NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
I’m sure Breida is being shipped out because of his fumbling issues. I did like him as a change of pace speedster, but Coleman is a more all around back. I just hope Mostert doesn’t turn out to be a flash in the pan.

Ya know what I’m saying, Only bad thing about keeping Coleman over Breida, know what I’m sayin’, is that I think I lose between, know what I’m sayin’, 2 and 5 thousand brain cells every time Coleman gives an interview, ya know what I’m saying.

Edit: after reading about the Breida trade I have only just learned about McKinnon restructuring his contract to stay on the team? Could be interesting. I had thought him all but a goner all of last season.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I’m sure Breida is being shipped out because of his fumbling issues. I did like him as a change of pace speedster, but Coleman is a more all around back. I just hope Mostert doesn’t turn out to be a flash in the pan.

Ya know what I’m saying, Only bad thing about keeping Coleman over Breida, know what I’m sayin’, is that I think I lose between, know what I’m sayin’, 2 and 5 thousand brain cells every time Coleman gives an interview, ya know what I’m saying.

Edit: after reading about the Breida trade I have only just learned about McKinnon restructuring his contract to stay on the team? Could be interesting. I had thought him all but a goner all of last season.
Yeah, McKinnon restructured earlier in the year. He took a huge paycut to be able to stay on the team.

49ers just traded Goodwin to the Eagles just to move up 20 spots in the 6th.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
*Take PFF with a grain of salt, this is being echoed everywhere*

Anae at #179 (Brugler had him at #87). Great draft by the FO, can't believe I'm saying that. Now let's hope they work out on the field as well as they do on paper!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
*Take PFF with a grain of salt, this is being echoed everywhere*

Anae at #179 (Brugler had him at #87). Great draft by the FO, can't believe I'm saying that. Now let's hope they work out on the field as well as they do on paper!
Yes, I'd like to relive the '90's, not the '80's.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, at least the Trent Williams thing is over. Return was pretty weak, but I guess having another 3rd next year isn't the worst.

Sterling

El Presidente
Colts with 3 consecutive picks was interesting.

Also, as a thing I would like for Houston to just implode and go 3-13 next season. Thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Damn, so sad to see Staley retire. But I'm glad the 49ers had a plan in place to replace him

That sucks. Seemed like the common wisdom was that since the 9ers didn't pick an OL in the first round that meant he was planning to stay. I guess they had another plan. I'm glad they were able to get a replacement but Staley is a stud and I hate to see him go.

This is my favorite Staley play. Sure Alex Smith got the TD, but check out Staley sprinting in front of him to take out the safety. He's running considerably faster than Smith. It was a great play in one of the best games ever as a 49er fan.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Some interesting notes from the 49ers post draft press conference.

They knew Joe Staley was going to retire before the draft. My personal conjecture is that Joe delayed his retirement announcement so that SF would maintain some leverage in trade negotiations, so thanks for that Joe.

They were questioned on if they considered taking Wirfs at 13 given that they knew Staley was retiring and not knowing if they’d be able to complete the trade for Williams. Either Kyle or John said they thought about it but ultimately decided to take the risk on Kinlaw at 14 and use the 4th rounder from Tampa to draft Colton McKivitz as a potential Staley replacement.

Ultimately they instead used to 4th to move up to get Aiyuk and traded Breida to get the 5th round pick and got McKivitz there anyway, who will probably play guard (as was mentioned here earlier) since they were able to complete the Williams trade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user