NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Determining when to retire based on how easier it might be to get in the HOF is a stupid way of thinking lol. Rivers probably wont be a HOF and Brees and Big Ben are locks. Not sure if thats what you were getting at.
I was getting at the fact the NFL caps it’s draft classes so if other players come along that are locks, it bumps the marginal players off the ballots for those years

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If youre a marginal player in a pool of 45 people, you probably shouldnt get in. Putting someone in the HOF just cuz theres an opening isnt a good look for the brand. When you retire should be irrelevant.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
SO who needs a QB in 2021?

Indy,
Pats
Saints
Bears
Jaqs
Broncos
Texans
Eagles
49's

Maybes
Jets
Dolphins
Dallas ? (LOL)
Lions?
Falcons?
Rams ? (lol)
Panthers
Steelers?

That's 17 teams, more than half the league.

For once in 20 years the Bills are not on the list !!!

This off season is going to be great, Epically if we get the 32nd pick in the draft.

Edit, Forgot Washington....18 teams.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

When I read "draft classes in 5-7 years" I thought you were talking about kids currently in high school. And I was trying to think of why they will be such monsters on the field.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If youre a marginal player in a pool of 45 people, you probably shouldnt get in. Putting someone in the HOF just cuz theres an opening isnt a good look for the brand. When you retire should be irrelevant.
Then the NFL HoF needs to also do away with the minimum number of inductees for a given year as well.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SO who needs a QB in 2021?

Indy,
Pats
Saints
Bears
Jaqs
Broncos
Texans
Eagles
49's

Maybes
Jets
Dolphins
Dallas ? (LOL)
Lions?
Falcons?
Rams ? (lol)
Panthers
Steelers?

That's 17 teams, more than half the league.

For once in 20 years the Bills are not on the list !!!

This off season is going to be great, Epically if we get the 32nd pick in the draft.

Edit, Forgot Washington....18 teams.

Out of this, you know that guys like Ryan, Stafford, Jimmy G, Darnold, Lawrence, Tua, Watson, Dak, Wentz, and Goff will be starters somewhere.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Any Bills fans want to make a friendly avatar bet for Sunday's game?

If the Bills beat the Chiefs, I'll wear an avatar of your choice for 3 months (must be PG enough for AMOD/LRR approval, otherwise IDGAF. ).

If the Chiefs beat the Bills, you'll wear a Joe Delaney avatar for 3 months.

You don't have to root for the Chiefs in the SB if you lose, but I promise you I'll root for the Bills in the SB if the Chiefs lose.

delaney.jpg

EDIT: Derrick Thomas would also be acceptable...or if you really want, take a Mahomes avatar. But Delaney and Thomas both passed too soon, and the Delaney avatar is also for Gravy Gravy

1611196187114.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was getting at the fact the NFL caps it’s draft classes so if other players come along that are locks, it bumps the marginal players off the ballots for those years
I think the problem is you keep saying "draft classes". You don't get drafted to the hall of fame, you get inducted. When you say "draft" people think you're talking about players coming out of college.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think the problem is you keep saying "draft classes". You don't get drafted to the hall of fame, you get inducted. When you say "draft" people think you're talking about players coming out of college.
Yup I see that. I used the wrong word. My bad.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Any Bills fans want to make a friendly avatar bet for Sunday's game?

If the Bills beat the Chiefs, I'll wear an avatar of your choice for 3 months (must be PG enough for AMOD/LRR approval, otherwise IDGAF. ).

If the Chiefs beat the Bills, you'll wear a Joe Delaney avatar for 3 months.

You don't have to root for the Chiefs in the SB if you lose, but I promise you I'll root for the Bills in the SB if the Chiefs lose.

View attachment 330151

EDIT: Derrick Thomas would also be acceptable...or if you really want, take a Mahomes avatar. But Delaney and Thomas both passed too soon, and the Delaney avatar is also for Gravy Gravy

View attachment 330152

Id do that.

Can the the Avatar be this guy ? You know the best Chief of all time (so far)
i

I owned this Jersey in HS lol.

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Ok Real Talk NFL Fans.

I have rocked this Avatar all year, do you guys even know who this is ?

WORF me for YES

PICARD for NO

• 5Picard
  • 2Cutler
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 7 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Out of this, you know that guys like Ryan, Stafford, Jimmy G, Darnold, Lawrence, Tua, Watson, Dak, Wentz, and Goff will be starters somewhere.

Why no Trubisky? He is going to learn to throw left and dominate some place. You just hate white QB’s named Mitchell.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rivers is basically the Marino of our era of football, and if Marino can get in on first ballot then I think Rivers at least has a reasonable chance of making it in eventually.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Sterling

El Presidente
Rivers is basically the Marino of our era of football, and if Marino can get in on first ballot then I think Rivers at least has a reasonable chance of making it in eventually.
Makes no sense that people talk about Eli as automatic, while Rivers is fringe. Rivers is way, way better Eli, not close. Winning a championship is a team effort and SD has been a shitshow and and the giants have been mostly stable with good coaching at times. As for winning those 2 rings are more or less outliers, Eli is .500 and would have the 2nd most losses in the HoF with only Favre ahead of him and Favre has like a million more wins.

Also, Marino isn't a very good comp since he was basically all pro every season and was breaking records by huge, huge margins and finished his career with pretty much every meaningful record there was.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think it's dicey to compare Rivers to Marino. Marino set some records and did some things throwing the ball 20-30 YEARS ahead of anyone else. Don't think we can really say the same about Rivers.

I get the argument against Eli, for sure, but he'll get extra credit because he won multiple rings, and for the reason they were both against Tom Brady. Eli 2-0 against the Goat in Super Bowls while the Goat is 6-1 in his other 7 probably carries some weight (rightly or wrongly).

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I think it's dicey to compare Rivers to Marino. Marino set some records and did some things throwing the ball 20-30 YEARS ahead of anyone else. Don't think we can really say the same about Rivers.

I get the argument against Eli, for sure, but he'll get extra credit because he won multiple rings, and for the reason they were both against Tom Brady. Eli 2-0 against the Goat in Super Bowls while the Goat is 6-1 in his other 7 probably carries some weight (rightly or wrongly).
Of course he'll get credit for the 2 rings, but Rivers was a much better player than he was. Stats, overall win pct, etc.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I picked the highest profile HoF QB I could think of who never won a SB. Maybe he's more comparable to Warren Moon, but Moon is a HoFer too.

As for Eli, we already had this discussion back when he retired. If it were just one ring I'd agree he'd never make it in but two rings, both against Brady in his prime? He could have gone 0-16 in every other season and I still think he'd get in it based entirely on those two.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users