NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, but will anyone move to 2 if someone hasn't moved to 3 first, that's the real question. Or just nobody moves up and it goes Burrow, Young, Okudah, Simmons, Tua or something similar like most people had been predicting for awhile. Like I said earlier I'd rather take Simmons or a Tackle than trade like the 5 and 18 to move up 2 spots or whatever. Even the 5 and 26 sounds bad, and that's kind of why I hope the Herbert stuff is just to keep people from trading up.

Anyone just moving to 3 before we even pick is stupid. Or unless we've flat out told everyone we're not trading the pick. The only way you can guarantee you get the next QB off the board after Burrow is to move all the way up to #2 at this point. I think there's a strong chance it just goes Burrow, Young, Okudah, Giants take whichever tackle they like best (probably Wirfs), then we'll see what Miami does at 5...but if teams are inquiring, and we're listening, anyone just trading up to #3 right now could be wasting picks to not get their guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Anyone just moving to 3 before we even pick is stupid. Or unless we've flat out told everyone we're not trading the pick. The only way you can guarantee you get the next QB off the board after Burrow is to move all the way up to #2 at this point. I think there's a strong chance it just goes Burrow, Young, Okudah, Giants take whichever tackle they like best (probably Wirfs), then we'll see what Miami does at 5...but if teams are inquiring, and we're listening, anyone just trading up to #3 right now could be wasting picks to not get their guy.
Right, I'm not saying anyone will trade for the 3 first, I just don't think it's very likely anyone will trade for the 2.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rumors out there Lions might draft a QB. Stafford has been getting a lot of blame for that shit show in Detroit. I think its posturing for trade bait but I won't be surprised if they take one.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Well, yeah, which is the point. They could trade for less now since there's uncertainty instead of a lot more on draft day when they know exactly what they'll get and the price goes way up.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm just gonna say this now so I can be roasted for it later - there's no way the Bucs can disappoint me this coming season more than the Lightning did last season.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm just gonna say this now so I can be roasted for it later - there's no way the Bucs can disappoint me this coming season more than the Lightning did last season.
I'm just gonna say this now....

The Pat era is done.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
nah they'll sign Jameis and win a Super Bowl in the next 3 yrs
giphy.gif

• 1Like

Merrith

Well, yeah, which is the point. They could trade for less now since there's uncertainty instead of a lot more on draft day when they know exactly what they'll get and the price goes way up.

If you trade for 3 now, you're just showing your hand and everyone else knows you can't make an offer for 2 at that point with the capital you already sent for 3, unless they'd actually want to spend twice.

Say Miami made a trade tonight with Detroit to move up from 5 to 3 and gave up a 2nd and a 4th (or something to that effect, not sure what the actual trade value chart would dictate it to be). Chargers know they just have to talk to us at that point b/c in all likelihood Miami isn't trading up twice. It's completely pointless to trade for #3 prior to #2 being done already or us stating there was zero chance we would trade out of that spot.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If you trade for 3 now, you're just showing your hand and everyone else knows you can't make an offer for 2 at that point with the capital you already sent for 3, unless they'd actually want to spend twice.

Say Miami made a trade tonight with Detroit to move up from 5 to 3 and gave up a 2nd and a 4th (or something to that effect, not sure what the actual trade value chart would dictate it to be). Chargers know they just have to talk to us at that point b/c in all likelihood Miami isn't trading up twice. It's completely pointless to trade for #3 prior to #2 being done already or us stating there was zero chance we would trade out of that spot.

Like I said, it's a gamble and an attempt to get the player you want for less

Merrith

Like I said, it's a gamble and an attempt to get the player you want for less

Just something we've never really seen before. The only real example in recent years of a QB going at #1 then a team trading up to a spot to take the next one NOT at #2 prior to draft night was when the Jets traded with the Colts to move up from #6 to #3 and drafted Darnold there. Of course...the Giants with Gettleman were there picking #2, and Gettleman has never traded down once ever as GM (although I hear they're discussing a new approach going into this draft, probably because of said lack).

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Bucs are gonna miss the post season. It will be hilarious

• 1Like

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
That could certainly happen. I think they'll win 9-10 games and be in the mix for a wild card but could certainly miss it.

The talk I've seen is every QB throws a ton of INTs their first year in Arians system (Luck, all those Arizona QBs and Winston never could get passed it). If Brady comes in with that bad first year in Arians system maybe they don't make it. Maybe...

If Brady of the Pats comes in taking care of the ball like he always has then I think they have a pretty good shot at playoffs, and trust me as a Saints fan that is NOT what I want to see. We're hoping Brady and Gronk are over the hill... The Buccs OL is pretty bad. Even Brady as a game manager is going to improve that offense a shitload.

Arians is more of an air it out chuck it deep guy so I don't know if Brady has the arm for it. Any smart coach should maximize the skill set he has instead of forcing him to do what he's not great at. Gonna be interesting.

I'm really hoping Brees stock goes up by us dominating the Buccs twice, maybe 3x this year :) Can we get a redux of Mcnabb's last year in Philly were Romo's Cowboys beat the breaks out Philly 3x? Brady realizes he won't shit without Belichik. Pats coast into the playoffs like always with some scrub QB turned probowler in Belichik that they trade for a first and draft Brady's replacement in the first round making Brady cry he really was just a 6th round scrub all along playing on the best constructed and coached team by the evil mastermind. We can dream right?

Sterling

El Presidente
The talk I've seen is every QB throws a ton of INTs their first year in Arians system (Luck, all those Arizona QBs and Winston never could get passed it). If Brady comes in with that bad first year in Arians system maybe they don't make it. Maybe...

If Brady of the Pats comes in taking care of the ball like he always has then I think they have a pretty good shot at playoffs, and trust me as a Saints fan that is NOT what I want to see. We're hoping Brady and Gronk are over the hill... The Buccs OL is pretty bad. Even Brady as a game manager is going to improve that offense a shitload.

Arians is more of an air it out chuck it deep guy so I don't know if Brady has the arm for it. Any smart coach should maximize the skill set he has instead of forcing him to do what he's not great at. Gonna be interesting.

I'm really hoping Brees stock goes up by us dominating the Buccs twice, maybe 3x this year :) Can we get a redux of Mcnabb's last year in Philly were Romo's Cowboys beat the breaks out Philly 3x? Brady realizes he won't shit without Belichik. Pats coast into the playoffs like always with some scrub QB turned probowler in Belichik that they trade for a first and draft Brady's replacement in the first round making Brady cry he really was just a 6th round scrub all along playing on the best constructed and coached team by the evil mastermind. We can dream right?
Even if Brady turns the ball over 20 times next season that's still like half of what Winston did. I suspect he'll have a bit less passing yards than Winston last season, but a lot less turnovers so they'll be reasonably successful. Like I said earlier I'd expect them to be in the 9 or 10 win range and compete for a playoff spot. Saints will probably be in the 11-13 win range and should win the division unless something happens. It's actually kind of funny how many people are on both the Bucs are going to be 14-2 and be amazing and the they'll be 2- 14 and revert to the 70s and 80s Buccaneers tradition bandwagons.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Jerry never disappoints

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme