NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You guys would be about the limit of how far down I'd want to trade. Simmons might be gone by then, though. But I wouldn't mind Okudah or whichever LT we think is best there, plus whatever extra draft capital you'd offer to move up.
A lot of fans want us to draft Simmons. If Telesco doesn't think any of these QBs are franchise guys I hope they draft him or the best lineman.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A lot of fans want us to draft Simmons. If Telesco doesn't think any of these QBs are franchise guys I hope they draft him or the best lineman.

It's pretty clear that in the top 6 picks, Burrow, Tua, and Chase Young will all be gone. There's the one really good DT (that the Skins don't need so can't remember his name) along with Simmons and Okudah as the tier below Young for defensive studs, plus a group of 3-5 OT's that will likely go in top 10-15 picks. If we were to trade out of #2, I'd love to get Simmons at Miami or Charger's pick (#5 or #6). He'd be my first want

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
It's pretty clear that in the top 6 picks, Burrow, Tua, and Chase Young will all be gone. There's the one really good DT (that the Skins don't need so can't remember his name) along with Simmons and Okudah as the tier below Young for defensive studs, plus a group of 3-5 OT's that will likely go in top 10-15 picks. If we were to trade out of #2, I'd love to get Simmons at Miami or Charger's pick (#5 or #6). He'd be my first want
Not taking Young at 2 just seems real awkward. I mean i get trading out of it if someone gives you enough shit, but it feels like the random bullshit about your guys taking tua at that spot is just the usual draft rumor shit. The trade spot seems likely at 3. I'd really prefer Miami not to go absurdly crazy to trade up 2 or 3 spots, but who the fuck knows at this point. I'd rather just stay in the spot and take the best player avaiable since they need a bunch of different things especially oline.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Chargers signed Chris Harris and Linval Joseph. Nice offseason so far if these older free agents still got It.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Chargers signed Chris Harris and Linval Joseph. Nice offseason so far if these older free agents still got It.
giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Winston reminds me of high end video game items. Some great stats but also some shitty ones to balance it out. Then you sit there debating whether you should equip it or not.

I just realized Jameis is a lightning sorceress from D2. Fire and ice sources would spit out a steady 3k per spell, but every lightning spell except Nova does 1-5000 damage. Sometimes it's a dud, sometimes it's a touchdown.

• 1Like

Merrith

Not taking Young at 2 just seems real awkward. I mean i get trading out of it if someone gives you enough shit, but it feels like the random bullshit about your guys taking tua at that spot is just the usual draft rumor shit. The trade spot seems likely at 3. I'd really prefer Miami not to go absurdly crazy to trade up 2 or 3 spots, but who the fuck knows at this point. I'd rather just stay in the spot and take the best player avaiable since they need a bunch of different things especially oline.

We just have so many holes that taking Chase Young isn't going to immediately put us over the top or anything. I agree he's the obvious pick, but I still think the best outcome is if Miami and the chargers somehow get in a bidding war over Tua. We don't have a 2nd round pick this year currently, either...which makes a trade back even more attractive.

Sterling

El Presidente
We just have so many holes that taking Chase Young isn't going to immediately put us over the top or anything. I agree he's the obvious pick, but I still think the best outcome is if Miami and the chargers somehow get in a bidding war over Tua. We don't have a 2nd round pick this year currently, either...which makes a trade back even more attractive.
I get why you'd want your guys to trade back, i just don't think that's the spot people looking for tua should trade up to since he should still be there at 3.

Merrith

I get why you'd want your guys to trade back, i just don't think that's the spot people looking for tua should trade up to since he should still be there at 3.

The whole idea would be to make Miami (or you guys) think that we'd either A) just take Tua at 2 because we don't think Haskins is long term answer, or B) that we'd absolutely trade our pick to you guys or Miami so you'd have to offer more.

Honestly there plenty of analysts who think we should take Tua already because they don't believe in Haskins, but clearly in the latter situation one team has to make an actual offer first before we can hope to get a bidding war going. Couple that with the fact no one is going to give up as much as we did in the RG3 deal, and we might just prefer to stay pat at #2 and take Chase I assume.

Sterling

El Presidente
The whole idea would be to make Miami (or you guys) think that we'd either A) just take Tua at 2 because we don't think Haskins is long term answer, or B) that we'd absolutely trade our pick to you guys or Miami so you'd have to offer more.

Honestly there plenty of analysts who think we should take Tua already because they don't believe in Haskins, but clearly in the latter situation one team has to make an actual offer first before we can hope to get a bidding war going. Couple that with the fact no one is going to give up as much as we did in the RG3 deal, and we might just prefer to stay pat at #2 and take Chase I assume.
Yeah, I don't really buy you guys taking Tua. And I honestly don't care if Chargers or someone want to give you guys a crazy amount for the pick to take him. If that's what's happening I'd rather go Oline or Simmons or whoever the best player at 5 is.

Merrith

Yeah, I don't really buy you guys taking Tua. And I honestly don't care if Chargers or someone want to give you guys a crazy amount for the pick to take him. If that's what's happening I'd rather go Oline or Simmons or whoever the best player at 5 is.

I'm hoping we don't take Tua. Haskins showed some actual progress towards the end of last year, and we just have so many holes to fill that taking Tua there would be rough. Unless he's the shit.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Some analysts think Tua will be the best QB in the draft. I think he's worth moving up for talent wise. I don't have warm fuzzys about Herbert. His decision making has not been great. He seems exactly the kind of guy our GM would want though. I might prefer Love to him.

I'm hoping we either get Tua or take Simmons or Bekton or something at 6 and try to get Love in round 2.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So much for everyone in the Rams organization who have been saying "Oh he's fine, it's just a superbowl hangover, everything is fine." for the last year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean any kind of shitty trade at all has to be better than a flat out release right?

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I mean any kind of shitty trade at all has to be better than a flat out release right?
If they are willing to take on an extra &3 million against the cap to get rid of him, then he might not have been able to pass a physical for trade purposes

• 1Like