NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
More proof you don't need to pay your RB big money to win.

Saw some shit that Zeke's rushing yards/game has decreased every single year he's been in the league so far. That contract might hurt.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Rodgers started setting records year two and even I got sick of hearing the media fellate him. And that was nothing compared to the full on deep throating they are giving Mahomes. A lot of it is people trying to hold him up as some sort of BLM poster boy when he is not, though. And if we want to really dial the wayback machine, as much as I admire Favre, I am pretty sure Madden was ready to blow him on air if the chance presented itself. That kind of shit is annoying without the politics. Its rage inducing with BLM pimps trying to dick ride as well.
What mainstream media figure is hailing mahomes as a generational black leader or something like that? Mahomes hardly ever even talks about that kind of thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What mainstream media figure is hailing mahomes as a generational black leader or something like that? Mahomes hardly ever even talks about that kind of thing.
Evidently you skipped by like every race baiting article leading up to and during the Superbowl. I don't blame you.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

I didn't notice anything beyond that one article posted in here.

• 3Like

Merrith

Evidently you skipped by like every race baiting article leading up to and during the Superbowl. I don't blame you.

I think I've just seen a whole lot more of "Is he on the path to being the greatest ever" versus any bringing his ethnicity into it. Not that even the former is surprising...they're always hungry for the next big thing. Even with the loss, he's done things in 3 years as a starter and at a younger age that no other QB has done, shouldn't be shocking everyone is looking to him as the one guy with a shot to challenge everything (stat records, Super Bowls, etc). That said, since the game, I've seen a bunch of articles talking about how people need to slow down on the next Goat talk with him until/if he gets another ring or 3.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Russell is probably thinking, I need to get on this QB's pretending to be GM's hype train. Why the fuck would a GM or a owner listen to players when it comes to rosters in the first place.
Wanna see what players trying to play GM leads to, take a look at what goes on in Barcelona FC where an old fart named Messi has basically had control over the club for years. More or less all players who the team wants to sign must get approved by him, and it has led to an absolute clusterfuck. Which is hilarious.
That reminds me. Recently the details of Messi's contract were leaked to the media and it turns out Mahomes does not have the biggest contract is history. Mahomes' is is what 500 million dollars total and 10 years. Messi deal is 4 years (2017-2021) 555 million euros (605 million dollars). The signing bonus was a fucking 115 million euros (140 million dollars) and he has an annual loyalty bonus (like a variant of a roster bonus) of 77 million euros (90 million dollars) and vast majority of the contract is guaranteed

• 1Worf
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Picard

Hosix

All labs matter!
Russell is probably thinking, I need to get on this QB's pretending to be GM's hype train. Why the fuck would a GM or a owner listen to players when it comes to rosters in the first place.
Wanna see what players trying to play GM leads to, take a look at what goes on in Barcelona FC where an old fart named Messi has basically had control over the club for years. More or less all players who the team wants to sign must get approved by him, and it has led to an absolute clusterfuck. Which is hilarious.
That reminds me. Recently the details of Messi's contract were leaked to the media and it turns out Mahomes does not have the biggest contract is history. Mahomes' is is what 500 million dollars total and 10 years. Messi deal is 4 years (2017-2021) 555 million euros (605 million dollars). The signing bonus was a fucking 115 million euros (140 million dollars) and he has an annual loyalty bonus (like a variant of a roster bonus) of 77 million euros (90 million dollars) and vast majority of the contract is guaranteed

You lost everyone here when you mention “soccer”. Just refer to it as “lesser sport”.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Ome

Trakanon Raider
Browns fans cheer the deaths of people in Pittsburgh on some of their forums. Fan = fanatic.
This is 100% true. One of my friends is a Browns fan and he says shit like I hope their plane goes down, or he wishes cancer on players. This guy is on a whole other level of fan.

• 1WTF
every god damn year
The irony is people like that guy are themselves so illiterate, they think they are discovering what they are posting about. If they had a functioning memory, they would at some point in time notice the pattern of saying "world champs" blah blah, and notice that someone always thinks they are making some deep point about world champs blah blah, and having thus seen those two thing in conjunction over hopefully only a few years, you realize who the greater fool is. Because yes, exactly, every damn year x2.
He doesn't look broken after that ass beating like Cam was in 2016.
I think Mahomes was having a genuine learning experience that night. Reality hit his whole team with what the next level looks like, and it's old man Brady in everyone's head. My bet is he is the type of athlete that now understands what the challenge is.
I hope Tyreek Hill gets covid and kills Andy Reid
You give Andy Reid one goddam more bratwurst and you kill him.
This guy is on a whole other level of fan.
Bob? Fuck man, I didn't know you came here too.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

I really think this whole "learning from Brady" for or "passing the torch" or any of those kind of narratives are generally bogus. Brady didn't play defense.

Mahomes learned he can not will his way past an elite pass rush using tactics that work against most teams, especially when down three online starters. Hopefully the coaches learned you have to develop the running game more. A thing that's overlooked is that in almost all of Brady's super bowl wins, they had a solid to good running game.

I think an interesting tactic to have tried would have been to Lamar Jackson it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Merrith

I really think this whole "learning from Brady" for or "passing the torch" or any of those kind of narratives are generally bogus. Brady didn't play defense.

Mahomes learned he can not will his way past an elite pass rush using tactics that work against most teams, especially when down three online starters. Hopefully the coaches learned you have to develop the running game more. A thing that's overlooked is that in almost all of Brady's super bowl wins, they had a solid to good running game.

This. Plus his receivers dropping big passes that might have helped at times earlier in the game. Ironically the Chiefs came out with a few touches for CEH first drive of the 2nd half, and he looked pretty decent. Problem was they settled for another FG to make it 21-9, and by the time they got the ball back, Fournette had already been untouched to the house and they were down 3 scores and establishing the run was sort of out the window by then.

Of course, if Reid hadn't burned timeouts, and settled for going into half down 14-6 while getting the ball back, they could have actually been in a much better spot to try and get ground game going and stick with it for a bit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
148688514_3336250943148205_1572568095282614275_n.png

Shit's nuts, such a homerun pick. Him and Winfield were absolute beasts this year. Last four drafts have had high quality contributors outside the first round. Winfield in the second round this past year, Murphy-Bunting (2nd) and Scotty Miller (6th) last year, Ronald Jones (2nd), Carlton Davis (2nd) and Jordan Whitehead (4th) 2018, Chris Godwin (3rd) 2017. We don't talk about the 2016 draft, it never happened. And of course the first rounders for the last two years were Devin White and Vita Vea. Combine that with the free agent pickups for the def line (Shaq Barrett, JPP, Suh) and it all finally came together this year. It started to come together second half of last season on the defensive side but Mr. Bakery Winston masked a lot of that potential with short fields and keeping the defense out there way too much.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Imagine thinking Brady didn’t change the culture in Tampa. That was a loser franchise. Regardless of defense, offense or special teams, they were losers. Brady taught them what it took and how to win.

DickTrickle

Imagine thinking Brady didn’t change the culture in Tampa. That was a loser franchise. Regardless of defense, offense or special teams, they were losers. Brady taught them what it took and how to win.
I was talking in relation to mahomes (I should have quoted the previous post, I guess, but I thought context was enough). I don't think mahomes is going to learn much from Brady by losing to him (especially since that already happened before last year's win).

I believe Brady helped the culture in TB, though.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh sorry dad.

Welcome to NFL threads on the internet and FoH I guess?

Shit talking is what we have been doing here for oh, a decade or longer. I can't even remember that far back. Granted most of the diehards are gone that gave this place life like Sutekh, Famm, Edko, Grimmlokk, Twobit, Adam12 etc. And literally every person shit talking Cathan. Pour one out for the homies. /rip

Browns fans cheer the deaths of people in Pittsburgh on some of their forums. Fan = fanatic.

P.S. I hope Tyreek Hill gets covid and kills Andy Reid

What's funny is I didn't even need to talk any shit, and look how fucking rustled you are.

Fucking pathetic. You're literally the Jaguars of shit-talking.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like