NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I'm going by memory but I believe in 2016 Amari Pooper and Crabtree both had 1000+ yard seasons and they did make the playoffs. This year yeah the receiver situation went through a lot of adjustments from losing AB, to Williams having footsie issues, etc. That being said Carr has a good enough oline, Waller put up 1000+ yards, Jacobs ran the ball pretty damm well, and Renfrow started to pick things up near the end of the season.

We do need a real number 1 receiver but my issues with Carr are related to him getting jumpy at any perceived rush, his decision making in regards to throwing balls into the dirty or out of bounds especially on 4th down, or not running the ball when he has 10 free open yards to pick up an easy first down, to his reluctance to go through his progressions at times as he just wants to get the ball out asap leading to missed opportunities.

When you just look at his stats its like whoa 4000+ yards 70+ percent completion percentage that's not shabby. However, when you run for 4, then throw for 2 and 2, leading to a punt, you start to get frustrated when you keep hearing he has a 70+ percent completion percentage but the Raiders have no points to show for it. Carr hasn't felt like the same guy since the injuries in 2016 when he was in the conversation for mvp.

My final beef with him is I'm tired of hearing the guy preaching and talking bout his family life etc. I don't want a pastor I want a player. I wonder if hes a leader capable of laying into people to get them on corrected and on board with the game plan of winning vs wanting to hug them and love them etc. Fuck that shit man lets get some wins!

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
33 Mill is damn close to the top of the market It’s kinda odd I don’t think he should make more then Wilson @$35mm. If Dak is awesome he will get another huge contract in 5 years. But then you see Goff at 33.5mm wentz @32 and it makes you go wtf. I mean Jacoby Bisset makes AAV of $28mm Wtf for real!

Is it more about signing bonus and guarantees? It will all shift when Mahomes breaks the $200mm mark. I bet he hits $40 over 5 years.

anyway dak is no Russell Wilson

Last edited:

Rude

Potato del Grande
Remember when brought in Nate Petetman after he had the worst QBs performance in buffalo the year before. 5 INT’s in the first half of a game and rocked a 0.0 passer rating?

I don’t trust Gruden’s ability to judge QBs.
I like the Raiders I hope they get help in that dept.
Jon Gruden was an overhyped shit signing. He got canned in Tampa for good reason.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Dak would be on my franchise tag list. He's better than average but not spectacular and that pays at a franchise tag price.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
33 Mill is damn close to the top of the market It’s kinda odd I don’t think he should make more then Wilson @$35mm. If Dak is awesome he will get another huge contract in 5 years. But then you see Goff at 33.5mm wentz @32 and it makes you go wtf. I mean Jacoby Bisset makes AAV of $28mm Wtf for real!

Is it more about signing bonus and guarantees? It will all shift when Mahomes breaks the $200mm mark. I bet he hits $40 over 5 years.

anyway dak is no Russell Wilson
You can only compare contracts based upon when they were signed and percent against the cap. Comparing raw numbers between more than a one year difference when the cap goes up a significant amount each year is stupid.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
You can only compare contracts based upon when they were signed and percent against the cap. Comparing raw numbers between more than a one year difference when the cap goes up a significant amount each year is stupid.

What are you going on about?

Every signed number I used is based on an extension from 2019.

• 1Cutler

Kaines

Potato Supreme
What are you going on about?

Every signed number I used is based on an extension from 2019.
And Dak will get at least $35 because it’s 2020 probably closer to $40 especially if he plays a year under the franchise tag. Sorry you dont understand how NFL contracts work.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So within the 1 year of Wilson $35mm?

Edit
- Thus fair game for comparison as per you!

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Pretty funny how he changed his tune, but hey, I am all for this

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
RIP Felipe Rios.
Image result for felipe rios

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

his wife must be dreading the day he retires. Philip, wondering around the house, nothing to do, sees Tiffany across the room... and just like that baby number n+1 is on the way

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
his wife must be dreading the day he retires. Philip, wondering around the house, nothing to do, sees Tiffany across the room... and just like that baby number n+1 is on the way

And then he throws an interception.

• 1Like