NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You know this little thread actually makes a great point. These defensive minded head coaches aren't able to sustain success. What teams should be looking for is an offensive minded head coach.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
You know this little thread actually makes a great point. These defensive minded head coaches aren't able to sustain success. What teams should be looking for is an offensive minded head coach.

I agree....look how well it worked out for the Bears! I look forward to 2021 and our shit stick offense.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

That's some really weak ass proof...says Bill Belichick, Brian Flores, Harbaugh, Tomlin, and Carroll.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

That's pretty incredible

It's funny, I told a Ravens fan friend of mine at end of last year I thought Mahomes and Lamar might dominate AFC for the next 5 years...with some Watson sprinkled in. Didn't think Allen would rise up to take that 3rd spot, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like Meyer to the Jags is all but a done deal.

Will be very interesting to see how Baalke and him work together. Maybe Baalke learned from his mistakes in San Francisco and won't draft a bunch of former ACL tears.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm guessing this goes hand and hand with Carroll's recent statement about getting back to running the ball more. Schotty understands the new NFL offense, Carroll does not.

Seattle is making the same mistake McDoofus did with us, namely leaning on a talented QB to turn shit into gold. It does not work long term. The QB will have off days and eventually get old/figured out by other Defenses. Best thing LaFluer has done for us is put shit around Rogers instead of just letting it slide and hoping he pulls a miracle out of his ass every game.

• 2Like

Merrith

Seattle is making the same mistake McDoofus did with us, namely leaning on a talented QB to turn shit into gold. It does not work long term. The QB will have off days and eventually get old/figured out by other Defenses. Best thing LaFluer has done for us is put shit around Rogers instead of just letting it slide and hoping he pulls a miracle out of his ass every game.

Honestly I think the biggest difference is the O lines in front of each guy. Packers haven't done much to put actual players around Rodgers (at least in spots where they could have used more help). Thankfully Tonyan turned out to be something, although I still think most of that is just Rodgers really likes him, as he's had other TE's before with talent but didn't throw to them as often. Wilson arguably has more total guys around him at skill positions. Both teams have pretty solid RB rooms, but the addition of Metcalf with Lockett gives Wilson so much to work with if he just had time. Sadly any time they played a team with a good pass rush, teams were able to limit a lot of what they wanted to do.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Our recievers are better (overall) than any year since Jordy got dumped. Our line is not great, but we have depth for a change. And we have a good trio of backs. And yeah, we have TEs that are decent for a change. No one, outside of Jones and Adams, is an all pro talent but the unit on the whole is solid and we have depth all over the offense. I compare that to the last few years of McDumbass leaning entirely on Rogers (and last couple Favre seasons) and the difference is plain as day. And I think thats what Wilson is going through atm.

Also, Pete got a monster team assembled by his knowledge of what was out there in the college level and assembling a monster defense that they got to pay rookie contracts on for a few years. That day has passed and now that he no longer has that edge, you are seeing a team that remarkably resembles Favre's last couple years with the Packers. There is basically no one around Wilson at all and when they do win its purely his raw will and talent doing it. And when he has had an off day, its been ugly.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Other than Duane Brown and Damien Lewis, the Seattle O-line is a joke. Even during their SB runs, other than Unger it was shit with Lynch literally carrying the load. Surprisingly it has been good for the run game but we cant have any RB stay healthy for more than 2 carries. Lockett and Metcalf are fucking amazing but I can tell Russ misses having Baldwin there for all this impromptu plays.

I really like Carroll but it sucks he was given an extension before JS waited to see how the season played out. After 10 years its about time for a new voice in the locker room. Silver lining is JS's extension is longer than Carroll's.

• 1Like

Merrith

Our recievers are better (overall) than any year since Jordy got dumped. Our line is not great, but we have depth for a change. And we have a good trio of backs. And yeah, we have TEs that are decent for a change. No one, outside of Jones and Adams, is an all pro talent but the unit on the whole is solid and we have depth all over the offense. I compare that to the last few years of McDumbass leaning entirely on Rogers (and last couple Favre seasons) and the difference is plain as day. And I think thats what Wilson is going through atm.

Also, Pete got a monster team assembled by his knowledge of what was out there in the college level and assembling a monster defense that they got to pay rookie contracts on for a few years. That day has passed and now that he no longer has that edge, you are seeing a team that remarkably resembles Favre's last couple years with the Packers. There is basically no one around Wilson at all and when they do win its purely his raw will and talent doing it. And when he has had an off day, its been ugly.

Fwiw, your O line was ranked 2nd in the league by PFF. They're doing something right. Seattle was around 16th I believe. Frankly I think every WR you have behind Adams is just a guy compared to most of the league, although they have strengths like obviously Scantling can be a decent deep threat option.

Wilson just isn't as elusive as he used to be, and their O line has never been really good there with him.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When Wilson lost his confidence earlier in the year he came back from it mostly but you can see he also still hesitates with jump balls now. Previously he would gunslinger that ball out expecting his guys to go get it, by the end of the season he was doing it a lot less. Metcalf wasn't getting pissed on the sidelines for nothing. When you count on your QB to be the gunslinger cowboy to win the game at the last possible moment time in and out it's gonna end up biting you in the ass more than you win.

• 2Like

Merrith

When Wilson lost his confidence earlier in the year he came back from it mostly but you can see he also still hesitates with jump balls now. Previously he would gunslinger that ball out expecting his guys to go get it, by the end of the season he was doing it a lot less. Metcalf wasn't getting pissed on the sidelines for nothing. When you count on your QB to be the gunslinger cowboy to win the game at the last possible moment time in and out it's gonna end up biting you in the ass more than you win.

Anyone Metcalf is 1 on 1 I'd be tossing up jump balls to him.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Aw fuck Jared Goof is starting and Wolford is inactive. Packers 37 - Rams 10 (goof will fumble and/or throw a couple picks giving them more points)

• 1Faggotry

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cant say I am not happy Goof is getting the start. We won't be able to run, but it won't matter. Rogers will slice and dice the Rams D and once we are up by two scores the cold weather and run game take over. Best odds of a tight game is if we fuck up and turn it over early (a regular feature of Packer Playoff football), but I just can't see the Rams moving the ball enough to win this.

Merrith

If the Rams have a chance, it'll be Ramsey being able to limit Adams, and Akers and their run game being able to put in work against Packers D. I'd still expect Packers to win by a score or two, though.

Sterling

El Presidente
yeah if the rams win it's going to be like 17-13 or something. If GB scores like 28+ they're just doomed.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Meyer to Jacksonville official

• 1Like