NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Juvarisx

Florida
I don't even want him on the Leafs anymore. Rather they use the cap on trying to get Getz or Perry or both in the off season should they make it to Free Agency. Anyways Leafs have looked fine. Ryan Miller won the game last night and that's what having an elite goaltender affords you, the chance for him to single handily win a game now and then.

reefah

Molten Core Raider
Ah, that explains it. You're straight up retarded. The Oilers have never expressed any interest in Luongo. We don't need nor want him, given his amazing capacity for choking and his awful contract. I really have no idea what idiot hockey writers cooked up that rumor. Dubnyk's unproven, sure, but Luongo has proven he can't win. The Oilers also have two or three pretty good prospects in the system whose development we hopefully won't fuck up quite as badly us Dubnyk's. If Dubnyk doesn't prove himself this year, then we have to make a move in the summer for help in net in the short term, and Bulin's contract expiring will be a big relief, but Luongo isn't the answer and no one in the organization thinks he is.
Oilers don't make the playoffs unless they secure up defense and goaltender. It may not be Luongo, but it they need someone.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Oilers don't make the playoffs unless they secure up defense and goaltender. It may not be Luongo, but it they need someone.
Our D is actually pretty solid now provided it stays healthy. Strong potential of being pretty awesome in 2-3 years as we have 6 or so very, very solid prospects (Fedun, Klefbom, Teubert, Musil, Marincin, Simpson, Gernat). With Smid and Petry just now hitting their stride as a top pairing and still young at 26/25, Justin Schultz looking like the real deal, Whitney only 29 and seemingly healthy, Nick Schultz at 30 with at least a few good years left, and then Fistric and Potter to fill out the last pairing we're looking reasonably good on the back end. Our D isn't nearly as weak as people seem to think.

Goaltending remains to be seen, but Dubnyk has shown that when given an opportunity to start a string of games that he's able to get in a rhythm. Bulin is done, and never should have been signed. Past them is Danis, a career AHL goalie, and a couple prospects in Roy and Bunz that are still years away.

At this point, barring injuries, the Oilers are best to stand pat and see what they truly have unless Dubnyk absolutely shits the bed. But patience will pay off, we're still another season or two away from a Cup run, no sense panicking and picking up Luongo's awful contract just so his game can completely fall apart in 2-3 years when we truly need solid goaltending for a Cup run.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is Ottawa's coach.

yMOBPDA.png

If neither one has a goatee how do we tell which is the evil twin?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...alike/1855073/

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Well that was an ugly game for the Oilers against San Jose last night. Can't even be blamed on goaltending, only the second goal could reasonably be considered Dubnyk's fault. Otherwise it was a chinese fire drill in our zone the whole first period. I thought a couple of the penalties were pretty questionable against the Oilers in the first, however there were some awful calls against San Jose in the third so I guess that evens things out? It seemed like every penalty was called by one of the two refs, which was pretty silly.

Nice to see Yakupov and Schultz get their first goals in the NHL. Yakupov's one timer looks unfuckingreal.

Phandy

Golden Squire
I'm glad they got brought back to earth. Gotta stay grounded and keep working on the details... and clearly defensive zone coverage. The first period was among the worst periods of hockey I have ever seen.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
Lupul got hurt with a stick across the arm,just above the glove it looked like.Not sure on his status,but went off and did't come back. Reimer back in net for first time in 10 months and Gardiner back on D.So that's three lineup changes on D in as many games and all solid performances, total 360 from last year and depth to boot.Orr delivers black eye on Eng, good deal.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leafs had only one pp goal.I was baffled as to why they weren't shooting.
Best was Pens killing almost 6 straight minutes of PP including like :45 of 5-3 time and then almost immediately giving up a goal when it got back to even strength.

Leafs looked good too BTW, don't want it to sound like they got lucky. That Bozak kid plays his ass off. And Colton Orr did not get KTFO by Engelland when they fought this time.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Chicago is quite content with their own shitty goalie, Ray Emery. We don't need another shitty goalie.

Fadaar

That guy
Only three games in and the Lightning are doing the same shit they did the last few years -- decent in the first period, awful in the second period, and then they remember how to play hockey in the third. Their goals breakdown so far -- 4 goals 1st period, 1 goal 2nd period, 8 goals 3rd period. So rage worthy.