NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Delly

Trakanon Raider
This would be hilarious to watch Araysar be super butthurt over losing after that goal. Haha.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
[Mippo] THIS GAME IS RIGGED BY THE FUCKING REFS [/MIPPO]

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I were a Chicago fan, I'd be pissed too...but it was the right call.
With under 2 minutes to go in a tied up Game 7...I don't think you call that. They let everything go for the previous 8+ minutes, then call two guys battling? Unreal weak call.

With under 2 minutes to go in a tied up Game 7...I don't think you call that. They let everything go for the previous 8+ minutes, then call two guys battling? Unreal weak call.
Yah but it is what it is. Detroit had no business being in this series in the first place. Hawks have nobody but themselves to blame if they lose because of whistle that should have been swallowed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_27414.jpg

I dunno why the intermission analysts are all over this ref. I'd be all for letting stuff go but the guy was on his back in the Detroit bench and was then taken to the ice - do you call that in the first period? Call it in the 3rd if so.

Araxen

LOL CBC.

"Let's listen first, he blows the whistle!"

-replay, no whistle to be heard-

"WELL I HEARD THE WHISTLE'

Don Cherry with the "I heard nothing and he didn't even raise his arms" truth bombs.

Merrith

do you call that in the first period? Call it in the 3rd if so.
This would be inconsistent with how most playoff games are officiated. Obviously sounds ridiculous, but it's a fact. Come 3rd period and OT in a tied game, stuff that would get called in the 1st is sometimes let go. I usually don't have a problem with that either.

Merrith

Yah but it is what it is. Detroit had no business being in this series in the first place. Hawks have nobody but themselves to blame if they lose because of whistle that should have been swallowed.
Once you're down 3-1...you have to win 3 in a row. Yeah, they put themselves in that position, and should always do more where a refs call isn't what costs you a series, but it doesn't make a bad call a good one. If they win in OT everyone can just talk about the adversity they overcame.