NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Got to say, I am getting a kick out of Bruce Arians talking like hes king shit after winning a Super Bowl with all the shade hes throwing at Belichick. Win 5 more Bruce, then come talk at me.

All this Brady vs Belichick drama needs to stop. Lets see Bruce manage his salary cap and keep a winning team together before we start throwing shade.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I agree. Plus Bill did have two super bowls as a DC. That's not the same but it still counts for something.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's funny is I didn't even need to talk any shit, and look how fucking rustled you are.

Fucking pathetic. You're literally the Jaguars of shit-talking.
Rustled by some fair weather KC fan showing up when their team is doing well?

I mean, I guess if you keep saying it enough it will be true.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
View attachment 334013

Shit's nuts, such a homerun pick. Him and Winfield were absolute beasts this year. Last four drafts have had high quality contributors outside the first round. Winfield in the second round this past year, Murphy-Bunting (2nd) and Scotty Miller (6th) last year, Ronald Jones (2nd), Carlton Davis (2nd) and Jordan Whitehead (4th) 2018, Chris Godwin (3rd) 2017. We don't talk about the 2016 draft, it never happened. And of course the first rounders for the last two years were Devin White and Vita Vea. Combine that with the free agent pickups for the def line (Shaq Barrett, JPP, Suh) and it all finally came together this year. It started to come together second half of last season on the defensive side but Mr. Bakery Winston masked a lot of that potential with short fields and keeping the defense out there way too much.

Not missing a single offensive snap....wow.

He did give bear fans this.

• 2Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I was hoping he would fall in the draft. Kid was a stud in college at Iowa.

TB has been killing it in the draft. Its the ultimate blueprint if you cant draft high for a QB. Pay whatever to get your QB, then build through the draft at key positions before you have to pay them a fortune on their 2nd contract. Gives you a 4-5 year window before guys like White, Winfield, Wirfs, etc all have to get paid.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There were definitely some cheering about that crazy dude that went into the synagogue in Pittsburgh and killed all those jews.
What forums are you reading ? Rotten.com sports section? I mean those kind of people are terrible.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Got to say, I am getting a kick out of Bruce Arians talking like hes king shit after winning a Super Bowl with all the shade hes throwing at Belichick. Win 5 more Bruce, then come talk at me.

All this Brady vs Belichick drama needs to stop. Lets see Bruce manage his salary cap and keep a winning team together before we start throwing shade.
I don't have a lot of respect for Bruce Arians. Dude came into the Cardinals organization as they were on the upswing, built a decent roster, and had some decent success. As soon as they started to age and go downhill, he left to "retire". The minute another team is back on the upswing, he is suddenly up for coaching again.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't have a lot of respect for Bruce Arians. Dude came into the Cardinals organization as they were on the upswing, built a decent roster, and had some decent success. As soon as they started to age and go downhill, he left to "retire". The minute another team is back on the upswing, he is suddenly up for coaching again.
If you were at a job that was going downhill and you didn't like it, would you stick around if you didn't feel you had to?

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider

He won the Super Bowl. He is king shit for at least a few months.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If you were at a job that was going downhill and you didn't like it, would you stick around if you didn't feel you had to?
If I am in a competitive sport? I would think so. Just feels like being a pussy and not sticking it out when things get tough. /shrug

Fadaar

That guy
Not missing a single offensive snap....wow.

He did give bear fans this.

that single play shows what a freak of nature Mack is, flips a 300 lb guy with 1 arm

god that makes him sound like Urban Meyer and I hope every day for that man to get hit by a bus

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every time I see those OT's from this draft killing it, I think about the Giants having their choice of the top 4 and taking Thomas over some of these other guys.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Agreed... dude was full on assclown when he was with the Cards.

Merrith

If I am in a competitive sport? I would think so. Just feels like being a pussy and not sticking it out when things get tough. /shrug

Or smart not to get into the constant churn some of these other coaches get into trying to come in and "fix" bad teams. Helped take Arizona and Tampa Bay to the Super Bowl? He can't be that bad a coach, not exactly storied franchises.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know. After the NFC Championship Arians talked like Tom Brady was the actual head coach of the team and he was just along for the ride. It could be true but it seemed like a strange thing to say on television if you want to keep having your job.

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't know. After the NFC Championship Arians talked like Tom Brady was the actual head coach of the team and he was just along for the ride. It could be true but it seemed like a strange thing to say on television if you want to keep having your job.
I mean he alraedy retired once. I'm sure he'll probably just be done once this team goes downhill eventually anyways.

• 1Like

Merrith

Some of that might be over-correcting from some random stories earlier in the year that he wasn't happy with Brady after some losses.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'd do just like Arians in both cases. He's old and wanted success before he dies. With Brady, why not let him do the work? Plenty of people want Watson to decide who's GM, HC, who plays there, etc, etc. With that kind of standard for a guy who has never accomplished anything in the NFL, I'd let Brady play HC whenever he wants. Why not?

• 2Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What forums are you reading ? Rotten.com sports section? I mean those kind of people are terrible.
The Watercooler, though since the Browns have actually started being good the amount of Steelers posts have dropped significantly it seems-- I try to stay away from there nowadays. I forget which Eagles board was the cesspool, but when McNabb came out in that interview years ago and said how racist they were it was 5 pages of threads about fuck that N-word. 4chans of the sports world.

• 1Like

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I'd do just like Arians in both cases. He's old and wanted success before he dies. With Brady, why not let him do the work? Plenty of people want Watson to decide who's GM, HC, who plays there, etc, etc. With that kind of standard for a guy who has never accomplished anything in the NFL, I'd let Brady play HC whenever he wants. Why not?
Great point - its very presumptuous for someone like Watson who hasn't really had that much success yet to be dictating terms to an organization. But then again, that organization is dysfunctional and allowing him to dictate terms. The owner is really setting a shitty precedent by signaling he'll undercut his staff's decision making for a star player - thats going to make it tougher to hire a good GM in the future. Because smart GMs will not want to work for that kind of boss

• 2Like