NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Sterling

El Presidente
Eh, not really that true. I think the issue is what they're going to have to pay Ramsey.

Next year they can cut Gurley for little impact I believe. They'll have cap opening up as the cap increases, maybe they're trying to be smarter with it now.
Ok cap hell might have been overstating it, but cap inflexible and not having draft stock is definitely not a good position to be in. But at least your guys didn't just sign Jordan Howard for 2/10.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ok cap hell might have been overstating it, but cap inflexible and not having draft stock is definitely not a good position to be in. But at least your guys didn't just sign Jordan Howard for 2/10.
They don't have first round picks and they'll get a bunch of 3rds for this. I'm ok with that personally. They're now not paying people I consider expendable (and I imagine they do as well). I think they've drafted well with those 2nd-4th round picks.

The cap will go up and we'll be able to get out of some of these deals one way or the other. I'm hoping they do more to improve the o-line and I guarantee you they have a plan or two to fill in the gaps on defense.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Looking back this was pretty predictable. The Rams went all in mortgaging the future to get a shot at the Superbowl. They got it and now they're paying the price. Maybe it's a bit worse than expected because Goff and Gurley haven't become what they hoped they would, but they had to know when they were throwing money at free agents and trading draft picks that the chickens would be coming home to roost in a couple of years. If they had won the Superbowl people would probably say it was worth it but they didn't. To quote Al Swearengen, "Not every fracas is a victory chief".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Or they're losing replaceable pieces like every team does and have to fill those gaps in the draft and FA. I'm not all that down on Goff. Our o-line needs to be fixed before anything else good can happen. They thought they had the guys last year and it turned out to be wrong, we were still within a FG of the playoffs in the NFC West. We had a letdown after a crushing SB defeat.

I'm not so doom and gloom myself.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Life long Bucs fan checking in!

View attachment 254829

1584567955273.png

• 18Worf
Reactions: 17 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That said the NFC West is an absolute bitch, especially if the Cards get better like I suspect they will.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The constant in this story is the same constant in the Brown and Clowney stories. They all wanted raises and BoB didn't want to give it to their demands. So all 3 of them were sent packing.

With the trading away Hopkins (thus eating his dead money), taking on David Johnson, and signing Cobb, the Texans are spending a lot more than it would have cost them to redo Hopkins' deal AND took a massive talent hit.

You suck BoB.

Man it sucks to be a Houston sports fan.
I have some fun giving you a hard tome about your Stros, but BoB is fucking you without lube and no one deserves that.

Least you have those 5-0 Roughnecks !

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
View attachment 255026

The difference between Hopkins and Brown & Clowney, is that Hopkins was still under contract for another 3 seasons.

It was retarded, and you are retarded to think that this was a smart move.

*sigh*

The vid man.

Worst. Deal. Ever.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So apparently no signings have been officially announced because the player must pass the physical 1st. With team facilities being closed, flights being cancelled, doctors offices being overwhelmed etc...No announcements.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That said the NFC West is an absolute bitch, especially if the Cards get better like I suspect they will.
I think the Cards are going to get much better.

The 49ers haven't signed any outside FA's, and are losing Buckner and (most likely) Emmanuel Sanders. Other than that they have their entire starting roster back, plus #13 overall which I assume they are going to take one of those top 3 WR's. But even with that, repeating as NFC West champs, much less NFC champs is going to be really tough. Should be a fun season (if we get one!)

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
So apparently no signings have been officially announced because the player must pass the physical 1st. With team facilities being closed, flights being cancelled, doctors offices being overwhelmed etc...No announcements.
So you are saying that David Johnson could fail his physical with the Texans and this trade will be voided?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
It's all a ruse. Brady will resign with the Pats and pull the biggest Rickroll of the century on the NFL.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Chargers were not as appealing as the Buccs. Let that sink in. I've never been so depressed.

That being said The Colts and Buccs will be fun to watch while the Chargers go 7-9.

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The Chargers were not as appealing as the Buccs. Let that sink in. I've never been so depressed.

That being said The Colts and Buccs will be fun to watch while the Chargers go 7-9.

Now this is a true fan. Who here is going to burst this poor man's bubble?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
So you are saying that David Johnson could fail his physical with the Texans and this trade will be voided?

giphy.gif
To expound on this further, with this trade is rescinded and then the current fan fallout from this debacle will cause BoB to be fired and all of his faggorty management hires are fired as well.

I like this. Make it happen.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If we draft a QB i hope that is what we do. I am 50/50 on if we do though.

You guys would be about the limit of how far down I'd want to trade. Simmons might be gone by then, though. But I wouldn't mind Okudah or whichever LT we think is best there, plus whatever extra draft capital you'd offer to move up.

• 1Like