NFL Streaming Thread - 2017/18

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I answered you when you asked this before. The NFL one is slightly better since it is the original and directv is the restream. Minimal difference though I bet.

The NFL one has no commercials.

In what I can only describe as some form of Stockholm syndrome sickness, I know people in my family that hate the streams on GearsTV that have no commercials.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
When I listen to Tunein and video streams I get pretty annoyed at either the filler repeating music (OMG, ESPN especially) and the repeating commercials (Hey, Larry Wilmore is the 21st Million person to have a podcast but...).

In most cases I'd rather have the source commercials, lol.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am not sure what is going on with the MMA-TV registration guys. I know I sent a few of you registration keys, but it looks like maybe the registration is broken. I have sent out a bunch of keys in the past that worked, but it looks like the last few I sent aren't doing anything.

Not sure what to say. I can try to send an email to their support, but honestly they aren't very responsive.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wait, so MMA-TV and GearsTV are just Smoothstreams? Shit, I had that two years ago, forget how I got into it, and that was the service that sucked balls for me. Out of perhaps 10 RedZone channels (most of which were the dreaded DirecTV version), I could only ever get a couple of them to work at a time, and most were in such lower resolution that blown up on a 55" tv it was almost unwatchable.

Maybe it has gotten better, and I'd still like to give it a shot if the invites ever get figured out, but I was not impressed at all with Smoothstreams. Hopefully they've improved things a lot since then.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Wait, so MMA-TV and GearsTV are just Smoothstreams? Shit, I had that two years ago, forget how I got into it, and that was the service that sucked balls for me. Out of perhaps 10 RedZone channels (most of which were the dreaded DirecTV version), I could only ever get a couple of them to work at a time, and most were in such lower resolution that blown up on a 55" tv it was almost unwatchable.

Maybe it has gotten better, and I'd still like to give it a shot if the invites ever get figured out, but I was not impressed at all with Smoothstreams. Hopefully they've improved things a lot since then.

No GearsTV is not smooth stream, not at all. Htt*p//targetcreates.com/repo is for Gearstv minus the *. I've had a few regular tv channels not work but they get fixed in a timely manner and I've never seen a sporting event link not work. $16.99 is a steal for GearsTV. Forgot to add that all channels are 720p or 1080p.

20170801_160121.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, yeah that's totally different than Smoothstreams. I'm assuming you can just google GearsTV and sign up? I'd be interested in trying both and seeing which one I like better now.

EDIT: Yeah just googled it and immediately found the official instructions. Seems pretty damn easy. Maybe I'll try it out tonight.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Hmm, yeah that's totally different than Smoothstreams. I'm assuming you can just google GearsTV and sign up? I'd be interested in trying both and seeing which one I like better now.

EDIT: Yeah just googled it and immediately found the official instructions. Seems pretty damn easy. Maybe I'll try it out tonight.

Yeah it's simple, the live channels and the sports PPV are outstanding. I just wanted to have the SmoothStreams for another choice to give people I deal with when it comes to sports.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Days like today are what make me not want to count on MMA-TV. Trying to watch a few different things and nothing will stream without stuttering. Changed channels, servers, anything I can, and it still sucks balls.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Watched the HOF game on gears last night with zero issues.

It wasn't even on MMA-TV best I could tell. :(

I ended up getting an acestream from reddit, which after an hour or two always kills my cable modem for some reason and it has to be restarted.

WIll have to give GearsTV a shot.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It wasn't even on MMA-TV best I could tell. :(

I ended up getting an acestream from reddit, which after an hour or two always kills my cable modem for some reason and it has to be restarted.

WIll have to give GearsTV a shot.

I like it, wish I could remember who told me about it but it was someone from here.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I love how I go back and forth from singing the praises of MMA-TV, to bitching about it non stop. I am not sure if there is something going on at my house, but for the past week or so I can't get any stream to work without stuttering to a point where nothing is watchable. I tried it on both my computer and my wife's laptop, and it was the same issue on both. Oddly enough, I pulled it up on my phone and it streamed with 100% perfection.

One big problem with MMA-TV there is no real support. I have sent them emails in the past asking questions, including for the folks whom I sent keys to that aren't working, and have never heard back. So I am lost as to what I can even do for any troubleshooting.

Hey guys...UK NFL fan here, who has used Gamepass for the past 4 seasons, but this year it really sucks...

Looking for a good (paying) alternative, and it sounds like (generally anyway) MMA-TV is a decent option, and worth a look...

Is anyone able to send me an invite to join it please?

Also, some very basic instructions on adding the app to Kodi would be really helpful too, if you could...

Many thanks...Looking forward to the upcoming season :)

Cheers,

P.S. If MMA-TV invites aren't working, is there another good alternative? maybe that doesn't need invites? Gears TV? I don't mind paying, but just want quality streams in 720p or 1080p...Thanks!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Go check the first post in the thread. There are a couple of options up there.

I am seriously considering taking a look at Gears TV since MMA-TV is being shit for me for some reason.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I went NFL2GO and am pleased. It is $35 for first time people. You don't need an invite. It works at work past the firwall and in any browser.

I too would like to give NFL2Go a try but I think they only take Bitcoin as payment, and I don't have a Bitcoin account unfortunately:(