NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck football.

If Jimmy G and the 49ers defense doesnt shit the bed in the 4th quarter, does he get even close to that kind of deal?

I say no.

• 4Salty
  • 1Potato
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 5 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
$45M per year sounds like a lot, but in 5 years (assuming the cap continues to rise at the same pace) it is going to be a bargain for the Chiefs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck football.

If Jimmy G and the 49ers defense doesnt shit the bed in the 4th quarter, does he get even close to that kind of deal?

I say no.

Of course he would, are you mental?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

You think he would have gotten basically the same numbers if he LOSES the Super Bowl?

Obviously they wouldnt of let him walk, but its just crazy how the SB works with QBs and contracts. Or maybe Im just traumatized by Joe Flacco still. The deal he got after beating the 49ers in the SB the last time they were there was the largest contract ever at the time I believe. Two different situations, but in that case winning the SB after his unbelievable playoff run was undoubtedly a factor in the type of numbers he got.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Think of Dak and what he stands to make. Now think about Mahomes talent.

• 4Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You think he would have gotten basically the same numbers if he LOSES the Super Bowl?

Obviously they wouldnt of let him walk, but its just crazy how the SB works with QBs and contracts. Or maybe Im just traumatized by Joe Flacco still. The deal he got after beating the 49ers in the SB the last time they were there was the largest contract ever at the time I believe. Two different situations, but in that case winning the SB after his unbelievable playoff run was undoubtedly a factor in the type of numbers he got.

After 50 TD's and MVP last year, plus the comebacks against Houston and the Titans prior to the SB? Yeah, he still gets paid huge. This wasn't a Flacco case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Yea you guys are right.

Im just salty about the 49ers losing.

I actually like Mahomes. I hate Flacco though. Also, Baltimore giving that contract to Flacco was horrendous. Mahomes contract looks like its a smart deal for both parties.

Merrith

Yea you guys are right.

Im just salty about the 49ers losing.

I actually like Mahomes. I hate Flacco though. Also, Baltimore giving that contract to Flacco was horrendous. Mahomes contract looks like its a smart deal for both parties.

You want to blame someone for Flacco's contract, blame Rahim Moore.

• 2Worf
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
They're saying over $400M total. Wonder how much over. $400M flat would be 40 a year, which right now is big, but Dak might end up topping that next year while Mahomes will be locked in at that number for the next 10 years.
League revenues are going to fall off a cliff this year. It's almost a guarantee they'll recover but I wouldn't be surprised if salaries and salary caps stayed stagnate for a few years coming out of this.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Revenue will suck this year, but new TV and gambling money coming soon.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, next year is going to be real interesting, as I don't think anyone has any idea what the minimum salary cap would end up as.

Worst case scenario, the NFL still has their existing TV deals, and I think teams will seat fans at whatever the maximum that state allows (25%? 40%?), but I don't know how much of a haircut losing 50+% of the stadium revenue will be. 2021 will be a bad year to be in line for an extension.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Mahomes’ agency, Steinberg Sports, has disclosed that the 10-year extension has a value of $503 million. The agency also says that the deal includes $477 million in “guarantee mechanisms and ability to have outs if guarantee mechanisms aren’t exercised.”

Still want to see some more details but $477m in guarantee money is pretty fucking up there.

Merrith

League revenues are going to fall off a cliff this year. It's almost a guarantee they'll recover but I wouldn't be surprised if salaries and salary caps stayed stagnate for a few years coming out of this.

New TV deal will pretty much dictate all going forward.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeesh with that deal I'm glad the Bucs will have (likely) two years with Brady then hopefully work on a rookie

gak

<Gold Donor>
Looks like da' Bears won in the end... saved a bundle, great for their fans !
l.gif

• 5Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
In other news

Because the first thing that comes to mind when describing Cam is how humble he is. And his almost god-like ability to recover fumbles in critical situations.

• 5Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like da' Bears won in the end... saved a bundle, great for their fans !
View attachment 283526
You're missing the big picture. Bears are aiming to beat the Cubs streak of not winning a championship. They are banking on all the hype when they finally do. And they are already more than one third of a way there. Time flies so fast