NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
it speaks volumes of Goff' value that he is treated in this trade as something that was tacked on to the draft picks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
You pretty much have to have some balls AND be good at judging mid round talent. (Late round is really a guessing game) Like Ozzie Newsome good.

Also you need to actually have a lot of mid/late picks just to play the odds on hits and misses. I would say the Patriots have the latter as far as being able to survive a few 1st round picks being given up, but their GM is the worst at making picks.

OR just dumb, and say fuckit! Like the Jets.
Yeah, basically this can be a career-ender for whoever is the executive that makes that trade. Not just getting fired from your current employer, but also being un-hirable again in the NFL for a few years (and likely have to go into broadcasting for the interim). Not many people would risk their necks out for 1 huge bet like that

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rams do have a lot of mid round picks. Long as they have a good talent evaluator they will be fine. I think the Rams should be the NFC superbowl favorites next year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Assuming the 49ers are healthy, that could be a pretty interesting division next season. Cardinals are probably fucked though since they're keeping Kingsbury

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
49ers have been very fortunate at the LB position over the years. Patrick Willis, Bowman, and now Fred Warner. I believe Warner was a 3rd round pick out of BYU.

I wonder where WATSON wants to play?

Sterling

El Presidente
49ers have been very fortunate at the LB position over the years. Patrick Willis, Bowman, and now Fred Warner. I believe Warner was a 3rd round pick out of BYU.

I wonder where WATSON wants to play?
Supposedly his first choice was Jets. But that just seems bananas. 31 teams and that's who he wants because of the coach they hired? wild.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
and now Stafford has a team that in theory, he can maybe get to a Super Bowl with in the next year or two.

1612124430763.gif

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Watson was saying Jets before Saleh if I'm remembering correctly, so ya

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Maybe he just likes New York. I guess it's possible that he loves being in a shitty organization but Houston is just too humid for him.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Jozu Jozu Jets on paper right now seem lined up pretty good. Solid defensive guy who also brought an offensive guy with him with the 49'ers blueprint

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
When it comes down to it, the Rams and Goff were down one score in the 4th quarter in the 2nd round of the playoffs and he went out there and couldn't get a first down.

While he wasn't awful that game they scored 18 points, that's just not enough to get it done generally. Now they're out of Goffs contract and probably upgraded too.

The only real needs on the team are like Left Tackle to replace the ageless Whitworth, who I believe is coming back next year, and to sign some of our own FA's. I would imagine they want to find a Brandin Cooks replacement too but overall I'm pretty happy with most of our roster.

Last edited:
  • 1Like