NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm still lost. Are you saying it costs them an extra 3m to release him, or that they saved 3m by releasing him?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What if they trade up for Tua in the draft?

I don't know Spanos at all but Tu'a is by far the riskiest pick in the entire draft. With Corona going around, no one knows his health. He has never finished a year of college ball healthy. He played with the best talent in the NCAA.

With that said, he's elite and I'd do it in a second. He'd cost the best parts of two drafts though and I'm not sure how big Spanos's balls are. I'm not used to that kind of salary so if I was fired two years later for fucking up my draft I'd still be one happy MF'er. Spanos, probably less so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus Christ, why? They're basically saying he isn't fit to play at a pro level anymore?

After 4 today he was gauranteed 10.5 million. I imagine his health is a concern as well

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Ok well now it makes perfect sense. Still, what a disaster.
I mean in hindsight yeah, but they made a Superbowl and were trying to make a run at it for the next couple of seasons. If they win a Superbowl within that window they'd have considered the whole thing a success. It's a calculated risk and it certainly didn't pay off, but it's not the last time a team will do it.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pending a physical I'm betting he will be on his way to Tampa Bay soon enough

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The Rams made every single bad management decision they could and went against all 'common knowledge' concepts in the NFL;
Never pay a RB big money...Gurley.
Never use top picks to get FAs and if you do this, at least do it rarely....Cooks, Ramsey, Peters.
Never overpay for one year of production.....Goff
Never pay old players big.....Weddle.

Eventually a host of really terrible decisions comes back to roost.

iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Imagine he is pretty healthy but being in that over 50 bracket is a scary thing

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It was all a ploy by darth bellicheat to swap QBs with the buccs.

1584658191112.png

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
After 4 today he was gauranteed 10.5 million. I imagine his health is a concern as well
Right now getting a physical is extremely difficult (and wouldn't be quick) and other teams wouldn't be willing to trade for him without a physical given his history. It really was a pretty logical move if they felt gurley didn't have much of a chance of becoming his old self.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Gurley contract is possibly the worst contract of all time. How was Snead not fired?

• 1Like