NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
lol, i did

I stopped watching somewhere around 2015 I think, maybe 2014.

Do you go to the TV threads and post about shows you don't watch too?

I don't give a shit about the politics of the players, coaches, or league. If you have to agree politically with people to watch the entertainment that they produce then you are going to be pretty limited in what you can watch/listen to and you're probably in a bubble.

I DVR the games and fast forward through all the nonsense. I don't watch the national anthem, the commercials, the reviews, etc. Just the football. Makes it take less than 2 hours to watch a game and it's much more enjoyable IMO. People have been crying about the refs in every sport since the beginning of time and they always will. I don't think there's anything new about that personally.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
NFL already gets about zero $ from me.. If(when) they change my Redskins to some garbage bullshit name i'm not sure yet if I will pick a new team or stop watching all together.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NFL already gets about zero $ from me.. If(when) they change my Redskins to some garbage bullshit name i'm not sure yet if I will pick a new team or stop watching all together.

Sounds like Snyder is going to cave and change it. Although there are reports that he's been in talks with Goodell for weeks already so I don't know if he just saw the writing on the wall or was tipped off about the incoming financial pressure. Because I feel like it would be pretty hard to just change the team's name 6-8 weeks before the season is supposed to start?

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If the product was still as good it would be harder to walk away, but I guess maybe a lot of people still think the product on the field is great?

Watching a confusing product and then every commercial and public service announcement being how I can go fuck myself for being born made it easier for me to not card. When they combined on field a couple years ago was my breaking point as a Raiders fan when the black O line talked shit about Carr for not kneeling and then suddenly he's getting the shit beat out of him every game. They were either acting maliciously, or too distracted by BLM drama to do their jobs and protect the only chance the team had to be relavant. But either way felt stupid and like a bitch watching games trying to pretend they even cared if did.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I honestly think we are being trolled. This year I learned there is a black anthem, flag, and holiday (Juneteenth). We all know they have their own language. You would think we were talking about another country at this point.

I can verify june teenth is real and has been around a while at least in texas and louisiana. Lotta people called it American Inventor day when i was a kid. But this is far from the first black holiday. Did you forget MLK day or the entire month of february?

I had no prior knowledge of an anthem or flag though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would personally pick something worse/dumber just to spite everyone. You thought you had it bad with [that] well now you have [this]

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Real talk, Washington Warriors has been the obvious name change for awhile. Consonance, sounds cool, and there’s tons of promotional possibilities from the movie too. “Warriors, come out and plaaaaayyy”, colors almost match, etc.

Synder sucks dick, and Washington fucked up the last name change by creating one of the worst team names in sports (fucking Wizards lol), so this will undoubtedly result in a total shit show of a team name.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Asians are suing the government for literally being racist, going all the way to the Supreme Court due to so many Asian students being denied entry to top level universities because they are TOO FUCKING GOOD. Asians too smart, affirmative action!

its ridiculous. But then joggers are literally given a fucking handicap and somehow this is "social justice". And then you have Native Americans which are perhaps the most persecuted sect of humans in the western hemisphere over the last 350 years, and they turned down billions of dollars of "reparations" based on their morals and commitment to regaining their land. Are there actually any real Natives calling for the Redskins to change their name? I have seen many natives show pride in an NFL team having a Native American name.

A professional sports team still named something like a WW2 bomber would be hilarious. The Motown Soul Wakandans.

• 4Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Do you go to the TV threads and post about shows you don't watch too?

I don't give a shit about the politics of the players, coaches, or league. If you have to agree politically with people to watch the entertainment that they produce then you are going to be pretty limited in what you can watch/listen to and you're probably in a bubble.

I DVR the games and fast forward through all the nonsense. I don't watch the national anthem, the commercials, the reviews, etc. Just the football. Makes it take less than 2 hours to watch a game and it's much more enjoyable IMO. People have been crying about the refs in every sport since the beginning of time and they always will. I don't think there's anything new about that personally.

Its entertainment that shits on you 24/7 now.

Would you watch a movie or TV show that insults you repeatedly over and over?

I'm ok with not watching TV, movies, sports that dont agree with my politics. I wouldnt want to even give them eyeballs and views that they can sell to advetisers. It freed up more time for me, moved more of my time to documentaries, youtube videos that fit my tastes and exposed me to more podcasts

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For the first time in my life am questioning whether or not to care about the NFL anymore. Since I was 6 years old I have been invested in the 49ers.

Every year full of excitement and hope. (Not every year but just general excitement for new campaign) but after 49ers have now ceased to exist as a franchise, carona, and now this BLM bullshit, its as good a time as any to walk away.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
For the first time in my life am questioning whether or not to care about the NFL anymore. Since I was 6 years old I have been invested in the 49ers.

Every year full of excitement and hope. (Not every year but just general excitement for new campaign) but after 49ers have now ceased to exist as a franchise, carona, and now this BLM bullshit, its as good a time as any to walk away.
If we're going down the path of PC team name changes, 49ers should be pretty high up on the slate given that the 1849 gold rush was propelled by Chinese slave labor.

Some others off the top of my head:

- 76ers, which of course relates to the founding of the USA by a group of white slave owners
- Vikings, who are most notorious for raping and pillaging everything they came across
- Pirates, Buccs, Raiders for the same reason
- Indians, Braves, Chiefs - obvious reasons
- Texas Rangers - police brutality
- Cowboys - cowboys are closely associated with killing the native Americans
- Utah Jazz - a honky ass state like Utah calling themselves the Jazz, which was invented by blacks, is cultural appropriation
- Padres - insensitive to the [majority of] black people without a father
-Canucks - a deragotry term for Canadian
- Blues - again, cultural appropriation

probably dozens more if I cared enough to keep going

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users
Yeah, but the "forty-niners," at least at the time, referred to transsexual miners of European descent. In the 19th century, because of poor nutrition, a full-size man was called a "fifty incher." Post op trannies were then nicknamed "49'ers" because they had an "inch" cut off.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf