which could obviously swing heavy either way...but also Diontae Johnson still to play IF that game ever fucking happens. I picked up Reagor to swap in tonight if they had cancelled the game today, but now it just got pushed back to Wednesday. Sick of this shit let us know on or off so I can at least throw in Reagor tonight for a chance.
Lol yup. Too good to be true this guy lasts a full season healthy. Sucks for him because hes a good player going into a contract year. But now we know why!

• 1Truth!

Nester

Vyemm Raider

I need 19 points from lockett and my K tucker.

I assume zero from tucker this week due to COVID :(

Lockett needs a big game.