NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder how much he fleeced them for. Be interesting how he does with the change to the NFL.

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Urban Myer makes the jump to the NFL.

Jacksonville

New Coach with a #1 pick, could be interesting.

This could get super interesting. Does he take Lawrence? or does he want to keep playing with his star QB from his last job at Ohio State.
Justin Fields is ranked as the #4 prospect so its not a crazy jump.

Herbert at #6 last year seems to be the way better pick over #5 Tua and DARE I SAY IT, #1 Joe Burrow ?

Predictions for the Division Weekend

Bills over Baltimore. 45-35 Glory Glory Hallelujah. - Cant wait to see Devonta Freeman in a bills uniform lol !
Packers over Rams 27-20 Would be more up on the rams if Kupp and Donald were 100% oh and maybe if Goff was 0%
Bucs over Saints 31-28 Bucs win in a come back as per the Brady Brand.
Browns over Chiefs 27-21 Why the hell not !

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont think the SS Officer Trevor Lawrence (seriously though imagine this dude with a SS hat and a short haircut) will be a bust in Jacksonville. If Gardner Minshew was able to guide that team to a decent season before the pandemic, I think Lawrence can make enough plays in order to give his team a chance. What I mean is the opposite of Trubisky. Its so important for your QB to be able to throw the ball down the field. West Coast offense shit is now basically defunct (RBs are catching less and less balls each passing season, and offensive friendly rules are allowing the QB to have more time which means they have time to throw deep). Most teams are trotting out 3 or 4 WR, gaining yards through the air is so valuable now. (there are literally only like 7 or 8 RB in the entire league that are big time/workhorse backs) Lawrence will be one of those guys who put up numbers through the air.

Look at the teams that struggle to throw the ball. How bad was Hurts when he wasnt able to throw? I mentioned Trubisky, nothing much has to be said about how anemic his offense is. Even more established passers like Matt Ryan and Phillip Rivers who are able to put up numbers struggled for long stretches as they couldnt get anything done through the air.

Tom Brady is the shining example of a QB in a system that puts emphasis on throwing the ball deep. I think Lawrence can be one of those Qbs who can put up numbers through the air. If he would have gone to the Jets then no he most likely wouldnt have been able to do shit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Could be up in the air if you believe what he has said in the past, he only rated Lawrence over Fields because Lawrence has 1 year more game experience before the season started. Fields game against Clemson could have an impact on that.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

He is expected to take 49ers passing game coordinator Mike LaFleur with him as his offensive coordinator, Schefter reports. LaFleur is the brother of Packers head coach Matt LaFleur.

Hopefully does a good job, curious if they will go after Fields provided Lawrence does go first. Sticking with Darnold and grabbing Devonta could be a potent thing if they believe in Darnold

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Happy for Saleh, dude did an amazing job with the 49ers defense. Hopefully the Jets don't ruin him. It's a bummer to lose LaFleur as well, but Shanahan already calls all the plays so it shouldn't be too big a hit.

Gimme those 3rd round compensatory picks!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pot calling the kettle black. JuJu has been a piece of shit trash talker since he entered the league. Dude deserves to get dunked on.

I'm just loving this fall from grace the Steelers might be facing. They're shell shocked.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like Meyer to the Jags is all but a done deal.

Will be very interesting to see how Baalke and him work together. Maybe Baalke learned from his mistakes in San Francisco and won't draft a bunch of former ACL tears.

Baalke's moves really weren't all that bad, honestly. He was decent at his defensive picks, but he couldn't draft a WR to save his life.

He drafted:

Aldon Smith (who looked like the second coming of Dwight Freeney until all his off the field shit started)
Daniel Kilgore (super underrated IMO)
Chris Borland (who looked like the second coming of Patrick Willis until early retirement)
Jimmie Ward (easily our best secondary player and a very underrated safety when he's healthy)
Carlos Hyde (not amazing, but he's a decent RB)
Dontae Johnson
Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Jaquiski Tartt
Quinton Dial

Then of course you have players like Eric Reid and Kaepernick whom he drafted. And despite what a shitbag Kaepernick turned into, we did go to a Super Bowl (almost two) with him.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Jets and Saleh agreeing in principal doesn't mean jack shit. Jets can still get butt fucked without lube. Just remember the boy genius McDaniels and his "tenure" as Colts HC.
If Saleh signs and is given time to get the team out of the hole, then SB before the decade is out. But so many things need to happen for that, starting with getting an actual QB.
Can Saleh draft?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Jets and Saleh agreeing in principal doesn't mean jack shit. Jets can still get butt fucked without lube. Just remember the boy genius McDaniels and his "tenure" as Colts HC.
If Saleh signs and is given time to get the team out of the hole, then SB before the decade is out. But so many things need to happen for that, starting with getting an actual QB.
Can Saleh draft?

Well, he's not the GM, so he's probably not going to have final say on the draft.

Jozu

Saleh is literally the opposite of Gase.

Players love him and he is smart as hell.

Animosity

As a Seahawks fan I’m so happy to see Saleh and LaFleur outta the NFC West.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Baalke's moves really weren't all that bad, honestly. He was decent at his defensive picks, but he couldn't draft a WR to save his life.

He drafted:

Aldon Smith (who looked like the second coming of Dwight Freeney until all his off the field shit started)
Daniel Kilgore (super underrated IMO)
Chris Borland (who looked like the second coming of Patrick Willis until early retirement)
Jimmie Ward (easily our best secondary player and a very underrated safety when he's healthy)
Carlos Hyde (not amazing, but he's a decent RB)
Dontae Johnson
Arik Armstead
Deforest Buckner
Jaquiski Tartt
Quinton Dial

Then of course you have players like Eric Reid and Kaepernick whom he drafted. And despite what a shitbag Kaepernick turned into, we did go to a Super Bowl (almost two) with him.
While I was only half joking about the all ACL team that Baalke drafted, his drafts weren't all bad. Dude is still a shit GM though, and we will see how well he gets along with Meyer. Obviously Jim Harbaugh ruffles some feathers, but Baalke continued to fuck up even after Harbaugh was pushed out.

We will see. Maybe he has grown since then.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty cool history on Mahommes and Mayfield. I don't know how I forgot about how crazy that game was.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Damn. Von Miller always seemed like a cool standup guy too.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Eh, we'll see. Could easily be gold digger payback. Those texts she shared certainly weren't evidence of anything criminal. Just a guy regretting having a kid with someone he doesn't want to be with anymore.

• 1Like