Ya go for it

use this one if we win.

1611219110097.jpeg

I probably just broke the Bills curse.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm not even particularly advocating for Rivers to get in. I'm just saying he's an order of magnitude better than Eli, who is very likely to get in.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I'm not even particularly advocating for Rivers to get in. I'm just saying he's an order of magnitude better than Eli, who is very likely to get in.

The difference being, and it matters to most voters, is Eli has 2 rings, and Rivers has never even been to the big game

Sterling

El Presidente
The difference being, and it matters to most voters, is Eli has 2 rings, and Rivers has never even been to the big game
Right, the other difference is Eli got sat at the end of his career so he wouldn't fall below .500.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even when Eli retired no one thought he should get in the HOF, even all the big reporters. Everyone just acknowledges that you cant keep him out based on what hes done.

Sterling

El Presidente
I agree with what you said... but unfortunately we don't get to decide this kind of shit is all Im saying
Sure. And the most likely outcome is that both get in and Eli gets to be the worst QB in the HoF.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 330181

I probably just broke the Bills curse.

Hey now, no reason to break things. They have a good going in Buffalo.

On Rivers, they've pushed QBs to be the faces of the game so it would be hard to not let one of them in even if he was mainly a stat machine in a stat era. Every single rule is different for QBs and I expect the same treatment from the HoF. Eventually even losers like Goff and Mayfield will get in for the accomplishment of playing QB (if they play long enough).

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Sure. And the most likely outcome is that both get in and Eli gets to be the worst QB in the HoF.

Having this discussion with a friend of mine right now.. there are 12 multi SB win QBs, 3 of which are either not eligible yet or still actively playing. Eli is definitely at the bottom of that list.. but the list is still small enough that he gets in imo

Sterling

El Presidente
Hey now, no reason to break things. They have a good going in Buffalo.

On Rivers, they've pushed QBs to be the faces of the game so it would be hard to not let one of them in even if he was mainly a stat machine in a stat era. Every single rule is different for QBs and I expect the same treatment from the HoF. Eventually even losers like Goff and Mayfield will get in for the accomplishment of playing QB (if they play long enough).
I mean he's actually been to the playoffs more often than Eli has.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Beating the goat twice in hilarious fashion?
Hes in.

• 2Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Makes no sense that people talk about Eli as automatic, while Rivers is fringe. Rivers is way, way better Eli, not close. Winning a championship is a team effort and SD has been a shitshow and and the giants have been mostly stable with good coaching at times. As for winning those 2 rings are more or less outliers, Eli is .500 and would have the 2nd most losses in the HoF with only Favre ahead of him and Favre has like a million more wins.

Also, Marino isn't a very good comp since he was basically all pro every season and was breaking records by huge, huge margins and finished his career with pretty much every meaningful record there was.
Eli defeated the evil empire twice. He will get in on that basis alone.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would argue that both Fouts and Namath were worse QBs. But he is probably not among the more talented ones, for sure.

Sterling

El Presidente
I would argue that both Fouts and Namath were worse QBs. But he is probably not among the more talented ones, for sure.
I mean it's all relative to era. Eli played in an era where he's worse than Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Favre, Rivers, Wilson, and Luck. That's not counting the young dudes. You can argue about Stafford, Ryan, etc as well. I'm not sure Namath or Fouts had that many in their era you could do that with.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I get the argument against Eli, for sure, but he'll get extra credit because he won multiple rings, and for the reason they were both against Tom Brady. Eli 2-0 against the Goat in Super Bowls while the Goat is 6-1 in his other 7 probably carries some weight (rightly or wrongly).

It's not like the SB wins are all he has. He's 8th all time in passing yards and 9th in touchdowns.

Not even close. No one will ever take that away from Bob Griese. During the perfect season he only played 4 games before being injured and then came back during the championship game when the backup got sick. He threw for 88 yards in the superbowl. In their second superbowl he only had 7 pass attempts for 73 total yards.

I think Eli is easily better than Joe Namath too, who was mostly put in the HoF for being a celebrity, not for what he did on the field.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's not like the SB wins are all he has. He's 8th all time in passing yards and 9th in touchdowns.

Not even close. No one will ever take that away from Bob Griese. During the perfect season he only played 4 games before being injured and then came back during the championship game when the backup got sick. He threw for 88 yards in the superbowl. In their second superbowl he only had 7 pass attempts for 73 total yards.

I think Eli is easily better than Joe Namath too, who was mostly put in the HoF for being a celebrity, not for what he did on the field.
8th in yards and 9th in tds, and everyone ahead of him except for marino were people he played at the same time as. Eras matter. Also he will likely be passed by Ryan and Stafford in both of these at some point in the near future and by Rodgers for yards.

Fair point about Griese though, he was at a similar position as ELI when he retired as he was around 10th in both all time yards and TDs I think. He did make 8 pro bowls in 14 seasons though back when it didn't get passed down to the 15th alternate.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Ok Real Talk NFL Fans.

I have rocked this Avatar all year, do you guys even know who this is ?

WORF me for YES

PICARD for NO

Brandon Beane

GM of the Buffalo Bills - Drafter of Josh, Destroyer of dead caps and breaker of curses.

I have been reping my Bills all Season and not a single football fan outside of 2 Bills Bros even knew !

Erronius Erronius

This is what i want your avatar to be if The Bills win. Or something very similar with Classic #78

wy3nd5tujxpqjflo1bui.jpg

• 1Like